Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

Unable to Load/Save CoOp Campaign [343 Response]

OP xxM3GAPH0N3xx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I cannot load previous or save a new file for coop campaign. Solo works fine. Anyone else having this issue? Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same result.

343 response: 7/20/2019
Quote:
Hi all,
I just came across this thread and am able to reproduce the problem. I'm opening up a production incident to track the issue, and someone will update this thread once we know more. To set expectations, it will probably take a few days for us to complete our investigation and provide an update.
343 update, 7/29/2019:

Quote:
Hey everyone –

We are still actively investigating this issue and will continue to provide updates when we have more information to share.

Thank you for your patience, and please stay tuned to this thread for further updates.
Having same issue.
Says Load Game Failed, we encountered a problem and we're unable to load your save game please try again.

Reinstalled and hard reset with same issue. Started 2 weeks ago
Yes, same here. Glad it isn’t just me. Would be great to get it fixed. My bf and I are trying to play while he is away for work and it sucks we cant save/restart!
Just picked up the game today, booted it up to start a co-op campaign for the first time and "Saving fail". Did a shutdown, unplug, no joy.

What's going on?
Monitors, can we get an update if this issue is being looked in to? We got the game just to play local co-op and it's currently unplayable.
I went ahead and did a report through the Xbox Insider Hub for the game save issue. Not sure if that'll be of much help getting some kind of response. Solo game saves seem to work fine, but Co-op saving of any kind is a no go, be it checkpoints during game play or a manual save.
Thank you! And yes, its the same exact thing for me with solo and campaign.
Very strange one... do you own the game or play through GamePass?
MorseyBaby wrote:
I own a digital copy of the game.
Skunkie wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Very strange indeed. And you were definitely hosting?
MorseyBaby wrote:
Skunkie wrote:
MorseyBaby wrote:
Very strange indeed. And you were definitely hosting?
I'll walk through the tests I've done with this issue:
  1. Started up the game with one other friend in the Fireteam, went into co-op campaign, started our first missions. Upon first checkpoint above the radar the message "Saving...failed" appears. Noticed you can do a manual save within the pause menu, same error happens. Decided to do an Xbox reset when we both noticed this happening. Turned Xbox off, unplugged for 10 seconds, came back into the game continuing with me as the host, same issue.
  2. Had a friend host, joined their Fireteam, began our first co-op campaign mission. Both of us again notice the Saving...failed message. No joy on manual save as well.
  3. Started a co-op campaign alone but joinable, went through the first mission until Saving...failed appeared. No other friends are in this test. No joy on saving. Had the friend I was testing with do the exact same thing, and same failed saving.
Pretty weird, right?

*Edit: When I first saw the save issue, I did do a quick search here in the forums, this was the newest thread with other people discussing the problem, but we're not the only ones, here's a few other exmaples, sadly without solutions:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/halo-5-can-t-save-during-co-op-campaign/7036364e-6076-4c1b-874f-7cfa832cd051/posts
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/saving-issues-in-local-co-op/25ead71b-fb66-47b8-a61b-83a6cfda2dea/posts
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/saving-failed/4dae0842-f53f-4c30-b438-3974a5fcf619/posts
Please excuse the bump.

Last night my Spartan Company got together to try a four player co-op campaign run, knowing that the possibility of "Saving...failed" would be a problem. All four of us again experienced the same issue. No progress can be saved no matter the host. Everyone has Open NATs, plenty of space both on their local Xbox HDDs and their Xbox Live cloud storage. Three of us own a digital copy, while one of us was playing from Game Pass. Three of us on Xbox One, one of us on an Xbox One X. No one is on an Insider test release of the system OS, all public finals.

Hoping to get some kind of response on this. Campaign is such a big part of the Halo experience, and something best shared with friends/family.

*Edit: I forgot to add, I noticed that the one thing in the co-op cpamaign that does save is finding the data pods. I currently have 3 of them from the first Mission, and it saves which ones I have already found, but progress within the mission isn't saved at all. This goes for the rest of the company. Data pods saved, progress no. I know this as the first time I played from when I posted, I had 2, and then last night I had found a 3rd.
I cannot load previous or save a new file for coop campaign. Solo works fine. Anyone else having this issue? Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the game with the same result.
Same issue here. Also wont delete my 397days ago save. Keeps resyncing it back after i hit delete every where even with good full shutdown. Somebody get this fixed hahahaha i have a fourrunner to stop with my son snd two nephews!
Adding to the plea on Twitter to both @Halo and @XboxSupport, I thought it would be good to also try the r/halo reddit. You can find my report here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/c7iv70/help_halo_5_cant_save_during_coop_campaign/

We need eyes on this.
Skunkie wrote:
Adding to the plea on Twitter to both @Halo and @XboxSupport, I thought it would be good to also try the r/halo reddit. You can find my report here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/c7iv70/help_halo_5_cant_save_during_coop_campaign/

We need eyes on this.
Yea we do. Not looking for a quick next day fix but i am looking for some acknowledgement and go from there.
I have had a few other Spartans insist that this is a server issue. So I went ahead and started posting in the Server Report thread:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/server-reports-latency-disconnects-etc/94237e5e-3dba-4a03-b2bd-670defa11329/posts

Looks like a pretty active thread regarding other server issues with multiplayer, but at this point, I'm willing to try. I'll do a weekly report if I have to. I'm trying to keep the annoyance down for the mods. Hopefully they'll forgive.
Thanks, Skunkie!
chiming in here - i'm having the same issue with a friend..
Please fix this!!!!
it is absolutely annoying.
My brother and me were playing and all our Coop saves are gone??? Unable to load
Gave the #community-support channel a try on the Halo Discord server, see if others are havig the issue and if maybe some one semi-official could shed some light. Had a fellow Spartan confirm they are also seeing the issue, and no one else chimed in during our discussion. Most people chalk it up to a server issue and 343 being too busy with MCC on PC, Reach coming to MCC< and of course Infinite to be bothered with campaign saves on Halo 5. I'm hoping there is still a small support team hearing our pleas. Campaign is such a rock solid thing to me in my mind that progress saving would need to be addressed, or at least achnowledged with some kind of response. Here's hoping.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2