OP Beefss

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Hello, i was able to launch HW2 fine before the recent patch(march 9th), however after installing the patch all the game does just opens the "Halo" intro launch window then closes. My assus ROG laptop specs is as follows:
intel core i5
Nvidia gtx960m
16gb RAM
etc...
I am in the same boat.

I have a brand new PC and I got Halo Wars 2.
It never worked; I see for a split second a window and that's it.
I've reinstalled the game twice on my secondary drive with no success.
I will try one last time to install it on the primary drive but it takes a long time to download...
My game starts but I can't get passed the start screen. When I try to sign in, the profile window appears for a split-second and the vanishes. The game then prompts me to sign in and the same thing occurs. Had this issue since launch and I've tried numerous workarounds.
I am having a quite similar issue:

whenever i launch the game, it shows up the window with the halo logo for some seconds, then crashes and opens a support website with a contact form to get in touch with the support team. The subject is entered automatically and shows "Halo Wars 2: Status 8850000D".

I cant find any solution...
The game is now working; I have reinstalled it on my C: drive.
I don't know why they are giving us the choice of the installation directory if it only works on the C: drive.
It is a shame with today's computers using a main SSD for the OS.
3rd install gives me the same problem but can't work out where it's installing to. And when I press play it won't launch. 3 days still no luck so much for windows 10. My first game for win 10 and xbox and definitely my last.
3rd install gives me the same problem but can't work out where it's installing to. And when I press play it won't launch. 3 days still no luck so much for windows 10. My first game for win 10 and xbox and definitely my last.
To find out where your default setting for applications to be installed:
1) go to Settings
2) Select the System tile
3) Select Storage from the List on the left under System
4) Under the 'More storage settings' headline on the right side, select 'Change where new content is saved'

This will tell you the drive, or let you change what drive to set it to.
By default it installs to:
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\

But that doesn't help your problem. Ive found your crash and raised it to the devs.
Hey Tobbns I had this issue as well.

Go to Settings>System>Apps & features>Halo Wars 2>Advanced options>Reset.

Sorted it out for me so hope it helps you too! :)
I pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition for the console months ago and I downloaded the Halo Wars: Definitive Edition onto the console, and I recently was given some extra cash from a friend to get the Standard Edition of Halo Wars 2 digitally so I wouldn't worry too much on my disc getting damaged or anything. Well I finally got a decent laptop that runs Windows 10 and I decided to install both Halo Wars games to my laptop and they did so over several days (apparently my internet sucks) and now that I have both of them I decided to crank up both of them (not at the same time obviously), but when I did, they showed the "Halo" logo but then the windows closes seconds later. I tried launching it from the Halo app and it doesn't work. Tried it from the taskbar pin, doesn't work. Tried it from searching through Cortana and opening it that way, doesn't work. Tried opening it through the desktop icon, doesn't work.

I tried searching if anyone had a patch that would fix this issue, and apparently there was one for Halo Wars 2, but when I clicked on the download link, it doesn't show up at all.

Is anyone else having this problem at all, anymore? Or is it just me?
Beefss wrote:
I preordered the Ultimate Edition and played the game last night on its release, now not even a day later and every time I try to launch the game, a Window that reads "Halo" pops up for a few seconds and closes... Why do you have to use the trash Halo app instead of directly launching the game? Does anybody know a fix to this inability to launch?
Same thing here!

The difference is it is 8/11/17 and I cannot launch the game on PC. That means 343 has screwed the pooch again with their games.

343 decided not to do a dang thing to fix Halo MCC and three years later it is still the biggest pile of crap functioning game on the XBox One.

Now Halo Wars 2 can't fricking launch on my PC even after uninstalling it twice!

Almost six months has gone by!!!!

Are we sure 343 is not owned by EA?!
Guys anyone has as solution for this problem? I bought the game and i'm so pissed... The "Halo" Window opens but closes 2 seconds after...
. I tried launching it from the Halo app and it doesn't work.
Can you uninstall the Halo app (not Halo Wars 2) from the machine and try?
DududasPT wrote:
Guys anyone has as solution for this problem? I bought the game and i'm so pissed... The "Halo" Window opens but closes 2 seconds after...
Do you have the 'Halo' app on your machine? If so, can you uninstall it and try to launch 'Halo Wars 2' again?
Beefss wrote:
I preordered the Ultimate Edition and played the game last night on its release, now not even a day later and every time I try to launch the game, a Window that reads "Halo" pops up for a few seconds and closes... Why do you have to use the trash Halo app instead of directly launching the game? Does anybody know a fix to this inability to launch?
Same thing here!

Same as above, is the 'Halo' app installed on this machine? If so can you uninstall it and try to launch 'Halo Wars 2' again?
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

Same as above, is the 'Halo' app installed on this machine? If so can you uninstall it and try to launch 'Halo Wars 2' again?
DududasPT wrote:
Do you have the 'Halo' app on your machine? If so, can you uninstall it and try to launch 'Halo Wars 2' again?
I don't know, I just installed the app from the store and launched the game from the icon on the Start Menu
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

I uninstalled the "Halo" app and tried to launch the game, and it didn't work. Neither "Halo Wars: Definitive Edition" or "Halo Wars 2" launched. Their respective windows popped up for a few seconds but then they crashed seconds later without warning.
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

I uninstalled the "Halo" app and tried to launch the game, and it didn't work. Neither "Halo Wars: Definitive Edition" or "Halo Wars 2" launched. Their respective windows popped up for a few seconds but then they crashed seconds later without warning.
Yes, that's what happend to me, it opened a window saying "halo" but it closed after a few seconds... I dont have he haloapp installed
DududasPT wrote:
I checked and no, i dont have the halo app installed
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

Yes, that's what happend to me, it opened a window saying "halo" but it closed after a few seconds... I dont have he haloapp installed
Good to know I'm not the only one. 343 & CA needs to get on this case, especially with Awakening the Nightmare on the horizon, and PC players having this problem will miss out on the whole deal.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5