Forums / Support / Halo 5: Forge Support

Crashes on startup

OP Advancebo55

I can't launch Halo 5 Forge completely. After the Halo splash-screen, the game immediately exits on its own right as I see "Welcome Spartan".

Any help on fixing this?

i7 6700k
16GB RAM
AMD RX 480 8GB
I'm surprised you even see that screen mine crashes instantly.

Can they please update forge so it doesn't need to run that damn halo app.
Really hope it's a quick fix for this. Sure my normal windows 10 isn't strong enough for the game (sure does feel like it is) hey I can deal with that, but in game it's playing just fine i'm not lagging or anything. Crashing, Selecting a map, Starting a map, messing with Settings.
I crash right after it says I don't meet minimum specs. I know that I don't meet the specs but I should be able to at least launch it I'm able to launch other high end games and play them so I don't know that issue. To add on to this I have the Halo app crashing too.
Mine wont even download. Keeps just stopping and refusing to start up again. Also Halo app is DOA for me, wont even open.
Looks like I was able to launch Halo 5 Forge. I actually uninstalled the Halo app, and just ran Halo 5 Forge separately, loads up fine.
lol my halo just crashes when I just boot it up
Omegois wrote:
I crash right after it says I don't meet minimum specs. I know that I don't meet the specs but I should be able to at least launch it I'm able to launch other high end games and play them so I don't know that issue. To add on to this I have the Halo app crashing too.
I have same problem too, i can launch subnautica on a pentium laptop but not Halo 5 forge
Does anybody have fix for this , been looking around for hours now. Mine as soon as i click play , a window pops up and close after seconds without any error messages. I've seen this game run on systems less powerful than mine.
Specs -
Intel Core i5 3450 3.40 ghz
8 GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 1060 6Gb

did almost everything suggested - ran the halo 5 forge app after uninstalling the Halo app, re-downloaded and reinstalled twice , enables game dvr etc.
EDIT: Nothing here. Just pretend this is a deleted comment.
Hey, I might of found a fix!
You've tried "Uninstalling Halo 5: Forge" right? Well, I found out it never really deletes the Halo 5: Forge folder when you "Uninstall" it, it seems to only get rid of the shortcut and some files that are required to start it.
When you download Halo 5: Forge again thinking it's uninstalled, it just updates the game with a few files on the Halo 5: Forge you had installed since who knows when.
So Here's what I did.

Start by deleting the Halo 5: Forge folder from:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Halo5Forge (If you can't access Windows Apps, you have to change the owner to you)
[Right-ClickWindowsApps> Properties>|SecurityTab |> [ Advanced ] >Change Owner (Top-middle) >Type in your Microsoft Username > Hit Check Name>OK]
By Microsoft Username, I mean the Name that the login screen shows before you log on.

Once you have access, download this neat little tool called, Unlocker.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Miscellaneous/Unlocker.shtml#download
Select your bit version and download and install. (If you don't know what your's is) [Right-ClickStart>System] Should tell you there.

Once installed, goto:
C:\Program Files\Unlocker
[Right-Click on Unlocker.exe>Copy>Right Click on Desktop>Paste Shortcut>Right-Click & Rename to Unlocker]

[OpenUnlocker>ClickThis PC > Local Disk (C:) > Program Files > WindowsApps > Microsoft.Halo5Forge > OK]
Let Unlocker do it's thing, then after the folder is deleted, go ahead & re-download Halo 5: Forge, should work from there.

If it doesn't, either you need to Update your graphics card, your Windows 10 version or you didn't meet the requirements, but that's probably not the case.
(...unless that is the case then, uh... you'll need better specs or probably a better PC.)

Hope this fixes things for whoever finds this.