Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Halo Wars 2 Main Game update stuck

OP Lure the Lion

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So, I truelly and utterly hate Windows 10 app store. It's the most unstable "app platform" I have ever had to deal with. And today, I saw it suddenly decided to download an update for Halo Wars 2 (the main game, not the beta). Aaaaaaaand, it's stuck at 23 MB.

So - what is this update about? Anyone else gotten it and manage to finish it? The update was about 25 GB so it seems pretty big.
Day one patch and corresponding DLC. It won't fully download until the game launches in your region. That's how MS handles preventing people from playing early.
Day one patch and corresponding DLC. It won't fully download until the game launches in your region. That's how MS handles preventing people from playing early.
Oh. I manage to unstuck it with some regfile modding so it's downloading now anyway =p
Anyone know where the game actually installs itself? Just finished the 25GB update and I want to go check out the folder, but can't find the darn thing =p
My PC is trying to download the Game. But it's stuck at 2GB from 26GB
Oh. I manage to unstuck it with some regfile modding so it's downloading now anyway =p
My update is stuck too. Once at 23MB and once at 4MB. There is no network activity anymore.

@Lure the Lion: What did you do exactly to get it to work?
same here update stop und after start and stop update and its load again littel bit an stop iam now by 66,47 MB how big is it?
Day after the game's official launch and the same problem arises with a day 2 update. Download is stuck at 10-20 mb

We need a fix, like, now
with start and stop update in updatemanager its working but slow..
working...2mb at a time with like a minute between each small step of progress...total download still at 0%...I wouldn't say this is working
its done 103,8 MB just stop and start again and again..
Anyone know where the game actually installs itself? Just finished the 25GB update and I want to go check out the folder, but can't find the darn thing =p
Try: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. It may be something along those lines. You'll need to change access to that folder to access it though.
lol now game it change frome install to download again
mine's been going back and forth between saying "downloading" and "installing" each time i resume it, so I don't think that actually means anything.

Total progress is shown on the halo app, and it's been stuck at 0% this whole time
This is just embarrassing. Do they actually think this is acceptable?
the windows store isn't that bad. the simple solution is to wait.... have a working system and chill a little bit then you don't get any problems with your download, your app-start or your account login.
i got at least gow:ue, gow4, forza apex, killer instinct, halo forge, fallout shelter and around 20 other games and apps.... everything without any issues - and the half of it was downloaded for a second time because of a new drive, also no problems.

and i bet that that your download doesn't stuck... it's filechecking or it waits for another download.
check your download speed to see if it is active. is there no or only a low activity then it is the filecheck and you have to wait.... not pause, resume, pause, wsreset, resume, abort, start, pause, reboot, resume and so on.

even the current 1,36gb update and the 4,91hwde update is working well and instant.
HA it hit 1.36MB and then looped down to 5MB. Laughable. Microsoft can't even come close replicating a system that steam has been running for years.
Mine is doing the same thing the update keeps getting stuck
the windows store isn't that bad. the simple solution is to wait.... have a working system and chill a little bit then you don't get any problems with your download, your app-start or your account login.
i got at least gow:ue, gow4, forza apex, killer instinct, halo forge, fallout shelter and around 20 other games and apps.... everything without any issues - and the half of it was downloaded for a second time because of a new drive, also no problems.

and i bet that that your download doesn't stuck... it's filechecking or it waits for another download.
check your download speed to see if it is active. is there no or only a low activity then it is the filecheck and you have to wait.... not pause, resume, pause, wsreset, resume, abort, start, pause, reboot, resume and so on.

even the current 1,36gb update and the 4,91hwde update is working well and instant.
I waited 20 minutes before coming here...no other downloads active, no other internet connected apps running at all aside from my browser...no activity
Themurloc wrote:

I waited 20 minutes before coming here...no other downloads active, no other internet connected apps running at all aside from my browser...no activity
should be the filecheck.
it needs at least 15 minutes for big games. (there isn't always such a check and idk why it starts with it)
and so far i know, it will restart after each break. it's also possible that it displays a fully download with dozens of gb, but as long as it has no dl activity it's the filecheck.

that's the only point what really sucks with the winstore - the less download and filecheck informations & options.

btw: both current updates are done for me.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2