2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 24
Having same issue here and have no external hard drive. Can't see myself redownloading all my content again after a factory reset....hope this gets fixed on their side so customers can get on with enjoying their purchases.
Is anyone on a VPN where they could change the region they are requesting data from? A commonality I'm seeing in the reports is eastern US and Europe. If someone could spoof to the CDNs that they are in Western US and see if that solves the problem for them, it would help me give the Xbox team more info.
I'm in the western us and having the same problem as everyone else
can confirmed that i tried the fixes on page 13, am on the east coast in the us, and am still stuck in the 2.9mb update loop.
Huge Halo fan here, first off. I have had an issue for a week now where everytime I try to start Halo Wars 2 it says I need a 2.9 MB update, but when I tell it to update, it immediately finishes. I then try to start the game, but it tells me I need the same update. I have two xbox one's and I have this issue on both.
I've tried everything multiple times. Deleting everything off the xbox, removing my profile, even a complete factory reset with hard drive wipe. Xbox support was unable to help. I have no way to fix this or play my game.
This issue adds to the frustration I have been experiencing since learning that the "Ultimate Edition" I preordered was not so ultimate. If a season pass won't include all DLC, that should be stated. After sucking up the disappointment and paying $20 for a DLC that should have been included, now I cannot even play the game. I suspect this new issue is not 343's fault, but it is evidence of a growing neglect on Microsoft's part towards the xbox loyal fans.
Huge Halo fan here, first off. I have had an issue for a week now where everytime I try to start Halo Wars 2 it says I need a 2.9 MB update, but when I tell it to update, it immediately finishes. I then try to start the game, but it tells me I need the same update. I have two xbox one's and I have this issue on both.
I've tried everything multiple times. Deleting everything off the xbox, removing my profile, even a complete factory reset with hard drive wipe. Xbox support was unable to help. I have no way to fix this or play my game.
This issue adds to the frustration I have been experiencing since learning that the "Ultimate Edition" I preordered was not so ultimate. If a season pass won't include all DLC, that should be stated. After sucking up the disappointment and paying $20 for a DLC that should have been included, now I cannot even play the game. I suspect this new issue is not 343's fault, but it is evidence of a growing neglect on Microsoft's part towards the xbox loyal fans.
If you read a few posts back you'd see this is the issue the whole thread is about and 343 responded saying they contacted Microsoft and a fix should be coming in the next software update
If you read a few posts back you'd see this is the issue the whole thread is about and 343 responded saying they contacted Microsoft and a fix should be coming in the next software update
I didn't say my issue was new. I've read the updates. I thought a forum was a place where ideas and views are freely exchanged. I don't see how adding that another person (myself) has this issue hurts anyone.
Hey all, sorry for not getting this in sooner. I followed up with some Xbox people, and it looks like the fix is in the alpha ring of the Microsoft Insider program. Maciorz is in it currently, but I believe that case is fixed through installing to a different hard drive. Is anyone else in the insider program in the alpha ring that can mess around with their failed install there? Please direct message me if you are interested in giving it a go, realize that you would be getting a Beta OS pushed to your box, which I can't say what it looks like or how it acts.
I'm in the beta ring and just got a console update but it doesn't seem to change anything
Can I know when to fix this update bug? And for more than a week that goes on I spent almost €100 for I'm playing since it came out... hurry up please! 😤
Got my refund working on next step
Just want to play terminus firefight. Does this issue ever resolve itself or are people from may still getting the problem?

Petition to have xbox send me a gaming pc until this issue is fixed so I can has terminus firefight again!
Current situtation:
I had my HW2 on my external HDD to make loading faster, but after the update/patch it broke and stuck on reinstallation 24%. To fix HW2, I changed my default driver to internal and re-installed it back to my interal HDD and it went fine.

Did the newest system update fixed the issue?
- Partially. The update made the bad installation on my external HDD visable and I can delete it.
After I tried to move my HW2 from internal back to external HDD and it stopped at the same place/%/size.

Conclusion:
- Clearly a system file is keeping track of errors and that is preventing a bad game to be downloaded again to same drive as the error occurred.
If this tracker is keeping track of the bad update/patch ID or track something else I don't know, but HW2 might need to release a new update nowXbox have updated and se if it helps.

Did it fix the issue: No, atleast you can see the corrupt installtion on the drive and delete it.
Should you factory reset? If you don't mind all saves are gone from internal HDD (No, you can't move them, stupid feat.).
Should you play HW2 on the new drive while waiting for a fix? Totally up to you. If the loading time isn't bothering you. Keep playing on the new drive, if not, quit.

For me, I'm done troubleshooting this issue and move on. No point to get more frustration over this.
I don't understand how this issue got so big? Didn't the quality control check the update before it went live? Well I think I answered my own question there.
Anyone having an issue were it says you need an update and u update the game and then it says u need the same update again I just wanna play the game. Been having this issue since Monday.
Can I know when to fix this update bug? And for more than a week that goes on I spent almost €100 for I'm playing since it came out... hurry up please! 😤
If the fixes on P13 on this thread doesn't solve your problem, you will have to wait for an update from XL. At the moment, the update supposed to have fixed the bug hasn't worked for Insider members, so now we will have to play the waiting game.
I delete my game from my inside hdd and put it on the external one...

NOTHING, I still can't open my game cause that fake 2.9 mb update.. this is getting really serious and ridicolous,
How can u arrive to the point that your fanbase can't even open your game? :(
Wow, I can honestly say the way this issue is being handled is absolutely terrible. We shouldn't have to wait for a fix that locks us out of our games if they know what the fix is.
Wow, I can honestly say the way this issue is being handled is absolutely terrible. We shouldn't have to wait for a fix that locks us out of our games if they know what the fix is.
Did you even read anything on this thread?
I delete my game from my inside hdd and put it on the external one...

NOTHING, I still can't open my game cause that fake 2.9 mb update.. this is getting really serious and ridicolous,
How can u arrive to the point that your fanbase can't even open your game? :(
Absurd that in the 2009 Halo Wars (Bungie) went great with the Xbox 360 and now the Xbox One is ruining everything... shameful🤛👎👎👎👎
xepicw wrote:
Did you even read anything on this thread?
Probably not since the majority of people on this thread don't even bother reading anything else
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 24