Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Installation stopped - download corrupt

OP Riddler81

This is the 2nd time in a month that I've had to restore the factory settings on my Xbox in order to download the latest update for Halo Wars 2.

Microsoft and 343, how could you let another developer tarnish the reputation of what should be your Franchise IP? You should be ashamed.

Stop certifying updates that don't work so that I can actually play the game I paid for... As Snoop Dogg once said "Fix yo' -Yoink-!"
Yet another update that makes me have to download the entire game again. I don't see how they see this as acceptable at all. No other game I have played has done this. It's ridiculous.
Your luck I'm on my sixth attempt
Riddler81 wrote:
This is the 2nd time in a month that I've had to restore the factory settings on my Xbox in order to download the latest update for Halo Wars 2.

Microsoft and 343, how could you let another developer tarnish the reputation of what should be your Franchise IP? You should be ashamed.

Stop certifying updates that don't work so that I can actually play the game I paid for... As Snoop Dogg once said "Fix yo' -Yoink-!"
I won't resort to that,to me it's unacceptable to even have to factory reset just to be able to install this game properly
It wont work AT ALL for me. Ive reset to factory default settings, uninstalled it TWICE, did a hard reboot, paused it, etc. And it still wont download. It just gets stuck at 8.73GB
It wont work AT ALL for me. Ive reset to factory default settings, uninstalled it TWICE, did a hard reboot, paused it, etc. And it still wont download. It just gets stuck at 8.73GB
I'm stuck at 9.68gb...
I initially was getting stuck at 7.39 GB, then did a factory reset, now it's getting stuck at 8.39GB. Installs off the disc just fine, but the update won't download all the way. This is unbelievable.
I initially was getting stuck at 7.39 GB, then did a factory reset, now it's getting stuck at 8.39GB. Installs off the disc just fine, but the update won't download all the way. This is unbelievable.
Disc? Lucky. At least you can play it
no... it won't let me play it without the update. So, no.
I am experiencing a similar issue, though i am getting stuck at 10.32GB. I have factory reset and restarted the update almost a dozen times.
Yep, factory reset as well and it still gets stuck at 67% every time. Guess we'll just have to wait for them to push something official out to fix this issue.
I've checked all over these last few days and still no one from either microsoft or 343i has responded to this issue. My download keeps getting stuck at 12.7 gb and won't move no matter what I do. Everything else works just fine including downloads for other games.
no... it won't let me play it without the update. So, no.
Go offline and install then you can
I have been stuck at 12.60 GB twice now. Keeps on saying it’s correupt or whatever. I won’t bother trying again until they fix it. It’s ridiculous how a small update became a full on reinstall 😓😓