Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Achievement Problems? Details please!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 35
Yes I can also say that no achievements popped for me either with this update. I don't know what to do since all skulls are unlocked, rendering the "Skull Unlocked" text to appear on my screen, even if I get it. 343 can we get an update on this? Really want these to unlock...thanks again for looking into this issue, we believe in you!
Same here. The patch today didn't do anything for me. Really frustrating. How could this still be broken?
ske7ch wrote:
Hey everyone - I know the team is looking into one or two issues re: Achievements not unlocking when they should but from looking around the forums it seems pretty inconsistent in terms of what's working and what's not for different people.

To help our team with their investigation can you please provide some additional info for us? Specifically:

1. Which platform are you playing on? Xbox One or Win10? (or both)
2. Which Achievement(s) are not unlocking for you but should be?
3. Any additional info you can provide - have you fully met the criteria for this achievement(s)? Have you tried more than once to get it to work? When did this issue arise?

thank you!
What's the latest here?

1.) Xbox One
2.) Collecting a Dream and nearly complete with Palmer's Gold but the tracker isn't updating
3.) I noticed this started with the very large update (the last major one, not the one today 6/28)
I have a glitch that isn't really a problem ,but might lead to one.My Phoenix Logs say I have 4294967174 unread. I put this in achievements because some of them are achievements and lead to achievements.
ONEMSFT wrote:
June 28 patch does not help. It restored my progress lost from corrupted status using waypoint data as promised. But achievements don't match what I've completed. I played through a level hitting bonus and optional objectives and that didn't help. And to make it worse, the skulls are all missing and I can't unlock them again because I already show completion of the optional objectives.
Absolutely great........not! Im done with this game. Achievements not unlocking are doing my head in.
  1. Xbox One
  2. The Full Story
  3. Was showing progress before, now shows 0 progress.
Xbox One

1. <ul class="row row-3 achievement--list achievements--xboxone"><li data-achievement-id="27" data-achievement-unlockdate="26" data-achievement-progress="3" data-achievement-gamerscore="0">SURVIVING THE LONG WAR / THE HARD FIGHT / THIS WAR IS OVER
<ul class="row row-3 achievement--list achievements--xboxone"><li data-achievement-id="30" data-achievement-unlockdate="28" data-achievement-progress="5" data-achievement-gamerscore="2">LONE WOLF
[/li][/list]<ul class="row row-3 achievement--list achievements--xboxone show-all"><li data-achievement-id="36" data-achievement-unlockdate="32" data-achievement-progress="9" data-achievement-gamerscore="5">COLLECTING A DREAM / MORBID CURIOSITIES

[/li]<li data-achievement-id="36" data-achievement-unlockdate="32" data-achievement-progress="9" data-achievement-gamerscore="5">BEHIND ENEMY LINES[/li][/list][/li][/list]
for the skulls I new I have them all but in game ( to active skull in mach) only one is left.

also most of my gold medals do not reflect in my service records,

for some reason one mission show not completed, maybe that is related to my campaign completion achievements

thanks in advance for this !
Playing on: xbox one
Achievements not unlocking: The full story, collecting a dream, A lot extra.
Notes: This all got messed up on the previous version when campaign progression got lost. Progression has not been restored however achivements aren't unlocking even for the ones that show up as done and skulls do not register as unlocked in the mission end screen or mission selection scree however i still have full accessibility to them in the menu. Even when redoing the requirements to unlock skulls again they do not unlock. After this resent patch which restored lost campaign progression skulls are still glitched as well as achivements altho they seem to be unlocking normally now on other/new achivements. Another example with my situation, the The full story achivement should be unlocked after the update and my progression came back waypoint said i was still missing one and the game did too so i went and got the specific log it even registered in game i did so but alas, still no achievement.
  • Platform-Xbox One
  • Achievements:The Hard Fight, Surviving the long war
  • I have only completed the campaign on Legendary solo once for obvious reasons. My friend tells me that its apparently got something to do with backing out of the campaign and returning to it later.
Currently approaching three weeks of doing one or two dailies every day in a row and i still do not have short term commitment, the buggest achievement so far. Im on the Xbox one.
1 - Xbox One

2 - "A lot extra", it's at 91% even though I have all bonus objectives
- "Palmers pure gold", at 90% even though I have gold in all missions
- "Lone Wolf", completed final mission with all skulls on, no achievement

3 - Friend also has had trouble with a lot extra and palmers pure gold
@Neil

ensure you have all 15skulls and legendary turned on.
Howdy, I posted earlier about having an issue with receiving the achievements "A lot extra" stuck at 97% and "Collecting a dream" stuck at 93%. Originally I believed it had to do with the connection to the server and leaving the game open while shutting down the Xbox. I still believe this to be the issue that caused this problem. However, I now have a new problem. I decided to try to delete my save file, both local and cloud, and see if I could re-play through the campaign and earn the achievements again. When I hit the delete button and opened the game again, to my surprise, EDIT: *my multiplayer level had dropped from 17 back to 11* My multiplayer level is back to 17 after resetting the game. Also, the campaign was still all open. All missions were beat on Legendary by myself, all but 1 mission had gold medal (prior to deletion I had all gold medals). All missions bonus objectives and optional objectives show done. It shows that I have 0 skulls, however, when I press 'Y' to select skulls, I can select all of them (I had all skulls prior to pressing delete). Also, like somebody else earlier in the post, my Phoenix Logs say "Unread (4294967172)".

So, it appears that I cannot receive a skull even if I want to because all the missions have been completed and show that I have earned the skull. I also believe that the reason I cannot replay the campaign back from the beginning might be due to the patch that was just released. I believe the game is giving me the progress I had prior to Johnson dropping when all this was caused.

EDIT: *For anybody reading, it appears that deleting the saved files both locally and on cloud no longer work for the achievement.* See my post below, it appeared to work for "A Lot Extra"

@Ske7ch, I don't believe it was stated, but I assume the recent patch was intended to resolve these issues. Now I am not a true coder and have no idea how the achievements are supposed to read for completion. However, it appears that there is a flaw in Halo Wars 2 where once you have earned a skull, you are unable to re-earn it. If you could re-earn the skull the achievement would probably have no issues popping. But because the skull can apparently only be earned once, it appears that this problem has come to life.

I hope y'all are able to resolve this relatively quick as I am an avid halo achievement collector and would love to have these 2 achievements knocked out. Thanks!
Update from what I just posted:

I went back and played "From the Deep" (I knew this mission was messed up and was certain my bonus objective had not counted) and "Lights out" (I was fairly certain). After completing the mission on Easy with all Objectives (Primary, Optional, and Bonus) completed. As soon as the mission ended my achievement for "A Lot Extra" popped. It does appear that resetting your Xbox and cloud save for Halo Wars 2 allows you to earn that achievement. However, I still cannot earn any additional skulls and am still lacking the "Dream Collector" Achievement.

Also, my multiplayer level went back to what it should be, 17, instead of the 11 it showed. All I had to do to get this to show correct was close out of the game/app and reopen it through the title screen.

I hope this helps anybody in need of these achievements. I'd suggest for the bonus objectives to delete your saves, replay the missions you think are messed up and didn't count and hope for the best. I'm still working on a solution for the skull achievement.
1. Playing on Xbox one
2. Surviving The long War
3. Accomplished all missions on legendary, my service record states that as well. If It matters, I used skulls on last mission

I went back and played "From the Deep" (I knew this mission was messed up and was certain my bonus objective had not counted) and "Lights out" (I was fairly certain). After completing the mission on Easy with all Objectives (Primary, Optional, and Bonus) completed. As soon as the mission ended my achievement for "A Lot Extra" popped. It does appear that resetting your Xbox and cloud save for Halo Wars 2 allows you to earn that achievement. However, I still cannot earn any additional skulls and am still lacking the "Dream Collector" Achievement.

Also, my multiplayer level went back to what it should be, 17, instead of the 11 it showed. All I had to do to get this to show correct was close out of the game/app and reopen it through the title screen.

I hope this helps anybody in need of these achievements. I'd suggest for the bonus objectives to delete your saves, replay the missions you think are messed up and didn't count and hope for the best. I'm still working on a solution for the skull achievement.
I'm going to try this. My problem is my campaign progress was randomly reset so I don't have chapter select
Just to update...

1. Xbox One
2. Collecting a dream
3. Yes, three times... nothing seems to get m the skulls I'm missing, even replaying the missions to get them again

What led you to believe you were missing an objective in from the deep? I too am stuck at 97% for that achievement.

What led you to believe you were missing an objective in from the deep? I too am stuck at 97% for that achievement.
I new I had an issue with from the deep because after beating the campaign on legendary and not getting the achievement I realized I didn't have the achievement for beating from the deep period. Therefore I had to replay that mission on legendary. After replaying, I got the achievement for beating that missin as well as the rest of the campaign. I also figure that's the mission that's not registering I have the skull. I hope this helps.
Alpha 837 wrote:
Just to update...

1. Xbox One
2. Collecting a dream
3. Yes, three times... nothing seems to get m the skulls I'm missing, even replaying the missions to get them again
I have been working on a resolution for the skulls but believe them to be unobtainable at the moment. I believe that it is pulling data from waypoint and it appears that its impossible to be awarded the soul more than once. Sadly deleting saved files don't work anymore I believe.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 35