Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

Installation error, network error !!!

OP Cpt D3rp

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
OK si it's been 4 days without being able to play...
I bought the physical HW2 Ultimate Edition on 02/17, installed all 4 discs ( and ofc activated my licence key conteined in the disc's box )that same day to be able to play on early access, then i played without any issues at all until that 22/2 "patch".

Now everytime i launch the game ( WSRESET and all possible " fix" found on this forum ) i can't get past the "press a key to continue" menu, all i get is a network error ( i'm logged to the same Windows Store account and Xbox app account on PC ).

And if i try to uninstall and reinstalled the game from discs, an error message pop up telling me that my licence key can't be verified ( Miscrosft support told me that my key was a fraudulous one...) but it has been ACTIVATED and LINKED to my account already since i played the game for like 12hours si WTF IS GOING ON ????

70€ GAME, and i can't play at all, and no answers from devs.
Tired of trying to fix this because it's obviously not on my end AT ALL.
If it's an issue related to a licence key the only people who can help you are Microsoft Support. You need to get on the phone and clear it up with them.
The issue isn't the licence key which is ACTIVATED and linked to my account, i could play fine for like à week just before the patch went live.

The only issue i get is the network error message that pop out every time i start the game so i can't play it anymore since the 2/22 patch went live. That's all, 4 days without being able to play, solo or vs bots or multiplayer.. I am feeling scammed really hard
I get the same issue, bought a key, redeemed it,. no problem. I keep getting this error when loading the game. I can seemingly bypass it and have been playing campaign no problem (haven't tried online yet but I think it works, althought initially it won't connect to xbox live, and then suddenly it works).

Am reinstalling the game now, hopefully that might help.
i can bypass it by clicking on change profile in game, and relogging in to the same account, it works yeah but multiplayer doesn't work for me, it's been 2 hours of searching opponents now.
it's the first game in 20 years of gaming i'm having the most struggle with, literally.

They don't event test their patchs, the game worked like a charm before day one patch or whatever they did
Cpt D3rp wrote:
i can bypass it by clicking on change profile in game, and relogging in to the same account, it works yeah but multiplayer doesn't work for me, it's been 2 hours of searching opponents now.
it's the first game in 20 years of gaming i'm having the most struggle with, literally.

They don't event test their patchs, the game worked like a charm before day one patch or whatever they did
That's how I bypass it, too. I think I can still play multiplayer. It initially tells me I'm not connected to xbox live, but if I click into a rumble match it seems to search for me and it says "connected to halo wars 2 services" at the top right. I haven't actually bothered to play an online game yet though. But it seems like I could if I so wished.
I have the same problem, but at my xbox works perfectly!
But why works at the xbox and not on the pc?
I can play the game on pc but i can´t play any games online!
all xbox app ports are open.
NAT Type is open.
I have the same problem at Gears of War 4.
Starts from Xbox works perfectly, starts at pc works fine but no Multiplayer!!!
But why?
I tried everything I could find but nothing helps!
ekoo2k wrote:
I have the same problem, but at my xbox works perfectly!
But why works at the xbox and not on the pc?
I can play the game on pc but i can´t play any games online!
all xbox app ports are open.
NAT Type is open.
I have the same problem at Gears of War 4.
Starts from Xbox works perfectly, starts at pc works fine but no Multiplayer!!!
But why?
I tried everything I could find but nothing helps!
Maybe it's an issue with the "Xbox play Anywhere" version? AS in, of course you need Xbox Live GOld to play online for Xbox, but you don't (or at least, you shouldn't) need Xbox Live Gold to play online on PC.

I don't have an Xbox One so I can't check if it's the same problem there.
So I have xbox Live Gold for my Xbox and i can play with my xbox online but i can´t play with my pc online.
It is probably a problem with my pc but which?
All games that are not "play anywhere" are working too. (Steam, Origin, Uplay)
Next week I will reinstall windows 10 and will test whether it works on the pc.
ekoo2k wrote:
So I have xbox Live Gold for my Xbox and i can play with my xbox online but i can´t play with my pc online.
Dont mess up with reinstall. It will only waste your time.
I have the same problem like you on a fresh system. All I know the problem has to do with the Microsoft Teredo-Protokoll and the connection via my ISP. I still try to isolate the problem.
ekoo2k wrote:
Dont mess up with reinstall. It will only waste your time.
I have the same problem like you on a fresh system. All I know the problem has to do with the Microsoft Teredo-Protokoll and the connection via my ISP. I still try to isolate the problem.
Too late :P Luckily i have a 50mbps download speed so it didn't take forever.

Is this a problem I need to fix on my end, or should I wait for 343 to offer a fix?
Something new from the frontline.

I installed Halo Wars 2 on my new Laptop. Fresh Win 10. No Network Error, Software is updating without problems. The Laptop is on the same Network as my Desktop, so ISP is not the problem. After all, I think it is an local issue. We should start to compare our specs to find a solution.

Hardwarespecs (CPU, Mainboard, Networkcard)
Softwarespecs (MS Build, Antivirus, possible system-crit software)

Here we go:

Intel i7-6700k
32GB RAM
MSI Z170A GAMING M5 Mainboard
Killer Network Adapter E2400 on fixed IP-Adress
2x GF 980TI-SLI on v378.49

Windows 10 Pro, 64x
MS-Account (not offline)
BitDefender Internet Security 2017
Killer Network Manager 1.1.67.1760
Halo Wars 2 installed on E: (SSD RAID0)

What I did: Almost to much to write, but most important steps:

Removed BitDefender - no change
All troubleshootings from XBox-App - Settings - Network (Many steps on admin-commandline)
Started all XBox and IP-Services again (Cortana - Services)

Suggestions:

After all, I'm out of idears. But that Halo runs on my Laptop (Office-Laptop) without problems shows me that it must be an local problem on my Desktop.
Maybe its simple, e.g. install Halo on native directory instead of E:,
or it is an problem with (network)drivers and services on a very deep layer of the system. In device manager (enable show hidden devices) i can see many devices. Teredo is a protocol for ipv6/ipv4 tunneling, same to the shown MS ISATAP Adapter.

:|
I have a 4790k @ 4.9ghz, a 290X VaporX 8GB, Gigabyte Z87X-D3H. Hooked up to router via home plug. Windows 10 Home. Windows Defender is disabled (have to do some trickery to do this :P). Halo Wars 2 installed on local drive.

I will try on my own laptop and see what happens.

Since yesterday the game lost all my campaign progress. It possibly had something to do with the fact I tried to gain access to the Windows apps folder by doing this

https://www.maketecheasier.com/access-windowsapps-folder-windows-10/

but I doubt it. Even if save files are lost, I should still have access to missions I've completed, but I don't. See this thread.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f0258e8001734968984e8b56990f8daf/topics/campaign-progress-lost-can-t-play-online/d9cc2a0b-731a-43b7-b714-3c5e7165f753/posts?page=1
I found this on reddit, i can't test it out i'm not at home right now
https://www.google.fr/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/HaloWars/comments/5p3d7i/halo_wars_2_pc_beta_stuck_in_the_start_menu/
I have no clue if it Will work, but as Soon as i get home i'll try that..hopefully it'll fix it..

It's related to the teredo protocol DieZweiBlue talked about in a previous post

I7 6600k, GTX 970 4go, win 10 pro 64 bits, MSI h170 m3 pro, 32gb DDR 4 corsair, game and windows installed on ssd m.2 samsung 960 1To..

Still no heads up from devs. Windows support is just non sense, don't waste your time with them.
I installed in on my laptop. No network error BS on login. Found a game no problem (it seemed to blackscreen when the game loaded but I suspect this had to do with my onboard GPU which wasn't up to snuff).

So I surmised the issue was something to do with my own desktop system. So I did a reset (reinstall of Windows 10, removing all apps, only keeping personal files).... and no difference. Still have that issue on login.

Any devs want to chime in? This is ridiculous.
Bump ?
Same here :/ Can play Single or skirmish with bots but can´t find any players because Network Error... But on my Xbox it works perfectly..
Maybe it has something to do in which order the different network adapter and protocols are connecting to the ISP.

Example, two parts because only 7500 characters allowed:

My Desktop, doesnt run HALO WARS 2:

Admin command line, IPCONFIG /ALL
Spoiler:
Show
http://test-ipv6.netiter.dk/ (shows connection order)
Spoiler:
Show
Buddys Desktop, HALO WARS 2 WORKS:

Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Part 2:
My Laptop, running HALO WARS 2:
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Maybe it helps. I will try to bring the Desktop Protocolls into an different order. I will report soon.
For my desktop (doesn't work, same "installation error" problem), I have this order:

IPv4, Native IPv6, Teredo, 6to4.

I also have same Teredo pseudo interface driver.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2