Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

Colony has a Game Breaking Bug since Patch

OP OddestRock

HI I am Corey new to Forums well posting wise that is

I been playing Colony I Notice Major Game Breaking bug with Hunter Captain while The is hero attacking the game can freezes makes a high pitch sound for 6 seconds then Crashes only happens with colony I Only Notice
Huh, never had that happen to me before when I use colony. I'll try to find some sort explanation later but all I've got are these basic things:
1. Maybe too many things we're happening at one time, like multiple "Y" abilities, leaderpowers, etc. were going off at the same time
2. It just may be an actual glitch/bug with hunter captain
3. Something else external like the game disc(If you don't have it downloaded) the internet connection or the xbox itself is bugged.

I'm not a tech guru so I can't help very much but hopefully I at the very least helped in some way, shape, or form.
its was on map bedrock it happened twice in row on the said map its annoying

Thanks for replying
OddestRock wrote:
its was on map bedrock it happened twice in row on the said map its annoying

Thanks for replying
There may be something wrong with the map then. We're you playing 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3?

I'm planning on playing soon, so I'll pump out several games as hunter captain and see what results I get
1st crash
bedrock 2v3 since ally quit and mode versus AI AI was 2 pavium and 1 Arbiter and massive force at there base i am guess 160 pop count at said base was trying to break base once for all with 3 scarab on one way in under massive fire hunter captain the other way in under heavy fire by infantry but survivable ps base was i attacking was 1 of center 4 base spots

2nd crash
hardly any units on map one ally quit again

hunter captain was attacking light infantry
3. Something else external like the game disc(If you don't have it downloaded) the internet connection or the xbox itself is bugged.
Just an FYI, Xbox one games don’t run off the disk.

If you purchase a disk it serves as the liscence that tells the system you own the game but the full game still must be downloaded to your hard drive.
Has anyone else experienced any crashes for this? As well - this should be placed in the support forums.
It sounds similar to a couple of crashes I experienced back in late november when playing 3v3. A lot of things happening on screen at once, then a freeze with high pitched noise and then dc. Since installing complete edition haven't seen it, I always put it down to lots of "stuff happening" at once.
I play colony exclusively right now and any time this happens to me, it is usually chalked up to "Too many things happening at once". Game crashes do happen from time to time. If it is very common, I would recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your game. That has helped me out a bunch.