Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

User Authorization Error Happens Every Night

OP Gun8435

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/L3g3ndarY%20NovA/screenshot/4233189

This error happens to me literally every night at about 7-8pm AEST. If I press A to go past it and then try to get to an Arena or Warzone playlist I get the error saying it's unable to connect to the lobby. Sometimes it'll actually put me on the 'select playlist' menu but no options show up and all it says is retrieving data. All my req items are retrieving data and if I try to do anything with them I get a profile sync error. I can't even play custom games because the maps and game modes - even the standard ones - are retrieving data also. All this stuff usually goes away in half an hour to an hour or so but it cuts right into my peak play time and I really just want to play Halo. It seems that even the Waypoint website goes down sometimes at this point because even in writing this I got several "DNS address not found" error screens before being able to post this. Any other website or game is fine. It's just with Halo stuff that this happens nightly.

Has anyone got any idea what's going on?
Not sure, but it is happening to alot of playes all over the world. I am in the USA and it happens to me. I wish they would acknowledge and fix it.
Try unplugging your Xbox for 15secs. then plug it back in (power cycle). If that doesn't do it, MS/343 has some fixing to do.
BadDogg55 wrote:
Try unplugging your Xbox for 15secs. then plug it back in (power cycle). If that doesn't do it, MS/343 has some fixing to do.
A power cycle doesn't work for me. The only solution I've found is to wait out the errors.