Forums / Support / Halo 5: Forge Support

Game just crashes. No error codes or anything

OP Tenshidan41

That's it, I open the game, the black screen with the Halo logo appears and it closes and opens the Halo app.

I've already tried removing the Halo app.

This is the second time I install the game, last time it worked perfectly.
Ya it is still crashing for me also. Don't know if you ever played Halo 2 for the PC but it was also a very very bad port from Xbox to PC. So H5 is giving me the same felling about Halo 5 Forge for the PC. IMHO they should have fixed the crashing issues and other issues "BEFORE" they released this update. This is the crap we went thru with Halo 2. A very Bad Port!
I tried reinstalling, no luck
Same here. Came looking for a solution. Guess I am just getting 343i virtual nuts in my face instead.
i just got that problem too the game used to work before but now it wont even start and i have also redownloaded it from the windows store tried to run it blackscreen with halo pops up then closes with nothing to show why it did
I'm having issues too! :( It started when I was forging and playing around with the new scripted piano key sounds (was making a song so when you go into a zone/volume box it plays a different piano key note. But I was only at like 127/512 scripts so it should be able to handle it right? Now anytime I try to load up a forge map in my own files or bookmarks I get instantly kicked right before I spawn into the map, and it gives me a message on the screen with the red and black and the "You have been disconnected from the Halo 5 Guardians server". 343i please help if you can, thanks

Sincerely,
weeeemann
H5:F just crashes in the middle of 50%+ of the matches I've played (so far)... or sometimes when going to "leave game"... or sometimes just when forging a simple map. It's very unstable, now more than ever. Maybe they will fix it within months, maybe not. Don't hold your breath. It actually always crashed/closed randomly since day 1, it just did not seem this bad before the latest update.
H5:F just crashes in the middle of 50%+ of the matches I've played (so far)... or sometimes when going to "leave game"... or sometimes just when forging a simple map. It's very unstable, now more than ever. Maybe they will fix it within months, maybe not. Don't hold your breath. It actually always crashed/closed randomly since day 1, it just did not seem this bad before the latest update.
Also happens to me, lots of random crashes in the middle of the matches, game just crash to desktop, no error.