Forums / Support / Halo 5: Forge Support

Error: 0x80000001 closes after clicking continue

OP Too Origonal

After downloading Halo 5: Forge, and installing it, I launched the game and received this error code: 0x80000001.

It tells me, "Your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements. You may encounter performance or stability issues." alongside the error code 0x8000001.

Gives me (2) options, continue and close. I click continue, and the game closes. I click close and the game closes as well. I believe clicking continue should allow me to still play the game, but be slightly down due to performance in regards to my CPU not supporting SSE 4.1.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
RAM: 16 GBs

Simply put, clicking continue does not allow me to proceed to play the game. Even though it warns me that I may have performance issues, it still closes out no matter if I press continue or close.
Same issue:

AMD Phenom II X4 B40
Radeon R7 360 2GB
8GB RAM
Anniversary .105
After downloading Halo 5: Forge, and installing it, I launched the game and received this error code: 0x80000001.

It tells me, "Your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements. You may encounter performance or stability issues." alongside the error code 0x8000001.

Gives me (2) options, continue and close. I click continue, and the game closes. I click close and the game closes as well. I believe clicking continue should allow me to still play the game, but be slightly down due to performance in regards to my CPU not supporting SSE 4.1.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
GPU: Nvidia GTX 760
RAM: 16 GBs

Simply put, clicking continue does not allow me to proceed to play the game. Even though it warns me that I may have performance issues, it still closes out no matter if I press continue or close.
I have the same issue also. I hope they fix it soon.
Yeah got the same problem, clicking continue just goes back to the Halo app with a spinning circle on my cursor
The list of errors 0x8000 .....
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/halo-5-forge-windows-10-help
The truth is that not much help but to me what happens to me the same because pressing continue the game closes. In my case the error is 0x0000013, I hope they fix this soon.
My friend had a similar issue, hoping this will be addressed completely or talked about. I feel like 343 won't provide support for these CPUs! But I want to make sure then!
i have found gameplay on youtube with i3, with i5 750 and fx6300 so only phenoms have problems not having sse4.1 instructions. as for graphics card anything from nvidia 6 series up and amd 7 series up. i am yet to find fx 4300, fx4100. i personally got a phenom II 965 and is a no go. i will sell it and get a fx 6300 or 4300 if it turns that it works.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4

• AMD Bulldozer-based processors and newer (SSE4a, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, POPCNT and LZCNT supported)
  • AMD Jaguar-based processors and newer (SSE4a, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, POPCNT and LZCNT supported)
  • AMD Piledriver-based processors and newer (SSE4a, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, POPCNT and LZCNT supported)
Intel
  • Intel Penryn processors (SSE4.1 supported)
  • Intel Nehalem processors and newer (SSE4.1, SSE4.2 and POPCNT supported)
  • Intel Silvermont processors (SSE4.1, SSE4.2 and POPCNT supported)
  • Intel Haswell processors and newer (SSE4.1, SSE4.2, POPCNT and LZCNT supported)
Basically, anyone on a Phenom including I is unable to play this game.

343 I understand the Phenom is fairly old, from around 2009-2010 depending on the model, but I feel its still worth supporting SSE3 instruction set. I am still able to play modern games like Fallout 4, the Battlefield 1 Beta, Doom, and Forza 6 Apex on my Phenom.
probably sse 4.1 helps them with the emulation from xbox.
While an interesting theory, I'm not sure what is emulated here as it is a PC port. I want to make it clear though that Turn 10's team has ported Forza to the PC market and with SSE3 Support. I understand and respect these are two separate studios with their own teams, but my point still stands.

I don't see what is so critical in Halo's optimization that SSE4.1 is mandatory. Someday I will upgrade to an i5 or i7 but for now, I am on what I am on, and that goes for many people beyond me. I understand its a free game and we're owed nothing but its just a shame as a long term Halo fan. I recently upgraded my graphics card as part of my long-term PC upgrade plan and was hoping to enjoy at least a slice, of the new Halo.

http://i.imgur.com/Y8XGbfR.png - My Forza right now, just to show I'm not blowing smoke ;)
same here all so have a Phenom
I find it to be lazy to just take the port how it is and just throw it on pc (looking at you original re4 port).
I was super excited only to find out the highest mine supported was 4a. I've never come across this problem for anything at all. I hope this isn't going to be a growing trend
I find it to be lazy to just take the port how it is and just throw it on pc (looking at you original re4 port).
I was super excited only to find out the highest mine supported was 4a. I've never come across this problem for anything at all. I hope this isn't going to be a growing trend
Sadly it will grow as a trend soon, a few games are beginning to have CPUs far beyond a Phenom as their minimum spec and I suspect this means they don't support SSE3 and that even if they did, performance cannot be promised to be very good. Its a nice little chip and a solid OCer but its time is coming to an end soon.

I would not worry too much, as AMD is releasing Zen soon within a few months, Q4 of 2016 to Q1-Q2 2017. They are promised to offer similar performance to current Intel CPUs but quite a bit cheaper (and thus a bit slower). I reckon this means Intel will finally feel pushed to set their prices lower as well. In short, while it is a shame; I do feel an affordable path into the future is soon. In-fact I feel its already here for people willing to buy older i5-i7 models or perhaps even used ones.
Sadly it will grow as a trend soon, a few games are beginning to have CPUs far beyond a Phenom as their minimum spec and I suspect this means they don't support SSE3 and that even if they did, performance cannot be promised to be very good. Its a nice little chip and a solid OCer but its time is coming to an end soon.

I would not worry too much, as AMD is releasing Zen soon within a few months, Q4 of 2016 to Q1-Q2 2017. They are promised to offer similar performance to current Intel CPUs but quite a bit cheaper (and thus a bit slower). I reckon this means Intel will finally feel pushed to set their prices lower as well. In short, while it is a shame; I do feel an affordable path into the future is soon. In-fact I feel its already here for people willing to buy older i5-i7 models or perhaps even used ones.
Tough luck to anyone who only upgraded their GPU (me included)
Same issue. Wanted to play this on my desktop as my laptop gets around .5 frames a second and is not an option. My desktop is built for running mid end games and I currently use it for rust, halo custom edition, and counter strike. The fact that I cannot run this game is very disappointing. I hope Microsoft resolves it soon.