OP BloodReaver87

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Have you checked your event logs in event viewer? Is there anything in the "Application" log?

You can open the event viewer via Start > and typing "Event viewer"
my pc is ok just the game is broken rally broken .
I have a similar issue with HW2. I'm running Surround, and Halo Wars Definitive Edition runs flawlessly, but this game crashes almost instantly. I got the game to try loading a match once, but soon after that it crashed to the desktop.

The error in the event viewer for HW2 brings back an 0xc0000005 exception, but I'm not finding anything through searching just yet. I play primarily on XBONE, but would like to check it out on PC at some point. Unrelated, I had an issue loading a HW2 campaign mission back up on my XBONE, it just sat there loading indefinitely. Some kind of patch needs to hit this game, and soon.

Contents of the application error log:

Faulting application name: HaloWars2_WinAppDX12Final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x589358fa
Faulting module name: HaloWars2_WinAppDX12Final.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x589358fa
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000004346a30
Faulting process id: 0x2234
Faulting application start time: 0x01d28c902ddfb82f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HoganThreshold_1.2.242.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HaloWars2_WinAppDX12Final.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HoganThreshold_1.2.242.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\HaloWars2_WinAppDX12Final.exe
Report Id: ed5fffcc-d812-4fd1-ae9e-c4e68a09c23f
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.HoganThreshold_1.2.242.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: xgame.App
After 1 deathmatch my game closes (no error)and i need to restart the game.
Im running win 10 64 bit
GTX 950
Amd eightcore 8350 4.0 ghz
8 GB RAM
Got serious lag 2
Turtorial is working fine and the campagne 2(didnt play this long) both are smooth gameplay
ATTENTION ANYONE WHO'S GAME OPENS AND CLOSES IMMEDIATELY!

Fully update your pc, disable your andtivirus and attempt to start it again. Also be sure the game itself has updated. That worked for me
My game Crashes randomly, usually right at the end of a match. It just crashed in the middle of a match for the first time.

I7 4770k
Geforce GTX 970
16gb ram
64 bit Windows 10
Same problem. Game crashes. (i7 6700k, gtx 1070, 32 gb ram 3200 mhz, win 10).
I am having this exact same issue, the weird thing is thought that on day one, after installing the latest drivers, it worked without issue. Then on day two it stopped working and would crash on load, or load infinitely, until I tried loading the autosave, which worked without issue.

Now though, day three onwards, it has just crashed or infinitely loaded 100% of the time.

GTX 1080 FTW
i7-6700k
16GB RAM
I found a semi solution to this. First I had to update all my drivers which allowed for a little bit more time before it crashed. I was able to play for about half a campaign mission then it would crash. I was recording with OBS studio at the time and when massive battles would occur or just a huge spike in the cpu the game would instantly crash at 100% cpu usage rather than just stutter. So i stopped recording and streaming and its fine now. So just keep a look on your cpu and close out any other programs.
The other solution is to go to settings. Switch it to windowed mode, then accept the change. Go back to settings and change it to fullscreen mode again.
I am having the same issue. The game worked fine until I updated this morning and now the game crashes about 5 minutes after starting every time I try to play on win 10
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Some kind of patch needs to hit this game, and soon.
+1
Please check my forum post on this issue and let me know if this helps.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f0258e8001734968984e8b56990f8daf/topics/pc-failure-to-launch-possible-fix-info/0d13538f-5fe9-4593-a8e2-19955288d807/posts
Sanjuro365 wrote:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f0258e8001734968984e8b56990f8daf/topics/pc-failure-to-launch-possible-fix-info/0d13538f-5fe9-4593-a8e2-19955288d807/posts
What should help change the credentials? If someone does something wrong, the windows apps / store no longer work. Do not let anybody know about it. And wait for an official patch before you windows shards.

Before the last patch, the game worked without crashes, so it's up to 343 to fix that again.
Sharkie040 wrote:
Sanjuro365 wrote:

What should help change the credentials? If someone does something wrong, the windows apps / store no longer work. Do not let anybody know about it. And wait for an official patch before you windows shards.

Before the last patch, the game worked without crashes, so it's up to 343 to fix that again.
No it does not stop your store from working at all. The entire Acess Denied thing deals with several folders on the windows 10 OS, all it does it have you 'officially' take control of those folders under YOUR ownership. Also, no, some people have also report on other forums I am visited that even on day one they were having instant launch crashes before the patch.
I am having the same issue- although I'm not in a rush to fix it, I don't mind playing on XBone. Halo Wars Definitive Edition runs flawlessly - but the latest HW2 update broke my game and I cannot launch it at all now.
GTX 960 2GB
FX 6300 3.9ghz
1 TB Hard Drive
8gb Ram
Sanjuro365 wrote:
Sharkie040 wrote:
Sanjuro365 wrote:

No it does not stop your store from working at all. The entire Acess Denied thing deals with several folders on the windows 10 OS, all it does it have you 'officially' take control of those folders under YOUR ownership. Also, no, some people have also report on other forums I am visited that even on day one they were having instant launch crashes before the patch.
Have now tried as you described. The game does not stop now when I capitulate eg. If I win or lose a game, the game still crashes. Here also does not help esc taste. Still the window full screen change, nor the disable the firewall, also not different Grafik driver. Is definitely at the game, before the last patch, at release I had not a crash.
I advise but straight, from these settings, as already said. If you go wrong what can go wrong with windows. Therefore wait for official patch.
Why 343 does not offer the release version in the store again, and then a patch, which is also tested, thus quality assurance.
Anyone else getting poor frame rate issues? I don't have the recommend video memory could that be an issue.
I'm getting crashes as well, game loads and I can watch cut scenes and browse through the menus. The game crashes right when I enter a game whether it's campaign or multiplayer. I updated my drivers I'm running the latest.

Randomwaffle - Yes low video memory will definitely give you frame rate issues. You should at least have the minimum req. graphics card a 650ti, you can get one on Ebay for 50 bucks.
Mine crashes in the option screen every time

My specs are:
- Core i7-4710HQ
- 16 GB RAM
- Geforce GTX 860M 2GB VRAM
- Windows 10 Pro
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...