Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] BLACK SCREEN COME ON!!!!

OP MockHalo106

10min after black screen.

background sounds is OK
hotkey is OK
screen is NOT OK

PLZ FIX THIS.
Which mode/map/mission were you in when you encountered the blackscreen? What were you doing leading up to the issue? How far into the match/mission were you?Judging by your mention of hotkeys, it looks like you were playing on PC. Could you please provide us with some information about your PC? Brand and series of graphics card, model of CPU, and any other information related to the issue that you think is worth noting.
CPU : I5 4670

VGA : AMD R9 280X

RAM : 12gb

while playing campain
This again, only hope they would "finally" fix this, this has been around for months, only way i was able to play Halo Wars 2 on Windows and my Nvidia Geforce GTX 980, was to use older drivers from last year's. But somehow after installing newer drivers i can't install older drivers anymore.

So everytime i try to play Halo Wars 2 with any game mode, campaign/skirmish/tutorial etc, i can hear voices/sound but get black screen and after 3-10 seconds game will crash to desktop. Even uninstalled game from my default hard drive folder, and reinstalled game to different hard drive, but that didn't help at all.

It would seem that they simply don't care about PC player at all, only focus on helping Xbox 1 players :(
Postums wrote:
Which mode/map/mission were you in when you encountered the blackscreen? What were you doing leading up to the issue? How far into the match/mission were you?Judging by your mention of hotkeys, it looks like you were playing on PC. Could you please provide us with some information about your PC? Brand and series of graphics card, model of CPU, and any other information related to the issue that you think is worth noting.
This is still a problem on my xbox one and PC on spectator. I have to restart Halo wars to temp fix. Right when the game begins my screen goes black. My PC is x99 Extreme4, i7 5820k, 32 gbs RAM, GTX 1080 SLI. I see the map the players, time, Camera option, Fog of war toggle, Units in the bottom Left. But I can't see the gameplay!
Years later and it's still happening apparently. I finished the opening cinematic and the screen goes black and I can hear mission dialogue but can't do anything.
Please don't revive old topics thanks