Forums / Support / Halo 5: Forge Support

Sign-In required; Can't sign in.

OP YouBetterGOML

I can't play at at all. It prompts me to sign in, I sign into my XBL account that has gold, and it tells me "Sign-In required". It does this over and over again.
I have also tried other accounts and the same thing keeps happening.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Does anyone know how to resolve this?
I'm having a similar problem, i cant even click the sign in button. It just doesn't do anything.
I have the same issue, any fixes?
I just checked my firewalls, thats not the problem.
The issue has resolved itself somehow. Literally did nothing and now it works
You need to have the Xbox Windows App installed and signed into. If by any reason, you uninstalled the Windows Xbox App (like me) prior to downloading the Forge Bundle, the Halo app and Forge will be "broken" and won't even prompt you to log-in. Reinstalling the Windows Xbox App did it for me, I used this method to install it, as a regular install wouldn't let me log in to the Xbox App.

Quote:
(From Jessen P at: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/xbox-app-error-0x406/09dc12db-97ee-4907-89b8-3a2b7ebe1507)

Hi Dayne,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.
a: Press Windows key + X.
b: Then click Command Prompt(Admin)
c: Now type the following command and hit enter
Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
After a restart (signing out and back in didn't work for me) I entered the following command (again in a powershell in admin):
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

This will install any missing built-in apps you may have uninstalled.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.
Hope this helps someone, this solved it for me.
I actually found this solution earlier and forgot to post it! It works! Though i had to run it through powershell to get through.
I will try this now and see if this works, thanks for the info!
Still no luck, any more fixes? I can sign into the Halo app and Xbox app but not the Halo 5 Forge servers.
Nothing Is working for me does anybody have a solution.
Same issue. Please help.
gruntl0rd6 wrote:
Same issue. Please help.
Is Your account a child account?
You need to have the Xbox Windows App installed and signed into. If by any reason, you uninstalled the Windows Xbox App (like me) prior to downloading the Forge Bundle, the Halo app and Forge will be "broken" and won't even prompt you to log-in. Reinstalling the Windows Xbox App did it for me, I used this method to install it, as a regular install wouldn't let me log in to the Xbox App.
Quote:
(From Jessen P at: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/xbox-app-error-0x406/09dc12db-97ee-4907-89b8-3a2b7ebe1507)Hi Dayne,Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.a: Press Windows key + X.b: Then click Command Prompt(Admin)c: Now type the following command and hit enterGet-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackageGet-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage After a restart (signing out and back in didn't work for me) I entered the following command (again in a powershell in admin):Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}This will install any missing built-in apps you may have uninstalled.Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help.
Hope this helps someone, this solved it for me.
It Solved it for me if it dosn't work try removing store and xbox through power shell like above then start the game then reset and get the apps back
Still having this issue after trying the "Solutions". help
Still having this issue after trying the "Solutions". help
same
Hello, I, too, am having a similar problem.

So, I have Halo 5 forge (PC), my internet is working, the Xbox app is working, but...When I click enter to continue, it comes up with a screen saying for me to sign in with an Xbox Live Profile with a button that says okay, and under the okay button it says select. When I click either button, nothing happens. Please, please help!
I recently got a new computer build and have been hit with this issue. Nothing suggested has worked. I've uninstalled the Xbox and Windows Store Apps, booted the game, immediately restarted and reinstalled the apps to no avail. Every combination of signing in and/or out has not worked. Removing the Halo app does not help. Booting Halo 5 Forge directly from the Start Menu does not help.

How hard is it to make a damn program that properly reads your sign-in data? It literally Shows me signed in on the popped up menu, but still makes me choose an account, and choosing mine and then clicking "Let's Play" just gives me the stupid ever-looping "Sign in Required" error.

Help?
^^^^^^
you are not alone i have the same exact issue.
^^^^^^
you are not alone i have the same exact issue.
I had fixed my problem. I reinstalled windows 10 by doing a reset, then immediately downloaded H5 Forge again and it was fine. May be an issue with the Xbox App and uninstalling certain aspects of it but retains its functions. Think it's a dependency that H5F uses but isn't required for the Xbox App to function.