Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Achievement Problems? Details please!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 35
Im playing on Xbox One and achievements for completed missions are not unlocking.I got achievment for tutorial and first mission and then i didn't get for second mission.I finished second mission again and then i got cheevo.But now i finished missions 3 and 4 one time and again didn't get achievements for them.
1. Xbox One
2. I'm not getting achievements for missions that I have completed, my progress for other achievements also stopped progressing
3. I started playing the game yesterday and everything was working fine, as soon as I signed in today my campaign progress was lost and no achievements have unlocked
First, I just want to say that I am huge fan of the entire Halo franchise, and I've put hundreds of hours into the every game in the series. That being said, Halo Wars 2 is by far the MOST annoying of all of them so far about unlocking achievements. I'm playing on a digital copy of the game on my Xbox One. Let's start from the top:

When I first played through the campaign, I got all of the story achievements up to Hold The Line. Everything after that didn't unlock on my first playthrough. So, I decided to play through again to see if it was just a bug. I did, and the rest of the achievements unlocked just like they were supposed to, so I didn't give it much thought.

My next playthrough, I went after the bonus objectives, skulls, and campaign logs. Not too bad, except for the bonus objective where you have to kill 10 enemies with the light bridge. It was AWFUL. I got all of the achievements to unlock, except for the 100% completion achievements for the skulls and bonus objectives. The bonus objectives say that I have 82%, and the skulls say I have 60%, even though I have them all.

I am now playing through on Legendary, and even though I have completed several bonus objectives, the progress bar hasn't budged.

On to Skirmish/Multiplayer, I have noticed that, on several occasions, I will be playing, checking my achievement progress as I go, and suddenly I will stop accruing progess. On ANYTHING. the only solution I have found, which works occasionally, is to quit the game, sign out of my profile, then start the game back up. I still lose any progress I've made since then, but I will usually begin seeing a change in my progress after that.

To sum things up, this game is a lot of fun to play, but the lack of consistency on the achievements leaves you with a sour taste.
Umbringen wrote:
First, I just want to say that I am huge fan of the entire Halo franchise, and I've put hundreds of hours into the every game in the series. That being said, Halo Wars 2 is by far the MOST annoying of all of them so far about unlocking achievements. I'm playing on a digital copy of the game on my Xbox One. Let's start from the top:

When I first played through the campaign, I got all of the story achievements up to Hold The Line. Everything after that didn't unlock on my first playthrough. So, I decided to play through again to see if it was just a bug. I did, and the rest of the achievements unlocked just like they were supposed to, so I didn't give it much thought.

My next playthrough, I went after the bonus objectives, skulls, and campaign logs. Not too bad, except for the bonus objective where you have to kill 10 enemies with the light bridge. It was AWFUL. I got all of the achievements to unlock, except for the 100% completion achievements for the skulls and bonus objectives. The bonus objectives say that I have 82%, and the skulls say I have 60%, even though I have them all.

I am now playing through on Legendary, and even though I have completed several bonus objectives, the progress bar hasn't budged.

On to Skirmish/Multiplayer, I have noticed that, on several occasions, I will be playing, checking my achievement progress as I go, and suddenly I will stop accruing progess. On ANYTHING. the only solution I have found, which works occasionally, is to quit the game, sign out of my profile, then start the game back up. I still lose any progress I've made since then, but I will usually begin seeing a change in my progress after that.

To sum things up, this game is a lot of fun to play, but the lack of consistency on the achievements leaves you with a sour taste.
Basically the same story for me man. Very buggy achievement unlocks. It's horrible seeing them stuck at 90% knowing there's nothing you can do! I'm hoping for a fix soon, it's really dampening my desire to pursue more achievements.
1) Xbox One
2) A Lot Extra/Short term commitment
3) Ok, I have every achievement in the game except these two, but I have fulfilled the requirements several times for both. A Lot Extra is stuck at 97% and before my campaign progress was deleted, it stated I did every bonus objective on every mission. I had the exact same problem with Palmer's Pure Gold, and I had to go through the entire campaign up until mission 7 for it to finally unlock. I did the same for the bonus objectives twice to no avail. As for short term commitment, I went on a streak of 20 days getting all the daily challenges and no achievement. Another weird thing is my challenges sometimes reset every 48 hours instead of 24 which is extremely aggravating. I love this game but not having the achievements even though I fulfilled the requirements multiple times is killing it for me. Thanks for looking into it!
Playing on Xbox One, I finished HW2 campaign on Legendary Solo but neither the Legendary no Heroic achievements unlocked. I had completed it already on normal difficulty before and did get that achievement.

My service record and the individual missions themselves all confirm I have completed every mission on Legendary so I know I met the criteria. I hope this can be resolved soon.

could it be possible that because I saved halfway through a mission and continued it on a different day that a bug in the game somehow doesn't make it count when I do this? This is the only explanation I can think of that would slightly make sense.
Playing in Xbox. Achievements stopped unlocking in the campaign. The Cartographer mission was the first with no achievement and no achievements have unlocked since. Should have three more mission completion achievements and half the skulls achievement, but they did not unlocked.
Hi, i have completed all bonus objectives, just after losing all my progress for the campaign. So i had to do every mission again. I only play on xbox one, only one profile is on it, and haven't had other profile on the xbox one. My tracker is stuck on 82%, i did in a couple of missions use the " restart from checkpoint in the mission" but that shouldn't matter. On my mission select screen you can see that all missions have had their bonus objectives have been met. Also beat a mission on legendary with all skulls on every silver ones, no achievement, i did was mission 2 for that.

Help please
@KNIGHTFOXX

Put all skulls on, every single one. All 13 or 15, can't remember exact number of skulls and complete the mission on legendary. The achievement is for all skulls, not just the good or bad skulls. This should hopefully help with that achievement.
1. Xbox 1

2. Palmers Pure Gold, A lot extra, Collecting a dream, The war is over, Sentinel size matters, and Last stop this town.

3. During my initial play through I got all the skulls, mission logs, and bonus objectives. Got the mission log achievement and half way achievement for the skulls then it just stopped tracking. All stats are up to date on mission select page and skull select says I have them all.
Hi guys,

Similar story to above:
1) Xbox one
2) collecting a dream 93%, Palmers pure gold 90% and a lot extra 85%. Service record states I have all 15 skulls, mission select shows gold for all and all bonus and optional objectives are complete
3) I have tried soft reset, hard reset, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Not sure what else to try but it's extremely frustrating, so any help would be appreciated!
Update: I now have the gold medal achievement, and the achievement for bonus objectives is up to 88%, but I just completed the game on Legendary, and sat there dumbfounded when the achievement didn't unlock. I just did all of that solo, and now I have to do it AGAIN?! This game is broken.

Additionally, I don't know if this is supposed to be like this, but the short-term and long-term achievements are not showing any progress, even though I have completed at least 2 daily challenges for the past 4 days. I'll post another update later.

I'm down to 9 achievements left, and I'm having to fight like my life depends on it to get ANY progress.
Playing on Xbox One - Gamertag is RedDevil9487

A Lot Extra(stuck at 91%), Collecting A Dream(stuck at 93%)

I have now completed all bonus objectives and picked up all skulls twice and the tracker isnt budging. Tracker also isnt moving at all for other achievements such as - completing campaign on heroic/legendary and for constructing all brute units. I hadnt played the game for about 2 months (had no problem back then) but started playing again for past 4-5 days and achievements are temperamental as hell now. Is this all to do with a recent update? Cmon 343! Get this fixed ASAP please or im done with this game. Was really looking forward to Awakening the Nightmare, but wont bother if this isnt fixed real soon.
1. Xbox One
2. A Lot Extra achievement stuck at 97% and the one for collecting all the skulls. 86%
3. you can check my profile but i have t he lone wolf achievement which i need all the skulls for.
-Also i have notice that if you dont close the app after turning off the xbox, the tracking does not work, so this could be an issue with the xbox software and dashboard rather than the game itself
1. Which platform are you playing on? Xbox One
2. Which Achievement(s) are not unlocking for you but should be?
Several. Learn the ropes, Dominated, Guerilla tactics, Stirring the pot, All travel is suspended, Behind enemy lines, The setup.
3. Any additional info you can provide - have you fully met the criteria for this achievement(s)? Yes. Have you tried more than once to get it to work? Yes, for some. When did this issue arise? In the first time i played the game, on the basic tutorial.
1. Xbox one
2. Short term commitment and long term commitment ( daily and weekly challenges )
3. Have fully met the criteria mutliple times for both but havent unlocked the achievements
1. Which platform are you playing on?
Xbox One
Half way through the campaign the achievement just stopped unlocking.
Any additional info you can provide - have you fully met the criteria for this achievement(s)? Yes.
Have you tried more than once to get it to work? Yes, to many time now :(
When did this issue arise? Half way through the campaign.
1. Which platform are you playing on?
Xbox One

The hard fight and Surviving the long war

3. Any additional info you can provide - have you fully met the criteria for this achievement(s)? Have you tried more than once to get it to work? When did this issue arise?
I have played each mission of the campaign and have beaten them all on Legendary. I have replayed some of the levels to see if that triggers it when beating it again on Legendary. All completion status shows as "Legendary" complete on every mission but neither of these achievements have fired.
The hard fight is tracking at 91% and Surviving the long war is tracking at 87% I have no idea which missions I would need to replay AGAIN to increase this progress and ideally don't want to run through all the missions again to test for it still not to progress.
I'm hoping The new update today fixes this achievement issue. Light up this forum if your achievements start popping!
June 28 patch does not help. It restored my progress lost from corrupted status using waypoint data as promised. But achievements don't match what I've completed. I played through a level hitting bonus and optional objectives and that didn't help. And to make it worse, the skulls are all missing and I can't unlock them again because I already show completion of the optional objectives.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 35