Processor Count: 2
RAM Size: 12 GB
Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
Hard Drive Size: 1 TB
Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA
Graphics Card Description: AMD Radeon R7 M360 2GB
Graphics Card Ram Size: 2 GB
Original post:
Yeah, i know it would be better to get a desktop, but i need a laptop and the ability to play h5 forge is a bonus. My price limit is £500, currently found one decent one:
ASUS X556UA
Specs:
Screen Size: 15.6 inches
Screen Resolution: 1920x1080
Processor Type: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2500 MHz
RAM Size: 8 GB
Graphics RAM Type :DDR3 SDRAM
Graphics Card Interface: Integrated
Would it be able to run forge on minimum settings? if not does anyone have any suggestions (if it is possible for £500)
Unfortunately, with an integrated graphics card, your odds of running Halo 5 are, well, pretty much slim to none. The rest of the specs are ok, but by no means good enough for serious gaming. That laptop you have there is fine for day to day use, but it's far from a gaming machine.

Unless you're willing to shell out 3x the price, you're not likely to get a laptop that can run Halo 5 at all.
Hotrod192 wrote:
Unfortunately, with an integrated graphics card, your odds of running Halo 5 are, well, pretty much slim to none. The rest of the specs are ok, but by no means good enough for serious gaming. That laptop you have there is fine for day to day use, but it's far from a gaming machine.

Unless you're willing to shell out 3x the price, you're not likely to get a laptop that can run Halo 5 at all.
Yea, not looking for a gaming laptop, its just that the ability to play h5 would be a hige bonus
Hotrod192 wrote:
Unfortunately, with an integrated graphics card, your odds of running Halo 5 are, well, pretty much slim to none.

Unless you're willing to shell out 3x the price.
Okay, i found a better one, its for £50 more but im willing to pay the extra, i believe it has a dedicated graphics card, what do you think?:
Lenovo ideapad 500
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Maximum Display Resolution:1080p Full HD
Processor Brand :Intel
Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Narkeye wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
Unfortunately, with an integrated graphics card, your odds of running Halo 5 are, well, pretty much slim to none.

Unless you're willing to shell out 3x the price.
Okay, i found a better one, its for £50 more but im willing to pay the extra, i believe it has a dedicated graphics card, what do you think?:
Lenovo ideapad 500
Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Maximum Display Resolution:1080p Full HD
Processor Brand :Intel
Processor Type: Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
While that is a dedicated graphics card, it still unfortunately isn't powerful enough to run Halo 5. After a brief bit of research on it, the most it can do for some games is to run them on low, with many games being out of its reach even on lower settings. Halo 5, I think, will not be capable of being played on it.

Again, you'll be hard pressed to find a relatively inexpensive laptop that can play Halo 5 Forge decently.
i have a rather powerful gaming laptop and it barely runs forge.
I have an HP Power Pavilion 15t laptop.

You need a i5 with at least quad core, 8 or 16 gb of RAM I use 16, and at least 2 gigabytes of dedicated graphics. I have a 4gb 1050ti Nvidia card.

You can get it with AMD R7 graphics for 650 on HP or my specs for around 970
You absolutely will not find a laptop for £500 that can run Halo 5: Forge. Most solutions will have either integrated graphics or those that do have a dedicated GPU will always be on the extreme low end where no modern games will be playable. The 'updated' post regarding the M360, that GPU can't even run any modern game (Doom, Need for Speed, Tomb Raider) at even the lowest possible settings, getting less than 20fps (the Xbox Halo 5 runs at 60fps, OG Xbox and 360 Halo's ran at 30fps).

I'm sorry, if you need a laptop for education or work then go for it. If you are lucky, you may be able to play some much older games or far less demanding titles like Dota 2, TF2, Half Life 2 or the original Halo PC. But there is no way for the budget you're asking that you are going to be able to play Halo 5: Forge in any way, shape or form.

A desktop on the other hand, which I know you're not after, would be able to play it at around 30fps if you choose your parts right but since you're after a laptop, focus on work and education first then perhaps get a desktop later on.