2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 34
Yeah i've thought that for a while that maybe Xbox is the problem, sadly i don't have a PC good enough to be able run Halo Wars 2 so i haven't been able to give that a try yet. Was this the first week you tried getting the achievement on PC?
No, this was not my first week of playing HW2 on the PC. I switched over to the PC few weeks ago (not sure if this was the 4th week of playing on PC).

I looked at lots of comments in this thread and no one mentioned having issues with the PC version, that's why I thought about trying to get the achievement on the PC.
Based on the recent posts, sounds like I should jump back in and try to get the short and long term commitment cheevos.
After a week of doing daily challenges, still no pop for short term commitment.
Short term commitment and long term commitment achievement's are not popping for me
Yeah i've thought that for a while that maybe Xbox is the problem, sadly i don't have a PC good enough to be able run Halo Wars 2 so i haven't been able to give that a try yet. Was this the first week you tried getting the achievement on PC?
No, this was not my first week of playing HW2 on the PC. I switched over to the PC few weeks ago (not sure if this was the 4th week of playing on PC).
I looked at lots of comments in this thread and no one mentioned having issues with the PC version, that's why I thought about trying to get the achievement on the PC.
Thanks for the update it looks like people might have to do 4 weeks worth of Long Term Commitment challenges on PC to get this to unlock reliably. I just completed my 31st week of trying on Xbox and still nothing.
1. On Xbox One
2. Survivor, Walled In, Pristine, Turret Farmer, High Maintenance, Ka-ching, and Outflood the Flood for the Awakening the Nightmare DLC
3. I met the criteria for all of these achievements and tried obtaining them for months but they won't unlock. The issue started since the AtN DLC came out and it's only been with those seven achievements.
If your game randomly resets, try to delete your local saved data. When you load up the game next time, it'll synchronize with the cloud data and should update correctly. Fixed the issue with Short term commitment and Long term commitment for me on Xbox One.
If your game randomly resets, try to delete your local saved data. When you load up the game next time, it'll synchronize with the cloud data and should update correctly. Fixed the issue with Short term commitment and Long term commitment for me on Xbox One.
After 32 weeks of trying without success i used this method & the achievement finally popped today!!!!!!!!!!

This could be random luck but considering i've also had issues with the game randomly deleting saved data & forgetting which dlc packs i own i'm more inclined to believe that deleting your local saved data before you boot up the game and redownloading it from the servers fixes the problem, thanks for posting this work around OdinAsteroid.
A big thanks to everybody who has helped me trying to fix my issue with the Long Term Commitment achievement.

If anybody else is stuck then i'd recommend deleting your local saved data for the game before you try each week & after a few weeks it should hopefully pop. If this works for anybody else then please also post on this thread so we can spread the word to everybody else so no one has to suffer with this glitched achievement.
Wohoo! Party everywhere =) Just commented on your reply to my solution on TA. Glad you got it!

For the ppl still trying: Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
I tried deleting my local save and the achievement still refuses to unlock. Really annoying, since the short and long term achievements are the only ones i'm missing.
1. Xbox 1
2. Long-term commitment and the full story.
3. I have collected all the main campaign phoenix logs but it hasn't given me the achievement. And I've done a weekly challenge 5 weeks in a row now but still no achievement for that either
1. Xbox 1
2. Long-term commitment and the full story.
3. I have collected all the main campaign phoenix logs but it hasn't given me the achievement. And I've done a weekly challenge 5 weeks in a row now but still no achievement for that either.
Posted on wrong account beforehand. Needed on this one
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
1. Xbox one

2. Long term commitment

3. I’ve complete 5 weeks in a row now, and still it has not unlocked. I usually do multiple weekly each set just to be sure. This is the only one that has been giving problems, with even short term unlocking right away. I’ve been noticing sometimes matches do not count towards the ‘complete X number of certain leader’ challenges after accumulating 1-2 with a certain game type and I have to switch game types to get them to start counting for totals again. With each weekly challenge, once they’re met, I’ve always gotten the card packs and experience, however.
Tried the delete save game data method, but it didn’t work either.
Short term commitment and long term commitment achievement's are still not popping for me.

Playing on Xbox One X.

Tried all the usual work arounds, but still nothing.
Just to be clear for the Long Term Commitment achievement you'd have to do the delete save data trick before you play for 4 weeks in a row for it to work. It didn't work for me first time even tho i'd tried normally for over 30 weeks in a row previously.
1. A Lot Extra

2. Xbox One

3. I am beyond frustrated with this. Achievement stuck at 97% for like a year (so one missing objective, original campaign), even though the game said I had them all. So, I finally decide to delete my saved data and try that route. Delete it all, then the game shows my one missing objective to be on mission One Three Zero. Easy peasy right? Wrong. Complete the mission objective, no achievement pop.

Delete my saved data AGAIN, this time from the console AND xbl. Deleted the reserved space too. I even hard reset my Xbox after doing so. I then boot up the game, and it shows the same missing objective on the same mission. So, that previous completion didn’t even register. I do the mission AGAIN (easy, no skulls), complete all the optional & bonus objectives, didn't skip any cutscenes, get to the mission complete screen showing all objectives completed, hit continue to go to the next mission, watched the opening cutscenes, and then hit “resign”.

Still no achievement, still stuck at 97%.

I did notice that for the mission complete screen, it showed my rank as 1, but in the main menu it was back to normal.

What’s up with this?! Am I supposed to keep deleting my saved data and doing the mission until it registers? I want to 100% this game, but this stupid glitch is taking the fun out of it. I stopped trying to 100% it last year, and until I can get this one stupid achievement, I’m not gonna to try again.

Any solutions?!
Just to confirm...is the delete save method supposed to be only at the start of another ‘4 weeks in a row’ run, or after each week before starting he proceeding week? I reset 2-3 weeks ago and am up to 8 in a row overall with nothing yet.
Daytona396 wrote:
Just to confirm...is the delete save method supposed to be only at the start of another ‘4 weeks in a row’ run, or after each week before starting he proceeding week? I reset 2-3 weeks ago and am up to 8 in a row overall with nothing yet.
It has to be done after every time you play. So for example if you did all your weekly challenges in one session on the 1st of May then you would delete your save ready for the new 8th of May challenges. On the 8th of May after finishing all you weekly challenges for the 2nd week in a row you would then delete your save again ready for the 15th of May which would be the 3rd week etc.

If you don't do all your weekly challenges in one session i would delete your save before you go back to finish them off just to be safe.

Basically every single time you load up Halo Wars 2 you should have no save data for the game on your console and you should download it when the game syncs the saves with the server. Hope that clears up any confusion because it looks like you've wasted 8 weeks trying it the wrong way. :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 28
  4. 29
  5. 30
  6. 31
  7. 32
  8. ...
  9. 34