Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

WarZone DONT WORK (South Ameria, Africa,Australia)

OP Makiavelo SG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 112
n Brazil we have MS dedicated servers that seems to be running perfectly fine in Slayer and Arena, being fast to find matches and playing them with no lag.

However, me and all my friends are having issues to find and play Warzone and Free-for-All. It stucks in "searching for more spartans..." forever (or until it shows an error screen saying it could find no games), in a similar issue of what happened to Halo MCC.

I find it hard to believe that the reason for that is the player base cause if the number of complaints is any indication, there are a lot of people trying to play unsuccessfuly!

It seems to be an issue affecting South America, Africa and Australia.

Has 343 said anything about that?
Are they working on a fix or we will need to stick with that situation?

It is frustrating to have, again, issues with the matchmaking as I did for MCC. I paid full price for the game and am unable to access some of the most interesting contents in the package! That said, I would love an official answer here that they acknowledge the issue and are already working on a fix.

By the way:
30mb internet, open nat, no MTU issues. Am able to play everything else (including Halo 5 Slayer and Arena) without issues.
its a region block... not an issue... they are GREAT ^^
Same here... No find players in warzone and free for all... Brazil too... Help US 343i
We can't play warzone in south america, africa and australia.

But we can play campaign and arena!

I from Argentina.

EDIT: Country`s where warzone DONT work.

• Argentina
  • Chile
  • Brasil
  • Australia
  • Peru
  • China
  • Japan
  • Korea
  • Singapure
(If you no are in this country's please reply)
Oh and thankyou for this post... Since day one i couldn't play it and I though it was something on my end... I tried to fix every single problem I found, with my internet, router, even did a rollback of the New Preview Exp and with that (I didnt know) I did erase all my data in my xbox (Im now downloading all my games again)... just to find out I still cant play warzone... yay =D so.. TY for this post and I hope with a lot of people they will at least see how low they are for doing a region block to all those countries! Thats a great way to treat fans around the world, you know ^^
And above all... TY 343i
Quote:
We are still investigating this issue and will provide updates as soon as they're available. Thank you for your continued patience.
oh its an issue now? funny... so the MP has nothing to do with our geo-location, so we are not going to be matched with people in our near vicinity by the connected ip? Its funny because I could only play with people from Brazil till now... hmm... Also, If our connection to others players exceeds a certain latency point it will allow me to connect to them?
You are funny 343i... saying this is an issue and not a region block =)... oh you hahaha

Just unblock it already! Its NOT AN ISSUE!

(as you can see my patience was gone back in MCC)
There's no way to play Halo then I will play Destiny !! Bungie sends his regards 343.

15 days at least to try to fix this problem!

The 343 is toying with the patience of its customers around the world, so far only sending automatic messages on the forum, without an explanation of the problem.
Quote:
We are still investigating this issue and will provide updates as soon as they're available. Thank you for your continued patience.
No, we are not "patient". We just have no choice, do we?
I hope you people can really find a solution for that situation, cause after MCC crap issues I can't stand that -Yoink- anymore!
4 days and i cant play a single match of warzone .I'm from Chile
I'm Brazilian and I'm experiencing the same problem. Matchmaking can't find any players to join me in Warzone since Wednesday.
One more from Brazil here. Arena works fine. I can get into games in less than a minute, but for warzone , it keeps searching players forever. I played like 3 games in 20+ tries. It's frustrating!
I do not know why game developers use geolocation for matchmaking on online games. Here in South America most of the servers that we connect to play are based in Brazil and most countries do not have a direct internet connection with it. As far as I know here in Peru our under water Pacific optic fiber cable ends in Eastern US (Florida) so it is better to use American servers than any Brazilian server. Using Brazilian servers make the connection to go to US then go to Brazil, go back to US and end in Peru. REMBER THERE IS NO DIRECT INTERNET CONNECTION BETWEEN COUNTRIES - Most South American internet hubs are based on Eastern US.
As I see it, Halo 5 matchmaking is "geo-location" based meaning you are going to be matched with people in the
near vicinity by the connected ip. Also, I think there is a latency limit where when your connection to others players
exceeds a certain latency point, it will not allow you to connect to them.

Now, this will give a somewhat lag free smooth gameplay. Hooray for those gamers located where Xbox One
consoles are popular. (US, Canada, UK...)

The problem is for those regions where the XO is not that popular compared to those above countries.

Because of limited number of XO owners and players, they will have a hard time finding Warzone game modes
since it has a minimum limit of people needed to start a game. As for Arena, it's kinda OK because like team
slayer can start with just 5~6 players.

Since 343 was promoting Warzone as the key element of Halo 5, it is kinda sad to see this "geo-location" matchmaking
taking the joy out of playing with Halo fans on a world wide basis.

I wish they had a matchmaking search criteria in the options menu. Call Of Duty Black Ops 1 by Treyarch had a similar problem
in the beginning but solved it by giving options to set the matchmaking search criteria.

1. Local search
(just do matchmaking within your country. good connection, few matches)

2. Region search
(do matchmaking within your region like europe/asia/north america/south america/middle east/russia and so on. mild connection, more matches)

3. Global search
(do matchmaking globally. weak to mild connection, most matches)

Let the gamers choose what kind of experience they would like to get out of Halo 5. More warzone games modes except sacrificing lag or Lag-free gameplay except finding warzone games more difficult.
I'm from Brazil and I have the same problem. Only managed to play 1 warzone since launch and I'm even having trouble finding players on the Arena (takes a while but it's not impossible like it is for warzone)
Undying wrote:
As I see it, Halo 5 matchmaking is "geo-location" based meaning you are going to be matched with people in the
near vicinity by the connected ip. Also, I think there is a latency limit where when your connection to others players
exceeds a certain latency point, it will not allow you to connect to them.

Now, this will give a somewhat lag free smooth gameplay. Hooray for those gamers located where Xbox One
consoles are popular. (US, Canada, UK...)

The problem is for those regions where the XO is not that popular compared to those above countries.

Because of limited number of XO owners and players, they will have a hard time finding Warzone game modes
since it has a minimum limit of people needed to start a game. As for Arena, it's kinda OK because like team
slayer can start with just 5~6 players.

Since 343 was promoting Warzone as the key element of Halo 5, it is kinda sad to see this "geo-location" matchmaking
taking the joy out of playing with Halo fans on a world wide basis.

I wish they had a matchmaking search criteria in the options menu. Call Of Duty Black Ops 1 by Treyarch had a similar problem
in the beginning but solved it by giving options to set the matchmaking search criteria.

1. Local search
(just do matchmaking within your country. good connection, few matches)

2. Region search
(do matchmaking within your region like europe/asia/north america/south america/middle east/russia and so on. mild connection, more matches)

3. Global search
(do matchmaking globally. weak to mild connection, most matches)

Let the gamers choose what kind of experience they would like to get out of Halo 5. More warzone games modes except sacrificing lag or Lag-free gameplay except finding warzone games more difficult.
I hope they add that. It seems to be the case!
But we need some oficial answer from them, a serious one! If that was an North American or European issue I'm sure they would not ignore us, but that not being the case I fear for the worst!
Common fix it already. Playing just arena gets old really fast. I want to play other game modes. Its been 4 days already, we bought 60 dollars worth of content, and i would really like to play what i payed for. Your brand already took a hit with the mcc, one would have though that you would make shure to have a stable launch. Im gonna be honest, gameplay wise this is the Best halo in years. But the story is bad, you have no big team battle no forge. So the real value is in arena and warzone, and since warzone is down i fell that i just got one good mode for my 60 dollars: arena. And one mode does not justify expending that much money.
Some of the unpopular game modes are kinda impossible for us Brazilians/South Americans to play. 343i made the same mistake as activision in Call of Duty, we're locked to play only with people of our country. Modes like Breakout/Warzone Assault (my favorites) are almost impossible to be played here in Brazil.
343i Should do the same as Titanfall where we can change our region at any time and play those modes in north america servers.
Gave it a shot with a group of 5, and after a couple tries we were able to find a game. Played 4 games this way, before I had to leave. So I think for now maybe this is kind of a fix..

Anyone else had any success doing this?
I`m having the same issue here. I`m from Brazil and Warzone almost never find any games. I managed to play a couple of them, but to do so I had to keep searching for more than a hour. At this point, I think this is pretty much a known issue that has to be fixed. A lot of my friends are also trying with no success and some of them even got the DELUXE package, with extra content that can be used only in WARZONE. Also, I have friends in the US and they seem to be playing warzone normally, as I can see their activity. I even joined up a party with them and got out of the queue very fast.
This issue + the lag spikes issues that some people are experiencing only in HALO 5 are reeeeally turning me down for this game.
Smurfao wrote:
Gave it a shot with a group of 5, and after a couple tries we were able to find a game. Played 4 games this way, before I had to leave. So I think for now maybe this is kind of a fix..

no.. not a fix for people that dont have any friends with halo 5...
Smurfao wrote:

When you are in a bigger group, sometimes you find games. Once you find one and don`t leave the queue, than you are probably gonna keep playing because people will be matched against you again. That is what I experienced here. If you leave the quere and the fireteam between matches, then you will have hard time finding a game again. I`ve being searching for 40 minutes now (solo) and can`t find a single match.
On launch day I could play 3 straight Warzone matches right away (11PM to 11:30PM). Since then, I just could play 1 Warzone game each day just after turning on the console. Kinda strange, seems that blocking starts a few minutes after console is turned on.

Looks that on launch day some problems began as soon as more people started to connect, so blocking certain regions was the solution to avoid major failure in North America and Europe.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 112