Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo 5: Guardians Support

XBOX SERIES X matchmaking connection error

OP LEECloud K

XBOX SERIES X multiplayer matchmaking "There was a problem with the dedicated server" error.
There is no problem with XBOX ONE, it seems to occur in XBOX SERIES.
Do you have any problems with other XBOX SERIES? In other games, there was no problem with the matchmaking.
343 seems to need confirmation of this issue.
Are there any users experiencing the same problem?
LEECloud K wrote:
XBOX SERIES X multiplayer matchmaking "There was a problem with the dedicated server" error.
There is no problem with XBOX ONE, it seems to occur in XBOX SERIES.
Do you have any problems with other XBOX SERIES? In other games, there was no problem with the matchmaking.
343 seems to need confirmation of this issue.
Are there any users experiencing the same problem?
I have a Series X and have had not a single problem that I haven’t had on One X and One prior. Personally I don’t believe this is a Series Console problem though I have no way of confirming that. May be worth looking at your network ports and seeing if you can prioritise bandwidth to the console if you’re consistently having issues.

The game has been riddled with server and connection issues for years at this point.
I think it's a quick resume problem... Quick resume still works after a power cycle so resetting your Xbox doesn't fix it.

I also get this problem from time to time on my series X, to fix I quit out of the game (guide button - quit) then restart the game fresh.
Phannybaws wrote:
I think it's a quick resume problem... Quick resume still works after a power cycle so resetting your Xbox doesn't fix it.

I also get this problem from time to time on my series X, to fix I quit out of the game (guide button - quit) then restart the game fresh.
Giving this a shot. Am having the same problem.
Phannybaws wrote:

This worked for me.
Yeh, I quit out every time now... I get dedicated server problems a LOT if I don't.
I'm getting the same thing. Just got the series s
Yes, same error here, I do the same, close the game and open it again, solves the issue every time. (Series x by the way)
Unplug the power cord wait 15 seconds plug back in. Works everytime. Only problem is having to do it almost everyday. Or resuming play after a few hours.
2 people on same wired Ethernet router errors one person not able to connect into match. Not sure exactly but we connected over WiFi. Also had to join fire team not just join game.
Phannybaws wrote:

this worked!