Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Achievement Problems? Details please!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 35
Skulls and bonus objectives fully complete on the Halo Wars 2 campaign screen yet no achievements. They seem to be stuck with no way of increasing the percent complete a.k.a. obtaining them again. Please help.
1.) Xbox One
2.) A lot extra
3.) I've completed all bonus objectives, but the tracker is stuck at 97% still... I've went back and recompleted some objectives to see if it would trigger to no avail
1) xbox one
2) a lot extra, collecting a dream.
3) completed all the objectives and found all the skulls but it tells me im stuck on 93% for skulls and 88% for bonus objectives
1. xbox one
2. surviving the long war and DLC achievements
3.completed the requirements for surviving the long war today it didn't unlock. For the DLC achievements I have found that they don't track progress all the time. I've even had them stop tracking mid-match. Quitting the build seem to be a temporary fix for the issue.
I have already posted twice now how to get your achievements. Go to halo wars 2 in games and press start. Go to manage game. Go to save game file. Delete from both the local and cloud. Launch the game. Start the campaign on easy so you can fly through the missions. Once you complete the game, palmers gold, all skulls etc will pop.

The issue is with the save files on the console/cloud.

I have tested this and it works. I got my achievements after doing the above.

I know this is not a fix, but the work around works.
Update from what I just posted:

I went back and played "From the Deep" (I knew this mission was messed up and was certain my bonus objective had not counted) and "Lights out" (I was fairly certain). After completing the mission on Easy with all Objectives (Primary, Optional, and Bonus) completed. As soon as the mission ended my achievement for "A Lot Extra" popped. It does appear that resetting your Xbox and cloud save for Halo Wars 2 allows you to earn that achievement. However, I still cannot earn any additional skulls and am still lacking the "Dream Collector" Achievement.

Also, my multiplayer level went back to what it should be, 17, instead of the 11 it showed. All I had to do to get this to show correct was close out of the game/app and reopen it through the title screen.

I hope this helps anybody in need of these achievements. I'd suggest for the bonus objectives to delete your saves, replay the missions you think are messed up and didn't count and hope for the best. I'm still working on a solution for the skull achievement.
What led you to believe you were missing an objective in from the deep? I too am stuck at 97% for that achievement.
I new I had an issue with from the deep because after beating the campaign on legendary and not getting the achievement I realized I didn't have the achievement for beating from the deep period. Therefore I had to replay that mission on legendary. After replaying, I got the achievement for beating that missin as well as the rest of the campaign. I also figure that's the mission that's not registering I have the skull. I hope this helps.
I did the same thing you did yesterday and it finally popped. I knew I had an issue with from the deep as well, because I had to play it over for my Palmer's Pure Gold achievement, so I figured that was the one that didn't count. I never deleted my saved data either which leads me to believe 343 may have fixed the tracking issue.
hey guys. Just getting tired of these achievements not unlocking. The ones that aren't budging are;

- create all banished units (ive made every unit possible, even following walk through videos and lists)
- win 3 times with colony (just won my 4th match with him)
- turrets everywhere (created more than 200 of these turrets but won't move from 38%)
- unlock all skulls (which it actually says I haven't missed any)
ive tried uninstalling and hard reseting but still no results. I don't know how to force these achievement to just work and it's really annoying me at this stage.

seems weird that progress is made sometimes and not other times and at this point I don't want to keep playing towards some achievements if they won't unlock
1.xbox one
2.the hard fight/surviveing the long war/palmers pure gold/two heads are better than one
3.i have did the first three with skulls so i dont know if that nulls the achievement but the last one was with no skulls and the first two happened last month (i dont remember the exact date, sorry).palmers pure gold was stuck on 90% a couple days before i did the legendary and the last one happened about a week ago.

Thanks for looking into it!
1) xbox one
2) a lot extra, collecting a dream.
3) completed all the objectives and found all the skulls but it tells me im stuck on 93% for skulls and 88% for bonus objectives
Same deal, 97% for all the bonus objectives. Just got the last one today, all the missions read full, but no achivement.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
mattw01234 wrote:
1. xbox one
2. surviving the long war and DLC achievements
3.completed the requirements for surviving the long war today it didn't unlock. For the DLC achievements I have found that they don't track progress all the time. I've even had them stop tracking mid-match. Quitting the build seem to be a temporary fix for the issue.
Sorry, i read this before but on deleted it from my xbox not cloud, just a quick questions, when you say do a mission and the achievements will pop, is that all the missions again, or can it be just any mission?
ZiabR wrote:
I have already posted twice now how to get your achievements. Go to halo wars 2 in games and press start. Go to manage game. Go to save game file. Delete from both the local and cloud. Launch the game. Start the campaign on easy so you can fly through the missions. Once you complete the game, palmers gold, all skulls etc will pop.

Sorry, quoted the wrong person, if you could read my last comment that would be great.
I am playing on Xbox One. I have completed the campaign and 5/12 mission related achievements did not unlock. I also did not receive the achievement for completing the campaign. The progress tracker in game shows 12/12 missions completed. I have tried hard resetting my console and retrying missions with no luck.
When will there be a fix?
I don't want to spend any more time or money on this game if the achievements are broken.
1. Xbox one

2. Collecting a Dream - stuck at 66%, didn't get the other skull achievements until many already unlocked. Replaying has not changed the tracker at all.

Surviving the Long War - completed all the levels on Legendary. Was aware of issues caused by backing out to the menu following completion of a level so I did not do that. Only started from manual saves. Game and Halo waypoint show all levels completed Legendary.

The Hard Fight - same as legendary (assuming they stack)

3. When I played the campaign through on easy the first time through the achievement didn't unlock. However, three level completion achievements were missing so replaying them and unlocking those achievement s resulting in obtaining the campaign one.
  1. Xbox 1
collecting a dream surviving the long warGot the achievement with all the skulls and it says that I have 12/12 legendary solo complete
Hiijacked wrote:
Skulls and bonus objectives fully complete on the Halo Wars 2 campaign screen yet no achievements. They seem to be stuck with no way of increasing the percent complete a.k.a. obtaining them again. Please help.
Exact same problem for me
ZiabR wrote:

I'll try that mate, thanks
- Playing on Xbox
- I have 15/15 skulls but Collecting a dream hasn't unlocked, the achievement progress bar sits at 93 percent and doesn't move regardless of how many times I replay the missions to get the skulls. I have the same issue for the A lot extra achievement. The achievement progress bar sits at 97 percent despite the fact the in game menu stats shows that I've completed all of the campaign optional and bonus objectives.
- Haven't completed all campaign achievements yet, but there could be more like the ones listed above.
ZiabR wrote:

I believe you did this before the June 28 patch. Currently after the patch when you delete you files and open the game again it pulls your record from the halo waypoint servers. Therefore, if you had earned all skulls already you are unable to earn them again. I will say thank you for the advice though because it did help for the bonus objectives, but I do not believe that it will work for skulls after the June 28 update. Now if you do this after the update please let me know as I must be doing something wrong when deleting my saved files. Thanks.
ZiabR wrote:

I'll try that mate, thanks
I do not believe this will help the dream collector at all.
ZiabR wrote:

Sorry, quoted the wrong person, if you could read my last comment that would be great.
you have to do the mission that's broken for you. For me it was from the deep and the mission prior.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 35