OP Zuper Dragon

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
Moderator edit:
This is a known issue and has been investigated by 343 and escalated to the team at Xbox. Looks like Xbox have identified the issue and are working to fix, just a matter of waiting for that to happen. Follow this topic to keep up to date, the latest information will be available on the last few pages

10/10/2017
Quote:
So far, the people on the thread have said that a Factory reset doesn't always work. It has worked for some.

I would expect the factory reset to only work for people who installed the game on the internal drive. If your problem exists on the external drive, I would think removing the drive attaching it to a PC and formatting it would be the equivalent.

I'm in communication with a couple people that have said they have factory reset their kit and still it the problem, and I need to work with them to get the details before pushing back to the Xbox people. If you are one of the people who have factory reset and it did not fix the issue, please direct message me so we can gather more info for the Xbox team.
6/10/2017
Hey all, sorry for not getting this in sooner. I followed up with some Xbox people, and it looks like the fix is in the alpha ring of the Microsoft Insider program. Maciorz is in it currently, but I believe that case is fixed through installing to a different hard drive. Is anyone else in the insider program in the alpha ring that can mess around with their failed install there? Please direct message me if you are interested in giving it a go, realize that you would be getting a Beta OS pushed to your box, which I can't say what it looks like or how it acts.
5/10/2017
Update time...

So the Xbox team believes they have a solution, but the bad news is that it has to come with a console update later this month. They didn't give me a timeline. They also didn't go into explaining to me what the root cause was.

In the meantime, it looks like many people on this forum are correct that you will either need to install to a different drive or revert/format the hard drive that is causing the problem. This solution is not ideal, and I can expect many to not want to do this. For those, Id suggest waiting for the update and check back. For those that can't wait, the painful flattening solution or installing to a different drive may be your best bet.

The steps they gave me were:
1, Attempt to retry the install from the Install Queue
2. Users still seeing a corruption error should try to uninstall/reinstall HW2
3. If you are still experiencing an issue and you have an external HDD, one of the below options should be attempted:
--Try to install to the external HDD
--Copy other games and apps to the external HDD, factory reset the console, and then reinstall HW2
4. If the game was installed to an external HDD, make room on the internal HDD by moving things from the internal to external that are already installed and try installing on the internal HDD.

What I am curious about, is if anyone on the insider program are experiencing this? Can they give us any information on whether their issue gets fixed when they get an update.
My xbox flat out refuses to install halo wars 2 after the colony update. I have tried every fix I could find here, xbox support, and Reddit. Nothing has worked. Hard reset, offline installation, clearing caches, I even went out and purchased a hard copy and that won't install. It's been 5 days now so surely if it was something on the developers end it would be fixed by now, my friend reports that his game works fine. This only affects halo wars, I have successfully installed other games with no problems. I am completely defeated and don't know where to turn.
Is it causing other issues with party functions, loading other games or anything like that? My friend and I have been having issues with the Xbox system, period, since trying to download the update.
I am having the same issue as well, uninstalled the game to hopefully just install the full package when it wouldn't install the update. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've been on Xbox support chat 3 times now trying.
Is it causing other issues with party functions, loading other games or anything like that? My friend and I have been having issues with the Xbox system, period, since trying to download the update.
No, all other xbox live services are unaffected. I simply cannot install halo wars 2.
I finally found a fix but it may make some you cringe. I had to do a full factory reset of my xbox deleting all saved data in order to install it again. If you have an external hard drive this won't affect any of your games, otherwise you'll have to download everything again. Games that save your progression on dedicated servers won't be affected but you'll still have to install the base game again and dlc.
I have the same problem. I've went though all the steps that the support team had given to me but still every time when I try to download the game it's like it doesn't even try and going straight to "installation stopped". I have even tryed getting it refunded and rebuying it still nothing
I have the same problem. I've went though all the steps that the support team had given to me but still every time when I try to download the game it's like it doesn't even try and going straight to "installation stopped". I have even tryed getting it refunded and rebuying it still nothing
Unfortunately, when the Xbox One fails to completely remove an application, this can happen. As mentioned above, resetting to factory default should fix the issue. I would recommend an external hard drive to move your other games to before doing this, so that you don't have to reinstall all of them.
Factory reset generally is not a favourable option and I don't know if this works when to problem occurs on an external HDD.

I have the same problem but on an external 4TB hdd that is full of games. Can delete the incomplete Halo Wars 2 13.3GB (approx) of the HDD but after a console restart the game is back there again. How to solve this?
Ariose999 wrote:
Factory reset generally is not a favourable option and I don't know if this works when to problem occurs on an external HDD.

I have the same problem but on an external 4TB hdd that is full of games. Can delete the incomplete Halo Wars 2 13.3GB (approx) of the HDD but after a console restart the game is back there again. How to solve this?
The best I can do is ask someone on the Xbox team what their recommended solution is, as we cannot control how the Xbox manages its file system. Ill ping back with what I hear.
That would be great! Thanks!
I'm having a similar problem. Ever since the last update my game installs to 8.92gbs then comes to a halt. Would really like to be able to play the game considering I spent a good amount of money on it.
I've got the same problem... halo wars 2 stops at 7.15 gigs. I've tried removing and reinstalling and it makes no difference.
Hi the halo 2 update has broken my game just stop I uninstall it and now installment stop come up iv uninstall and ever time I turn my Xbox of and back on the next day halo wars 2 is back on if 343 are looking plz fix your broke game I have tryed ever think
My halo wars 2 game stops instillation at28% I’ve tried uninstalling, reinstalling, hard resets leaving it uninstalled for days then trying again but every time it stops at 28% I’ve never seen anything like it
same here
Also reporting in with the same issues.

Purchased Awakening the Nightmare and cannot download it.

Stops at 9.65 GB of 41 GB. Removing the application hasn't gotten me anywhere either. Really hesitant to factory reset but if it's a guarantee fix then I suppose I will.

I'll wait til I hear something on here first before factory resetting.
Same issue here... I'm stopped at 9.53gb of 41.74... 24 hours I have tried all the same things with the exception of a factory, as suggested.

Is this a Halo Wars problem or a system problem? This is the only game to do this to me
My internal hard drive is full... external at 2/3 full... im going to see if i can fit everything on external then im going to try.
However this isnt a fix or an answee as to whats causing this.
My guess is the free movies in HD apps... anyone here have that? I have had my console act very strange from them.
HC Lasky wrote:
Also reporting in with the same issues.

Purchased Awakening the Nightmare and cannot download it.

Stops at 9.65 GB of 41 GB. Removing the application hasn't gotten me anywhere either. Really hesitant to factory reset but if it's a guarantee fix then I suppose I will.

I'll wait til I hear something on here first before factory resetting.
I can confirm it works having just did this. It got past that damn 22 percent mark.

Same issue here... I'm stopped at 9.53gb of 41.74... 24 hours I have tried all the same things with the exception of a factory, as suggested.

Is this a Halo Wars problem or a system problem? This is the only game to do this to me
My internal hard drive is full... external at 2/3 full... im going to see if i can fit everything on external then im going to try.
However this isnt a fix or an answee as to whats causing this.
My guess is the free movies in HD apps... anyone here have that? I have had my console act very strange from them.
I am afraid factory was the only thing that worked regarding the installation stopped issue and I tired everything to avoid doing it.
I was looking during transfer for an option to transfer saved game data and im not seeing that option. Only delete, and delete everywhere.
I was looking during transfer for an option to transfer saved game data and im not seeing that option. Only delete, and delete everywhere.
I tired the same with my external hard drive but to no avail. Same with moving it onto the Xbox's main hard drive.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22