Forums / Support / Halo 5: Forge Support

Halo 5 Forge wont launch

OP Da Funkness

EDIT: After uninstalling the Halo App, Halo 5 Forge works perfectly. Once the app is installed nothing will load.

As of updating to the new October 2018 Windows 10 update I can't get Halo 5 Forge to launch at all. I've reinstalled the Halo and Halo 5 Forge apps from the app store. I've tried running forge without the Halo app open and Halo 5 Forge closes and opens up the Halo app. When I launch Halo 5 Forge from the Halo app it will open for a slit second and then crash.

I'm running
  • i3 8100
  • EVGA Z370 Classified
  • 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz
  • GTX 970 Strix
Halo 5 forge ran perfectly before the update to the latest version of Windows.
Have you tried any of the Windows 10 app options such as reset? In the Windows 10 settings.
Yes I have and nothing works. Every other app works but H5F.
if you uninstall the halo app that came bundled with it the game should launch, reinstalling the app causes the launch issues again
Also have the same issues here, I just realized the game keep crashing at the 'HALO' word after the October 2018 update.
Same exact problem here! My system meets minimum specs and the game generally has run well on my older hardware. October 2018 update rolls out without a hitch in my case, although heard others were having problems. Several days go by before I attempt to run H5F, in fact this was the first time I went to use my PC since the update was installed, when I discover the game doesn't launch. No matter what I do.

After several days of troubleshooting:
Reset App, Uninstalling Halo app alone, Uninstalling both Halo app + H5F then downloading and reinstalling both, rolling back windows to previous version, wiping system and doing fresh clean install with Win10 install .iso downloaded directly from Microsoft, updating geforce drivers, rolling back geforce drivers (went as far back as December 2017)
NONE OF THIS HAS WORKED

System Spec:
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 @ 4.1Ghz
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 2200Mhz
GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 660Ti-DC2O 2GB VRAM - Factory Clock Speeds
Storage: 1x ADATA 240GB SSD (System Drive), 1x Kingston 240GB SSD (VM Storage), 3x 1TB WD Black HDDs (Software RAID-0) (Storage)
Expansion Sound Card: Asus Xonar DGX (PCIe x1)
Internet Connection Stats: https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/d/ab6bd519-c6ce-452e-ba9d-1c860da6e2f2

H5F app has only ever been installed to the system drive and has never been moved to another volume.
got my game to work I uninstalled halo app and launched the game and it worked