2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
I preordered the Ultimate Edition and played the game last night on its release, now not even a day later and every time I try to launch the game, a Window that reads "Halo" pops up for a few seconds and closes... Why do you have to use the trash Halo app instead of directly launching the game? Does anybody know a fix to this inability to launch?
Same thing here!

Same as above, is the 'Halo' app installed on this machine? If so can you uninstall it and try to launch 'Halo Wars 2' again?
I uninstalled the "Halo" app and tried to launch the game, and it didn't work. Neither "Halo Wars: Definitive Edition" or "Halo Wars 2" launched. Their respective windows popped up for a few seconds but then they crashed seconds later without warning.
Yes, that's what happend to me, it opened a window saying "halo" but it closed after a few seconds... I dont have he haloapp installed
Good to know I'm not the only one. 343 & CA needs to get on this case, especially with Awakening the Nightmare on the horizon, and PC players having this problem will miss out on the whole deal.
It's not good to know, because that means that 343 have stuff to do... I just want them to fix this problem...
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
I preordered the Ultimate Edition and played the game last night on its release, now not even a day later and every time I try to launch the game, a Window that reads "Halo" pops up for a few seconds and closes... Why do you have to use the trash Halo app instead of directly launching the game? Does anybody know a fix to this inability to launch?
Same thing here!

Same as above, is the 'Halo' app installed on this machine? If so can you uninstall it and try to launch 'Halo Wars 2' again?
I uninstalled the "Halo" app and tried to launch the game, and it didn't work. Neither "Halo Wars: Definitive Edition" or "Halo Wars 2" launched. Their respective windows popped up for a few seconds but then they crashed seconds later without warning.
Yes, that's what happend to me, it opened a window saying "halo" but it closed after a few seconds... I dont have he haloapp installed
Good to know I'm not the only one. 343 & CA needs to get on this case, especially with Awakening the Nightmare on the horizon, and PC players having this problem will miss out on the whole deal.
Please update your drivers, from what I can tell you are running on drivers from February 2016. It shouldn't be crashing before you hit the upgrade drivers check, but apparently it is.
DududasPT wrote:
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

It's not good to know, because that means that 343 have stuff to do... I just want them to fix this problem...
Hmm, still investigating you, your setup looks current. Following up in a Private message.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

Please update your drivers, from what I can tell you are running on drivers from February 2016. It shouldn't be crashing before you hit the upgrade drivers check, but apparently it is.
And how do I do that?
Its -Yoinking!- august and this is still not fixed can anyone please help me? Everytime I launch the game it pops up then closes.
Its -Yoinking!- august and this is still not fixed can anyone please help me? Everytime I launch the game it pops up then closes.
Brother I just had the same problem.

343's track record (Halo MCC debacle, Halo Wars 2 facade of issues) is in the gutter. Blows my mind how you cannot even log into the game. I've never had an issue like this and I've played hundreds of games over the last 15 years.....never once!
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?
Your autoupdate should really be asking you to update, but if not here are some manual steps.

1. Go to the Cortana/Search bar
2. Type in 'Device Manager'
3. In the device manager interface that pops up look for Display adapter under your machine name
4. Expand the selection so it shows your integrated card
5. It should say what your adapter is ...something like Intel HD Graphics Family
6. Right click it and hit Update Driver Software
7. On the next screen, select 'Search Automatically for updated software'
This should take you through a wizard to install new drivers.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?
Your autoupdate should really be asking you to update, but if not here are some manual steps.

3. In the device manager interface that pops up look for Display adapter under your machine name
5. It should say what your adapter is ...something like Intel HD Graphics Family
MOREINFONEEDED.

Any idea what to do to solve the problem with "something went wrong" and the launcher shutting down?

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
CORSAIR 1600MHZ VENGENCE RAM
SAMSUNG 1TB SD HARD DRIVE
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

343's track record (Halo MCC debacle, Halo Wars 2 facade of issues) is in the gutter. Blows my mind how you cannot even log into the game. I've never had an issue like this and I've played hundreds of games over the last 15 years.....never once!
Yeah I just don't get it, Is there literally no actual fix? Because all I've heard its just random if it works or not. I'm up to date on windows and my drivers so that's not the problem. I also cant uninstall it?! Its not on my control panel? WHY FOR WHAT REASON?!?!
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

MOREINFONEEDED.

Any idea what to do to solve the problem with "something went wrong" and the launcher shutting down?

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER
PM me your problem, this thread is getting a bit derailed. Where is the "something went wrong" message appearing?

You are having the Halo image pop up and then it just closes?

Yeah I just don't get it, Is there literally no actual fix? Because all I've heard its just random if it works or not. I'm up to date on windows and my drivers so that's not the problem. I also cant uninstall it?! Its not on my control panel? WHY FOR WHAT REASON?!?!
I see you crashing, but it is not giving a collectible reason why. Your video card should be able to run it and your drivers are up to date. I'm going to have to try to have the graphics team look at this.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

MOREINFONEEDED.

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER
Actually, your events aren't uploading a package either, so your problem is the same as Macemans. Ill respond when I hear something back.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

MOREINFONEEDED.

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER
Actually, your events aren't uploading a package either, so your problem is the same as Macemans. Ill respond when I hear something back.
Thanks for looking into this. I think the problem is in going back and forth between the Xbox and the PC. I play with my friends on the Xbox but play the campaign and Blitz firefight on my PC b/c I can run it 1920X1200 at 100 fps.

What I have been doing is clicking the "X" to close the window that says "Something went wrong" and then starting the game up. The game actually starts up then crashes when trying to sync. After 5-6 attempts to get the game to sync it finally worked this morning.

For now I'll be staying PC exclusive until you all get it fixed.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

MOREINFONEEDED.

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER
Thanks for looking into this. I think the problem is in going back and forth between the Xbox and the PC. I play with my friends on the Xbox but play the campaign and Blitz firefight on my PC b/c I can run it 1920X1200 at 100 fps.

What I have been doing is clicking the "X" to close the window that says "Something went wrong" and then starting the game up. The game actually starts up then crashes when trying to sync. After 5-6 attempts to get the game to sync it finally worked this morning.

Thanks for the update with the work around, Ill try to get back with what the Devs want us to do.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

MOREINFONEEDED.

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

Thanks for the update with the work around, Ill try to get back with what the Devs want us to do.
Great! How about a little Halo MCC achievement love some time too? Have around 2,000 achievements not unlocking. I've posted it in detail under that thread in that forum. :)
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

MOREINFONEEDED.

I7 3770K
NVIDIA 1060 GTX
ASUS P87 PRO MOTHERBOARD
ONE PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

Great! How about a little Halo MCC achievement love some time too? Have around 2,000 achievements not unlocking. I've posted it in detail under that thread in that forum. :)
If it were so easy.
DududasPT wrote:
Beefss wrote:
Same thing here!

And how do I do that?

I did that, but the problem still persists.
as many I am also having this problem. All my drivers are currrent and win 10 instal up to date.
Can you help me, more info needed?

thanks
I noticed that the video crashes but audio keeps playing in the background. All drivers up to date. Game crashes 100% of the time, either when opening Xbox app mid-game to check on friends or messages, or shortly after starting a game.
Possible solution: I closed Afterburner and the game seems to run fine so far. Played three missions and watched all cutscenes without a single crash. Make sure you close any gpu or cpu monitoring software and launch the game, see if it works for you.
But that means I can't have my fan profile now since I had to close Afterburner.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5