OP BloodReaver87

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Same here - get through to the very beginning of the first campaign mission (right after pelican drop off), screen freezes on some shadowed textures, then game closes without any error message. Played around with a few of the settings (windowed vs. fullscreen, disabling foliage because I read that on some other post, etc), and every time crashes at the exact same spot. Expected some issues with PC release, but not the inability to play at all.

Specs:
-Intel i7-4930k
-32GB RAM
-GTX 980 TI 6GB
-Windows 10

EDIT: And before anyone asks, I did make sure to update drivers and Windows before playing :)
EDIT #2: So I let the game reinstall today while I was at work, gave it another try just for the heck of it and sure enough it actually worked. Played through the first 3 campaign missions without any noticeable issues so far (default graphics settings were already at ultra/high and haven't felt the need to adjust any of them). Haven't attempted any multiplayer modes though...
EDIT #3: OK, so the reinstall only worked for those few missions. When I loaded up my save for the 4th mission, the briefing and cutscene play just fine, but as soon as I get control of the characters the game closes without an error message. I had hoped that my issues were just from some corrupted download, but I guess it is clear now that the game really is broken.
I fixed my issue and found out kind of what the problem was.

I put all my video settings back to default and the game ran great. I went and changed all the video options back to what I wanted them at and the game started crashing again every time right when I enter a game. I tried to find out which setting was crashing the game by setting the video settings to default and changing them one at a time. I did this until they were all what I had them at earlier which was crashing the game!!

This game is beyond me it makes no sense. If I change all my video settings at once it make the game crash every time. If I change my video settings one at a time the game is fine. WTF.
Sharkie040 wrote:
Sanjuro365 wrote:
Sharkie040 wrote:
Sanjuro365 wrote:
Please check my forum post on this issue and let me know if this helps.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f0258e8001734968984e8b56990f8daf/topics/pc-failure-to-launch-possible-fix-info/0d13538f-5fe9-4593-a8e2-19955288d807/posts
What should help change the credentials? If someone does something wrong, the windows apps / store no longer work. Do not let anybody know about it. And wait for an official patch before you windows shards.

Before the last patch, the game worked without crashes, so it's up to 343 to fix that again.
No it does not stop your store from working at all. The entire Acess Denied thing deals with several folders on the windows 10 OS, all it does it have you 'officially' take control of those folders under YOUR ownership. Also, no, some people have also report on other forums I am visited that even on day one they were having instant launch crashes before the patch.
Have now tried as you described. The game does not stop now when I capitulate eg. If I win or lose a game, the game still crashes. Here also does not help esc taste. Still the window full screen change, nor the disable the firewall, also not different Grafik driver. Is definitely at the game, before the last patch, at release I had not a crash.
I advise but straight, from these settings, as already said. If you go wrong what can go wrong with windows. Therefore wait for official patch.
Why 343 does not offer the release version in the store again, and then a patch, which is also tested, thus quality assurance.
The issue you're having is entirely unrelated to my post. My post is about Instant crashing. You're being able to get in game and see a menu. The issue I'm talking about is strictly on trying to launch the game and getting nothing. However I have made another post in regards to both issues and will just state this. It's basically underdevelopment on 343 industries in compatibility with certain GPU cards; and this was said directly from tier 3 Microsoft support. It's all compatibility problems.
I bought yesterday new pc (i7 7700k), even now game crashes.
Well, hope it will soon be a patch.
I think I will soon apply for a refund.
Mine loads but when I go to play it crashes and yet its been fine until today as anyone tried uninstall and reinstall ?
Also it would be nice if we had some support saying there's some issue or something ?
After update on 3/20/17 for halo wars 2 my game crashes when I launch the campaign. It also prompts we my drivers are out of date but they are NOT !
please help
Me the same, since Update can't start the game.
Launch a savegame immediately crash to the desktop ;(
I can confirm that, crash to desktop after loading a campagne Mission :-( only change was the Update of the Game
Just updated to the latest patch. Game was working perfect before the patch. When I open the game, I get to the Creative Assembly start up advert video and my whole system locks up. No keyboard commands work, only option is to force shut down system through power button and reboot. Have tried 3 times now. Radeon drivers were updated to latest before this patch and game was perfect. Have defragged and scan disk drives. Done drive clean up and registry clean up. Assuming a new patch will need to be released to fix this bug? Any suggestions?
updated HW2 yesterday and now i cant event start the game at all. Crashes immediately on startup. my drivers are fully updated, tried turning anit virus and firewall off and nothing. I literally cant do anything...

Here is my event log if it matters

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell
Date: 3/22/2017 4:01:05 AM
Event ID: 5973
Task Category: (5973)
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: DESKTOP-9138MB5\Ivanl
Computer: DESKTOP-9138MB5
Description:
Activation of app Microsoft.HoganThreshold_8wekyb3d8bbwe!xgame.App failed with error: The app didn't start. See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI/Operational log for additional information.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell" Guid="{315A8872-923E-4EA2-9889-33CD4754BF64}" />
<EventID>5973</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>5973</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x2000000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-03-22T11:01:05.246663600Z" />
<EventRecordID>11270</EventRecordID>
<Correlation ActivityID="{6C8895EF-A2EB-0002-AE4A-896CEBA2D201}" />
<Execution ProcessID="768" ThreadID="8848" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-9138MB5</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-412280293-927155398-2562104914-1001" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="AppId">Microsoft.HoganThreshold_8wekyb3d8bbwe!xgame.App</Data>
<Data Name="ErrorCode">-2144927141</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service. Sorry for the inconvenience.
我也有相同的問題,微軟販售未完成的遊戲真的很差勁!
Even with the recent update to halo wars 2, I still cant seem to not have it crash without it opening a window first. I hope they make another update to fix this issue. Im going to try to update my OS on Win 10 to see if that fixes the issue.
same problem with my pc, used to be i can play it but after patches my cpu just crashes and i have to reboot my computer for it to start again. really frustating and aggravating bec paid for the game that does not work.
I just installed the game. I go to play it, a small window pops up for a split second and then disappears. (This is the game launching for a moment and then closing).
There are no notifications or anything. This is very disappointing.

Specs:

WINDOWS 10 X64 HOME
i7-7700K Kaby Lake Quad-Core 4.2 GHz
GIGABYTE Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming K7
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1070
CORSAIR RMi Series RM750i 750W 80 PLUS GOLD
SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe
I am not happy with Halo Wars 2. If the last mission I ended with is the campaign then the game wont start back up. It will go to the start screen then the top 1/8 of my center screen (The screen with the game on it) becomes distorted (I have three monitors) and the whole operating system locks up. I can still move my mouse around and I still hear the halo theme music. Each time this happens I have to uninstall and then reinstall the game. This is a darn shame that this franchise has been reduced to this garbage!
As microsoft does on other threads it cant figure out it just closes them. Cmon boys dont let us down!
I am not happy with Halo Wars 2. If the last mission I ended with is the campaign then the game wont start back up. It will go to the start screen then the top 1/8 of my center screen (The screen with the game on it) becomes distorted (I have three monitors) and the whole operating system locks up. I can still move my mouse around and I still hear the halo theme music. Each time this happens I have to uninstall and then reinstall the game. This is a darn shame that this franchise has been reduced to this garbage!
Can you clarify whats going on?

From what I can tell from your description is that you get a black screen, you can see the mouse move over the black screen it was rendering to when you move the mouse, and you hear audio. Have you tried pressing Alt-Enter to see if you can put it into Windowed mode?

Additionally, please provide your GPU type.

Thanks!
im still having this issue.. :(
im still having this issue.. :(
Same.

December 29th 2017 and having this issue on a brand new PC.

Game opens in windowed mode, goes full screen, gets to 'click any key to continue' screen and once you click it crashes out without any message.

Intel i7 GEN CORE i7-7700HQ
NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1070
8BG GDDR5 Video Memory
16 GB DDR4 -2400Hz System Memory
128 GB M.2 PCle SSD + 1TB HDD
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5