3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 36
stckrboy wrote:
As has been mentioned a few times over the last 2 or 3 pages, this issue is in the hands of the Xbox team right now. There is literally nothing that can be done until they have resolved the issue and passed details back to 343. You can scream 'develop faster' but unfortunately that's now how these things work. Does it suck that it's not fixed? Of course it does. I'm sure everyone at 343 and CA want this fixed as fast as possible, but if it's a complex issue then it's going to take time.
No responses from 343 doesn't mean they don't care, just that haven't heard back yet. As was mentioned above, it doesn't make sense to keep posting every 2 hours that they're still waiting to hear back / no fix yet. All we can do is be patient and wait for updates
I do appreciate how quick yall have been to respond to these complaints.
Same problem, re-downloading to internal hdd doesnot working.
Guys, if you haven't tried installing the game onto your internal drive yet, I suggest you give it a shot. It worked for me and I've seen a couple others saying that it worked for them as well. While we wait to hear back from 343, why don't you stop griping and complaining and give this a shot. If it doesn't work, then oh well. At least it's worth a try right? The 343 guy is doing the best he can. If there's nothing to update us on what is he supposed to do? Say "Oh nothing new to report" every two hours? They're working on it alright? I trust that they are doing all that they can to fix this issue. They're no happier about it than you guys.
I've tried installing to internal drive and it didn't seem to work, but there is one thing I'm wondering. Did you use disc or digital? I think that might have something to do with why it's not working for me. I'm fine with waiting for a fix but I'm curious to see if I can figure this out.
Man I'm so eager to jump on Halo Wars 2........ Rather have waited another month for a glitch free dlc.. so least I could still relax n play some Halo wars 2
Still nothing? damn I can't open the game for 3 days now....it keeps askin me for a 2.9 mb update...
InfiniteKA wrote:
Still nothing? damn I can't open the game for 3 days now....it keeps askin me for a 2.9 mb update...
I've had this problem for about 10 days now
Update time...

So the Xbox team believes they have a solution, but the bad news is that it has to come with a console update later this month. They didn't give me a timeline. They also didn't go into explaining to me what the root cause was.

In the meantime, it looks like many people on this forum are correct that you will either need to install to a different drive or revert/format the hard drive that is causing the problem. This solution is not ideal, and I can expect many to not want to do this. For those, Id suggest waiting for the update and check back. For those that can't wait, the painful flattening solution or installing to a different drive may be your best bet.

The steps they gave me were:
1, Attempt to retry the install from the Install Queue
2. Users still seeing a corruption error should try to uninstall/reinstall HW2
3. If you are still experiencing an issue and you have an external HDD, one of the below options should be attempted:
--Try to install to the external HDD
--Copy other games and apps to the external HDD, factory reset the console, and then reinstall HW2
4. If the game was installed to an external HDD, make room on the internal HDD by moving things from the internal to external that are already installed and try installing on the internal HDD.

What I am curious about, is if anyone on the insider program are experiencing this? Can they give us any information on whether their issue gets fixed when they get an update.
Update time...

So the Xbox team believes they have a solution, but the bad news is that it has to come with a console update later this month. They didn't give me a timeline. They also didn't go into explaining to me what the root cause was.

In the meantime, it looks like many people on this forum are correct that you will either need to install to a different drive or revert/format the hard drive that is causing the problem. This solution is not ideal, and I can expect many to not want to do this. For those, Id suggest waiting for the update and check back. For those that can't wait, the painful flattening solution or installing to a different drive may be your best bet.

3. If you are still experiencing an issue and you have an external HDD, one of the below options should be attempted:
--Copy other games and apps to the external HDD, factory reset the console, and then reinstall HW2
4. If the game was installed to an external HDD, make room on the internal HDD by moving things from the internal to external that are already installed and try installing on the internal HDD.

What I am curious about, is if anyone on the insider program are experiencing this? Can they give us any information on whether their issue gets fixed when they get an update.
...this is extremely frustrating and Microsoft doesn't seem to be great with customer service because it's already been 10 days and now we have to wait potentially 3 more weeks to even have a solution that might not be a guarantee
Just going to throw this out there. You can play the game while offline, it's not exactly the same but at least you can play firefight and campaign. So it's not completely down.
Just going to throw this out there. You can play the game while offline, it's not exactly the same but at least you can play firefight and campaign. So it's not completely down.
Many of us can't play it at all,game won't install completely
Halo wars 2. Prompted a 2.9 MB update....it then began a reinstall of the entire 40GB game!! Why!!! Restarted the install at 1:00 am. It is now 2:17 PM. I'm at 75% finished.....please gods that be let nothing happen for the final stretch lol.
Were you blocked from installing before?
No, I just have a slow download, so anything beyond 10gb of downloading always takes 17-20 hours. The update finished around 6:00 pm that day. No issues since.
I’m in the preview/insider program and I am definitely having the same problem. That said, I’m pretty sure I’m not in the alpha group (that gets new stuff before everyone else) so I don’t know if more advanced builds would differ.
CoolKokiri wrote:
I’m in the preview/insider program and I am definitely having the same problem. That said, I’m pretty sure I’m not in the alpha group (that gets new stuff before everyone else) so I don’t know if more advanced builds would differ.
Ok, let us know if you get a build that fixes it, Im speculating that they will probably roll out the fix through the different insider groups. I do NOT have confirmation of this yet, but I'm trying to get it and a timeline.
CoolKokiri wrote:
Quote:
Ok, let us know if you get a build that fixes it, Im speculating that they will probably roll out the fix through the different insider groups. I do NOT have confirmation of this yet, but I'm trying to get it and a timeline.
not in alpha build but the build immedietly after and have had this problem about 1.5 months (guessing) everytime i turn on xbox it says about 10x update has stoppped. at about 10gb but i can ALWAYS still play the game.
Update time...

I'm on the insider program. No update yet. :( I have the digital deluxe edition. I think it's more of an xbox insider fault rather than 343. The update que is messed up sometimes, but for some reason the update from 343 messed it up. So I'll keep you updated. It was working fine like 3 days ago.
Ive been experiencing the issue where it asks for a 2.9MB update over and over again. I did buy Awakening the Nightmare and got to play it some this past Sunday. I had to wait due to midterms. Since then i cant play. I don't use an external hard drive. It's very frustrating. I've talked to Xbox support on past issues, but not this one. Don't have the time or energy. They frustrated me once before. I bought a 6 month gold subscription with a bonus free month. It didnt work, and I had to spend a long time with them to get it working for something I legally paid for that I had to spend hours proving. But no compensation. Probably won't get anything for this either. Customer service for Xbox needs to improve. I stuck with Xbox back during the launch of the Xbox One that a lot of fans abandoned them because of the controversies. But Xbox puts their customers through some headaches. Halo Wars 2 is so very much fun. But the many dropped matches that hurt rank, having to reinstall the game almost every month instead of just the update, leaders unplayable, and now this where a small update is prompted in a loop is really very incredbly frustrating and disappointing. Is it incompetency? Poor customer service? Something else? I don't have these issues with Mario Kart 8 online, Wii U, and that is a free service. I'm not trying to be mean or unreasonable. I understand there will be issues but why so many? I was wanting to play HW2 so much. It's probably the most fun game on Xbox. But can't. And a fix might not come til later this month? I think Xbox, 343, and CA need to make improvements if they want to maintain or grow their business. Xbox needs to focus on getting the basics right instead updating my dashboard with useless stuff like recommending a popular gamer. I do appreciate that you are with communicating your customers. That's a positive. Again Halo is a lot fun just a lot of issues. MCC was another one.
When I initially started having the issue with the 2.9MB update loop, I was not on an insider build.
This is now the third day that I haven’t been able to fully launch the game, and I am currently on the beta ring.
Same issue every time - start game, splash screen goes away, 2.9MB update. Do update, launch game, splash screen goes away, 2.9MB update. On the second or third try, the 2.9MB update suddenly becomes ~42GB.
Internal drive, external drive, internal drive with external removed, all ends the same way.
I have now installed the game I believe nine times with various combinations of hardware/software in the past three days.
hello guys.
I recently uninstalled HW2 and everything about it and I reinstalled again ... and right now is working perfectly fine ... like I'm in a match right now
i wont shoot the messenger . how do i get my money back law is on our side as service isnt being provided for what we paid for.
i wont shoot the messenger . how do i get my money back law is on our side as service isnt being provided for what we paid for.
That's something you would need to take up with the retailer you purchased from - so either the physical store or XBL / MS Support if your bought the game digitally.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 36