2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 36
We believe this is an Xbox Live CDN problem (think of it as where you are getting your content from having a corrupt file), as with people flattening their boxes are having this issue repeat. I have escalated with the Xbox team to investigate and see if there is a corrupt file up there that is getting served to you. If this is the case, they will have to purge the failed copy or whatever is causing the corruption and repush the build that is working for everyone else.

To repeat, this is not a game issue, as the game is working for many, many people.
Thank you for the clarification, can you please let us know when it will or has been fixed please?
Yea, Ill let you know when I hear anything. Currently, they have given me a bunch of forms to fill out, so I'm putting all your names on it so they can investigate it.
Add my name to that list please
Is anyone on a VPN where they could change the region they are requesting data from? A commonality I'm seeing in the reports is eastern US and Europe. If someone could spoof to the CDNs that they are in Western US and see if that solves the problem for them, it would help me give the Xbox team more info.
Sorry no I'm not, though as the reports suggest I'm from Europe, specifically the UK if that helps at all.
Is anyone on a VPN where they could change the region they are requesting data from? A commonality I'm seeing in the reports is eastern US and Europe. If someone could spoof to the CDNs that they are in Western US and see if that solves the problem for them, it would help me give the Xbox team more info.
Sorry no I'm not, though as the reports suggest I'm from Europe, specifically the UK if that helps at all.
as am i
as am i
If anyone experiencing this is NOT in the Eastern US or Europe, please speak up.

It looks like the Xbox team is going to be checking the CDNs for corruption for these areas. If they find anything, they will recopy the build to it. Will post more when I hear it.
Hello. I will try to recapitulate my experiments.

1. My game was originally installed in an external HDD, it had been working fine and after some update it started failing as described (never passed beyond 8 GB and then failing with an error that means that something was corrupted).
2. I changed the settings to have the game installed to the internal HDD, and it worked. I had never installed anything else in to the internal HDD before. Never ever.
3. Then I tried using an external SSD. This SSD has the games I play more often and has a bunch of games in it, but had never installed Halo Wars 2 here before. So I gave it a try, and it worked too.

My hypothesis is that the game leaves some corrupt file that blocks any futher update or installation, as if there were "crumbs" left messing around.

P.S. Anyone working on fixing this issue, feel free to contact me.
They now have the trace to the files to look for corruption. I haven't seen anyone take action on it, its unknown when they will look at it.
Should we provide gamertags at least? Mine is maciorz if that's help and just to confirm I'm from Europe.
im also part of insider program it may be situation I'm getting build from soewhere else.
btw one off topic - I found "Tidal Unofficial" behaving same way, cannot pass full install process. Of course any other updates/ installation working well.
We believe this is an Xbox Live CDN problem (think of it as where you are getting your content from having a corrupt file), as with people flattening their boxes are having this issue repeat. I have escalated with the Xbox team to investigate and see if there is a corrupt file up there that is getting served to you. If this is the case, they will have to purge the failed copy or whatever is causing the corruption and repush the build that is working for everyone else.

To repeat, this is not a game issue, as the game is working for many, many people.
Thank you for the clarification, can you please let us know when it will or has been fixed please?
Yea, Ill let you know when I hear anything. Currently, they have given me a bunch of forms to fill out, so I'm putting all your names on it so they can investigate it.
Thank you
i cant install halo wars 2 on my xbox one if i will start the download there stay exactly at the same time download stopped and that. every time pls fix that
i cant install halo wars 2 on my xbox one if i will start the download there stay exactly at the same time download stopped and that. every time pls fix that
they're working on it, all of us in here are having the same issue
i guess they really did awaken a nightmare with this update. Pun intended
Did anybody of you tried to change region on X1 console? Maybe then we will connect to different DCN? Just an idea to confirm.
i have the prob too..
it always stop install
i come from Taiwan..
hope have the prob players.
will be able to play it soon

excuse me..my english is very bad.
hope everyone still understand what i said.
as am i
If anyone experiencing this is NOT in the Eastern US or Europe, please speak up.

It looks like the Xbox team is going to be checking the CDNs for corruption for these areas. If they find anything, they will recopy the build to it. Will post more when I hear it.
I am in Western US and still cannot access the game.
Getting a bit of a run around here, they said there was an issue that occurred yesterday, I had to reexplain that this has been occurring from AT LEAST 9/26.
Getting a bit of a run around here, they said there was an issue that occurred yesterday, I had to reexplain that this has been occurring from AT LEAST 9/26.
Just downloaded game from scratch 5th time to give a try. Same issue stopped on 20% 8.61GB from 41.74. The problem exists :(
maciorz wrote:
Just downloaded game from scratch 5th time to give a try. Same issue stopped on 20% 8.61GB from 41.74. The problem exists :(
Ty for attempting again, I don't think this problem will go away until they blast the content that is up and replace it with another copy.
Ok, they just blasted the content out at 11:58 PST, can someone who is stuck give it a try and report back?
Not yet for me, started after your last post. Will delete and start over again. Hope datacenters still syncing and we will get back proper files on them soon. Let's see need another 20 min ish.

BTW I'm from Europe Poland, and I'm xbox insider
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 36