Skip to main content
My brother asked me for help finishing Halo Wars 2 (he hasn't played an RTS since Halo Wars 1 back in like 2011 when we first got it.) and that was fine, we finished the campaign easily. We had some time to kill before we both had to go grab something to eat for dinner so I said "hey, let's just go mess around in skirmish" and chose Fort Jordan.

Probably a mistake because I load in and not only is it absurdly bright in some parts of the map (blinding almost), the grass texture is also non-existent. It's a bunch of black blocky textures littering the entirety of the map.

What exactly happened???
My brother asked me for help finishing Halo Wars 2 (he hasn't played an RTS since Halo Wars 1 back in like 2011 when we first got it.) and that was fine, we finished the campaign easily. We had some time to kill before we both had to go grab something to eat for dinner so I said "hey, let's just go mess around in skirmish" and chose Fort Jordan.

Probably a mistake because I load in and not only is it absurdly bright in some parts of the map (blinding almost), the grass texture is also non-existent. It's a bunch of black blocky textures littering the entirety of the map.

What exactly happened???
The map is broken on xbox, uses to much memory, has been since launch. It hasn't been fixed after a year so doubt it ever will be.

What exactly happened???
The map is broken on xbox, uses to much memory, has been since launch. It hasn't been fixed after a year so doubt it ever will be.
Strange, I don't remember it being that way when I played on it the first time it dropped. But then again that was more than a year ago I think, so no clue.

What exactly happened???
Strange, I don't remember it being that way when I played on it the first time it dropped. But then again that was more than a year ago I think, so no clue.
It doesn't happen every time, but once it does it requires a hard reset to fix.
On Xbox go to the settings for the game and delete reserved space. Start game back up and it should work. Just did it and it now works for me.

What exactly happened???
Never had this issue, but I've only ever played on PC, so that's probably why
Delete the reserved space for the game within the settings. Go to manage game and go down to reserved space and delete it. Restart the game it’ll re start itself after the start up and boom. It worked for me and my friend