Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Unable to access online modes or lobby service

OP Stealthninja133

Unable to access online modes or lobby service and trouble with syncing error, I've tried reinstalling the game and hard restarting my Xbox and all that and still comes up with the same error, and just can't connect to the MP
Are you able to connect to online services with other games? Any chance you are using a child account with parental controls active?
I also had some syncing errors recently, even though I've never had that before in H5. What I did was just click around a bit, pressing the B button and swapping between home/xbox app until eventually the game got tricked into closing the sync screen even though it never finished.

I think the reason that it was stuck on syncing is because the game was already synced and the screen shouldn't have been displayed in the first place. Also, I noticed around 1/4 of my custom game settings are invalid files now and won't load, but the rest are fine. If I had to guess, maybe they're running into memory problems again by introducing the holiday maps.
I’ve also had syncing errors for weeks now. The only thing I’m able to with on halo is campaign. All my other games work online perfectly. I’ve hard reset the Xbox, uninstalled and then spent 4 days installing it again. I have digital copy and physical copy. Nothing works and as I said, this has been going on since early December 2018.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
tuhin94 wrote:
Are you able to connect to online services with other games? Any chance you are using a child account with parental controls active?
This is so patronising and unhelpful
I’m asking questions that are meant to narrow down the problem and in no way intended to imply or state anything negative. The issue here is your interpretation rather than the post itself.
Obviously ive done everything else hence why I’ve come here to make a post. All my other games work fine, I have no parental controls set on, I’ve hard reset my console, uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game and still nothing works
please do not respond with another pointless probing question. I would very much appreciate it
One day I had alot of syncing problems out of nowhere because it had never happened to me before. I wasn't able to play multiplayer on Halo 5 that day and the next day I kept hard reseting my xbox and synching until it worked. Never had a problem after that.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
Spoiler:
Show
Obviously ive done everything else hence why I’ve come here to make a post. All my other games work fine, I have no parental controls set on, I’ve hard reset my console, uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game and still nothing works
please do not respond with another pointless probing question. I would very much appreciate it
A simple yes or no would have sufficed seeing as you did not mention either of those things in your initial post (I’m assuming you’re using a second account). Neither of those questions are patronizing, probing, or pointless. It’s a basic method of asking questions. But, if that’s your interpretation, so be it and I can’t do anything to change it. Hopefully you find your answer.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
Spoiler:
Show