Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Halo Wars 2 Main Game update stuck

OP Lure the Lion

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Having the same issue keeps freezing and i have to manually pause and unpause! Any Suggestions really bugging me! IS IT WORTH LEAVING OVER NIGHT?
Themurloc wrote:
it's the filecheck.
it needs at least 15 minutes for big games. (there isn't always such a check and idk why it starts with it)
and so far i know, it will restart after each break. it's also possible that it displays a fully download with dozens of gb, but as long as it has no dl activity it's the filecheck.

that's the only point what really sucks with the winstore - the less download and filecheck informations & options.
Oh looks like you are right!
I see a lot of activity on the disc (there is only hw2 on it). Guess i will just wait :)
after190 mb download start new again :-(
after190 mb download start new again :-(
mine did that at 110mb
To be honest I think Microsoft really need to see to the Windows Store application. I've had this problem with Gears of War 4 a few times. On one occassion Gears of War 4 redownloaded itself completely.
Yep, the DL needs a lot of time. I have a very nice internet connection where speed is the last problem. But I think the server are being bad or even the app store (or what ever it called on Windows).

Glad that nothing is working as planned.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Themurloc wrote:
the windows store isn't that bad. the simple solution is to wait.... have a working system and chill a little bit then you don't get any problems with your download, your app-start or your account login.
i got at least gow:ue, gow4, forza apex, killer instinct, halo forge, fallout shelter and around 20 other games and apps.... everything without any issues - and the half of it was downloaded for a second time because of a new drive, also no problems.

and i bet that that your download doesn't stuck... it's filechecking or it waits for another download.
check your download speed to see if it is active. is there no or only a low activity then it is the filecheck and you have to wait.... not pause, resume, pause, wsreset, resume, abort, start, pause, reboot, resume and so on.

even the current 1,36gb update and the 4,91hwde update is working well and instant.
I waited 20 minutes before coming here...no other downloads active, no other internet connected apps running at all aside from my browser...no activity
should be the filecheck.
it needs at least 15 minutes for big games. (there isn't always such a check and idk why it starts with it)
and so far i know, it will restart after each break. it's also possible that it displays a fully download with dozens of gb, but as long as it has no dl activity it's the filecheck.

that's the only point what really sucks with the winstore - the less download and filecheck informations & options.

btw: both current updates are done for me.
Yes this worked. The update stopped at 4 mb and the filecheck took about 20 mins before the rest of the update resumed and downloaded. Thanks for the heads up. I really hope this update fixes the unbearable multiplayer!
nice to hear.

sadly is the update really really bad.
first it has a really long black screen after all the splashscreens, then it has deleted the title and description of 2 audio menu points instead of setting it to the correct language (mic) and then it will crash during gameplay. 1time after the match and now during the match.
these problems are new. the multiplayer was fine before, besides of the newer blitz lags (20th).
So every single update for this game is effectively going to sit frozen for 20 minutes before finishing? Every time?

Good god, Microsoft need to just use Steam like everyone else. They've proven with this and Windows Live that they have absolutely no idea how to make an apps platform, and every -Yoink- excuse they trot out for one is just going to erode user trust in them.
took 45 minutes of just waiting before my download finally started at a normal pace...update itself took 2 min...-Yoink- the windows store...
nice to hear.

first it has a really long black screen after all the splashscreens, then it has deleted the title and description of 2 audio menu points instead of setting it to the correct language (mic) and then it will crash during gameplay. 1time after the match and now during the match.
these problems are new. the multiplayer was fine before, besides of the newer blitz lags (20th).
I can confirm the black screen and my game crashed after my last match; however, the gameplay in multiplayer is 100% better than it was. Still a bit choppy and units to not always go where there told. It is a long way from perfect, but patience is a virtue that unfortunately many do not have anymore. Smooth launches just do not seem to happen very much these days.
nice to hear.

I can confirm the black screen and my game crashed after my last match; however, the gameplay in multiplayer is 100% better than it was. Still a bit choppy and units to not always go where there told. It is a long way from perfect, but patience is a virtue that unfortunately many do not have anymore. Smooth launches just do not seem to happen very much these days.
hm, i noticed nothing... i'm also not angry or something like that, because i know that bugs and development goes hand in hand. but early patch-notes would be fine so that we can see that they have done more than adding new bugs. ^^
[edit:] patchnotes are now available... the blackscreen is also stated in the notes, but idk whether as bug or permanent side effect *lol*
from 5-10 seconds game boot up to 30-50... i hope it's a bug...

and i bet they get a "my game doesn't work!"-1-star shitstorm, because no one waits. :D
Yeah having issues myself. WIish I could play the game while I waited for the update to download.
My pc took almost 2 full days jad to pause amd resume about 20 times for the damn thing to complete. And ow my xbox one is working on it and its been 3 hours only 48 percent and its saying its downloading at 1.32 mbps thats way off
on Xbox One - latest insider build it stuck at 8.61GB unfortunately from 41GB so it seams I'm downloading not update but whole game ;) just fantastic as unpausing will pause download automatically so won't be any progress.
Mine won't even try updating, it goes from "updating" straight to "installation failed" before even the stats for the update appear (size, speed, ect.).
on Xbox One - latest insider build it stuck at 8.61GB unfortunately from 41GB so it seams I'm downloading not update but whole game ;) just fantastic as unpausing will pause download automatically so won't be any progress.
Mine won't even try updating, it goes from "updating" straight to "installation failed" before the stats for the update appearing (size, speed, ect.).
Guys, this thread was last active 6 months ago. Why are you bringing it back up? Look, I get it. You're having issues with your download. But there are 500 other threads to choose from so we don't need another one. Not just that but this is a support issue and should go in those forums. Bringing up a thousand threads on one issue distracts from the discussions we could be having about the new campaign, the flood, the new leaders, Firefight, you get the picture. Please try to find a recent relevant thread for your next post. Thanks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2