OP Blackandfan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
1. What is the issue?
The game crashes after ordering a unit to gather supplies, the cause should be the newest windows updates (KB4532938 and KB4528760) as my pc which doesnt have those installed does not have that issue (I have tested that issue before installing the updates and it wasnt present on the device with the issue)
.2. What platform are you playing on?
Windows 10
CPU = Intel i5-7300HQ
GPU = GTX 1050 Ti (Mobile)
RAM = 16GB DDR4
Windows 10 Version = 1909
3. What's your gamertag?
Blackandfan
4. What region are you playing from?
Europe

343 Responses:

Quote:
15JAN, 1200: We're gonna pass this on to the team to look into and I'll be back with updates as I have them.
Quote:
15JAN, 1230: For those of you that are encountering this issue, we encourage you to submit a ticket on Halo Support. Please include the results of this query run via your Windows 10 machine's PowerShell. {See link/post for instructions}
Quote:
15JAN, 2100: Do not uninstall Windows safety and security updates to solve the issue, the updates are necessary to your PCs safety and security.
Quote:
16JAN, 0850: We have successfully reproduced the issue internally and are actively investigating the root cause and solution. No ETA at this time.
Quote:
17JAN, 0945: We're still actively working on this issue but in the meantime, as some of you have reported, it appears that using a controller plugged into your PC is a good workaround.If you experience a crash while using a controller, please file a new ticket at the Halo Support site so we can investigate more.
Quote:
21JAN, 1736: They believe they have identified a fix and are actively running test passes on a new build. The next step following that is to get the build into cert and published out. I don't have specific timelines but we are progressing on getting this issue resolved. As before, you can still play using a controller in the meantime.
Quote:
22JAN, 1747: It's been roughly 24 hours but we're still working on some final internal test passes. I don't have a concrete ETA or anything but we are getting closer to having a fix we can roll out to everyone. We appreciate the continued patience!
Quote:
23JAN, 1802: We pushed out a patch to **PC version only** that should resolve this issue.If you're on PC, please fully update both your PC and game and you should be good to go!If you are on PC and are not able to take on the update, please be sure you have the latest Windows updates installed.

If you continue to experience issues, please submit a new ticket via Halo Support.

Thank you for your patience while we worked through this issue, it was greatly appreciated!
Thanks for flagging and for all the info you provided.

We're gonna pass this on to the team to look into and I'll be back with updates as I have them.
Exactly the same issue immediately after the windows update. Also crashes during mission when unit ordered to attack.

Video Adapter EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition Gaming
CPU Type OctalCore Intel Core i9-9900K, 4900 MHz
Motherboard Name Asus ROG Strix Z390-F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX CMK16GX4M2B3000C15 2x8 GB DDR4-3000
Windows version:10.0.18362 Build 18362
Gamertag: Mobius4568

Tried resetting video and whole game but no luck.
For those of you that are encountering this issue, we encourage you to submit a ticket on Halo Support. Please include the results of this query run via your Windows 10 machine's PowerShell:

Quote:
Get-HotFix | Select-Object HotFixID,Description,InstalledBy,InstalledOn | FT -AutoSize
To open PowerShell:

• Press WIN+X
  • Select Windows PowerShell from the navigation menu
  • Input the command and press Enter
well, i reinstalled the game to see if that would fix anything and... it didn't jaja

i open the game, start a match agianst the AI to test and as soon as i target resource crate with my marines, the game freezes and shuts down.
i'll just submit a ticket i guess
Same here. Rip

CPU: Ryzen 2700x
GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 SSC
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: 256 GB SSD
Windows 10 Pro 1903
Gamertag: xandy92
yes same. pls fix fast I want play video game
Ticket submitted with Dxdiag report attached.
Hello! So i have also encountered the issue momentarily but was able to play while still being able to issue commands to units, attack bases, gather resources and win/lose the game without either crashing or freezing the game.

I have a Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop
Version 1909
Windows 10
64-bit operating system
Intel Core i5 CPU 2.50GHz

Gamertag:
JollySine
It happened for me after the following KB's were installed today:
KB4532936 Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 1/16/2020 12:00:00 AM
KB4534293 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 1/16/2020 12:00:00 AM

I also submitted a ticket with the hardware / software / hotfix details
It looks like it is the Accum Update KB4528760 which I uninstalled and the game ran fine. I did uninstall KB4528760 prior to that which was the .Net Framework update and it still crashed.

01/16/2020 10:40am EST: It looks like it is the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 KB4528760 which I uninstalled and the game ran fine. I did uninstall KB4528760 prior to that which was the .Net Framework update and it still crashed. I updated my ticket with Support on this as well.
(FIXED)For some reason after updating your windows will cause this to happen. i just downloaded the game and did the usual update driver, reinstall and nothing but after uninstalling 2 of the 3 patches that was added to windows the game stooped crashing. you wont be able toy uninstall one file due to it being a security updated for your PC.
I just bought this game last night and was downloading it over night just to be met by this.
Do you think this will be fixed tonight?
I just bought this game last night and was downloading it over night just to be met by this.
Do you think this will be fixed tonight?
Of course it'll be fixed. But this type of fix will probably take a few days (Like the servers...) but I'd rather have my info safe then play a game for a few days.
(FIXED)For some reason after updating your windows will cause this to happen. i just downloaded the game and did the usual update driver, reinstall and nothing but after uninstalling 2 of the 3 patches that was added to windows the game stooped crashing. you wont be able toy uninstall one file due to it being a security updated for your PC.
I would advise against uninstalling any updates provided via Windows Update, as you would be compromising the security and stability of your machine. I'm sure the issue will be resolved in the next few days
This should go without saying but please do not uninstall any security updates that were installed by Windows 10 as they are necessary to, well, keep your PC safe and secure.
Same here, very frustrating. Reinstalled Windows 10 all drivers and the game, still have same issues. As soon you send troops to collect items, it crashes at the moment you point at the energy tanks on the field. Happens all the time....
I Also have the same problem, Lately I have seen a lot of people disconnecting from multiplayer matches at the start of the game, and now I know why, because now I have the same problem to. when i try to get supplies it crashes, never used to happen to me until the latest Windows update.
I Also have the same problem, Lately I have seen a lot of people disconnecting from multiplayer matches at the start of the game, and now I know why, because now I have the same problem to. when i try to get supplies it crashes, never used to happen to me until the latest Windows update.
This particular problem only began on the 14th late in the day. I think people might be dodging too much or they have some other type of problems (which I think leavers are the biggest problem for that issue since dodging in video games is such a common thing for the average gamer) but past 2 days is mostly from windows security update.
Louisss70 wrote:
This particular problem only began on the 14th late in the day. I think people might be dodging too much or they have some other type of problems (which I think leavers are the biggest problem for that issue since dodging in video games is such a common thing for the average gamer) but past 2 days is mostly from windows security update.
you're probably right, it's been happening to me so often its really frustrating, I had 4 games in a roll were all my teammates left, and they're all different people, I keep losing because of that, I know I sometimes crash in the middle of the game or start of the game, but very rarely does that, only time I've crashed a lot is now with the gather supplies crash glitch. I know I'm a low-ranked because I just got the game not too long ago, about a week ago, but I'm not that bad, I played a lot of Halo Wars 1 on Steam 266 hours of play time, I see all sorts of ranks leaving, low medium and high, the only multiplayer game mode I've played so far is the 3v3 against the heroic AI a little over 30 games. and about 8 of those games all my teammates left. but anyway thanks for the response.
Just bought the game too, was having a panic attack because I thought it was my PC ^^'

HotFixID Description InstalledBy InstalledOn
-------- ----------- ----------- -----------
KB4532938 Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 16/01/2020 00:00:00
KB4498523 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 16/06/2019 00:00:00
KB4503308 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 16/06/2019 00:00:00
KB4508433 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 13/08/2019 00:00:00
KB4509096 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 09/07/2019 00:00:00
KB4515383 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 11/09/2019 00:00:00
KB4516115 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 12/09/2019 00:00:00
KB4521863 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 09/10/2019 00:00:00
KB4523786 Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 24/10/2019 00:00:00
KB4524569 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 12/11/2019 00:00:00
KB4528759 Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 16/01/2020 00:00:00
KB4528760 Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM 16/01/2020 00:00:00

Cannot find the ticket thing for the Halo Wars series, only MCC and Halo REACH, so may as well submit the results of the command here. Might help, might not.

Hope it gets sorted soon, looking forward to being thrashed by you all!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9