Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

I cant install Halo wars 2 on Xbox One

OP PeskySteelskull

I just brought home halo wars Ultimate Edition from ebgames on disc for Xbox one of course.
I put the disc into my xbox and it isn't showing up in ready to install or anywhere on my Home page.
and I live in NA
You don't see the install disc option on your Home?

Do other discs work?
that sucks dont want that to happen
Wait, are you having trouble with Halo Wars 2, or Halo Wars Ultimate Edition?
Try to just drag out the power adapter to your Xbox One while it's on. That will cause the console to completely shut down, instead of this hibernation -Yoink-. Might not be the most educated and orthodox way to do it, but hey, at least it worked for me :)
scroll down to the bottom of your game list the same happened to me
Same thing happened I put the disk in and enter the code for season pass and definitive edition and nothing is happening or working, I waited 3 years for the moment I put halo wars 2 cd in and this is not working?! God damn this better work
Ok so it says installing but we're the picture of the game is suppose to be a isn't there and the install thing isn't moving? Microsoft better figure this out before I have a kenipshit
It worked I think my Xbox was just dirty I put a cd that had cleaning bristles in and it fixed it I only panicked because I was just playing Fallout 4 and AC4
I'm actually having a problem to reinstall the game even after buying the Ultimate Edition on its launch day, getting the Season Pass and Defintive Edition, and going through the Campaign and whatnot. Now I took a break from it, due to Andromeda and a few other games, so I thought no biggie. Well, I decided to crank up HW2 again, but now it's telling me, I have to REINSTALL the game on to my hard drive, despite ALREADY having the game installed to my hardrive?

I hope there is some sort of explaination behind this. Does anyone know what the deal is?
Problem: Halo Wars 2 will not reinstall.
Platform: Xbox One
GT: Spartan4894
So here's a breakdown of today's events:
-Purchase Seagate 2TB external HD
-Moved AC4:Black Flag to 2TB drive to create room for the 11+ GB update that's been keeping me from playing HW2 for months.
-Updated HW2, Making sure that it ran. (at least to the main menu)
-Moved HW2 to the 2TB drive, to conserve internal storage.
-Xbox says HW2 needs a 16+ GB update, so I approve this.
-Nothing happens, selecting Halo Wars 2 brings a prompt screen saying that I need to wait for the trusty, ever-accurate "Ready to Start".
-patience.. still nothing after multiple attempts.
-So I then did what any ignorant, confused, true xbox player would, restart everything! Still, this fixes nothing.
- I then decide to forgo my efforts in HW2, and completely uninstalled it.
- Upon reinserting the disc, nothing happens, it's now merely selectable from the Home screen.
- Now when I select HW2, I am brought to the Xbox store, where I select "install", these icons give way to "Working..." and a load bar that never moves.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, as this is just one in a long line of recent possible deal-breakers for me and the console franchise i have been loyal to since 2001. :/
Well i couldnt get halo wars 2 to install for the longest time but i recently reset the consol and wiped all the games from it.I did a hard reset basically ...luckily i just moved everything i wanted to my external hard drive but that worked after i set up my xbox again i was able to install halo wars 2 with no problems
Problem: Halo Wars 2 will not reinstall.
Platform: Xbox One
GT: Spartan4894
So here's a breakdown of today's events:
-Purchase Seagate 2TB external HD
-Moved AC4:Black Flag to 2TB drive to create room for the 11+ GB update that's been keeping me from playing HW2 for months.
-Updated HW2, Making sure that it ran. (at least to the main menu)
-Moved HW2 to the 2TB drive, to conserve internal storage.
-Xbox says HW2 needs a 16+ GB update, so I approve this.
-Nothing happens, selecting Halo Wars 2 brings a prompt screen saying that I need to wait for the trusty, ever-accurate "Ready to Start".
-patience.. still nothing after multiple attempts.
-So I then did what any ignorant, confused, true xbox player would, restart everything! Still, this fixes nothing.
- I then decide to forgo my efforts in HW2, and completely uninstalled it.
- Upon reinserting the disc, nothing happens, it's now merely selectable from the Home screen.
- Now when I select HW2, I am brought to the Xbox store, where I select "install", these icons give way to "Working..." and a load bar that never moves.
Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, as this is just one in a long line of recent possible deal-breakers for me and the console franchise i have been loyal to since 2001. :/
Update: after several restarts my Xbox finally got it's act together and loaded up HW2. All has worked well ever since. Still no clue as to what caused the problem.
I brought halo wars 2 and it dose not let me instll
I brought halo wars 2 and it dose not let me instll
Did you buy the Disc version or the Digital version?
I've had the Ultimate Edition on Xbox One since release, worked when I got it then stopped playing for a while but when I came back it would not load and said files were corrupt and that I should re-install. Uninstalled and tried re-installing with no success, game starts installing then abruptly stops just after starting.

-EDIT- Complete reset fixed it for me, pain in the -Yoink- but it worked.
I had a very similar problem myself, which I just resolved through a work around yesterday, so I wanted to share my solution as I have been trying to resolve this issue for months. I still don't know what the actual problem is, but at least I found a way around it. I'm playing on Xbox One with a physical disc.

Game initially worked fine, but after receiving a dlc update that would not install, I decided to uninstall and re-install the game thinking this would fix the problem - it did not. After uninstalling the game from my Xbox One S, I was not able to install it again. The disc would spin up for a few seconds and then would simply say "Installation Stopped" and nothing I did would make it work. I tried removing all local content, all local saves, hard console reset (not factory), installing dlc/updates when prompted ahead of installation, choosing not to install updates before installation - nothing worked. I suspected the optical drive may be to blame, but all my other physical games installed and played without issue as always.

What baffled me the most is that I also have a Day 1 Xbox One, and when I put the disc into this other console (trying to determine if perhaps my game disc was the problem), it immediately installed, and played, without issue. I kept trying the disc in my Xbox One S periodically to no avail until yesterday.

My solution: If you have one, try installing from the disc directly to a connected HDD.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I deleted all local content for Halo Wars 2 and then switched my default installation location to the external HDD I have connected to my Xbox One S (it's been connected through this entire situation) and it installed immediately, no problem. I have no idea what the problem actually is and why it refused to re-install to the internal drive, but at least I'm playing on my primary console again!