Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

Short-term commitment achievement bugged?

OP FrozenLionheart

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10
JJAB91 wrote:
Where the hell is that HW2 patch? Come on..
Patch is out now 9.87GB in size...downloading it now hopefully fixes these achievements too
JJAB91 wrote:
Patch is out now 9.87GB in size...downloading it now hopefully fixes these achievements too
It isn't fixed. I completed a daily challenge and it hasn't progressed or unlocked.

I would like to point out yet another day of this going unacknowledged even though it has been at the top of the 'support' page for at least three days now.
dc0dr wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
It isn't fixed. I completed a daily challenge and it hasn't progressed or unlocked.

I would like to point out yet another day of this going unacknowledged even though it has been at the top of the 'support' page for at least three days now.
Just did a daily before I saw this....honestly very disappointed with the lack of communication from 343, tried to contact CA before but just redirected me to sega, may see if one of my friends still works for them as a tester see if he can pass on the info...
Unfortunately, 343 doesn't have a good track record on fixing achievement issues. It took them 10 months to fix some broken DLC achievements in Halo 4. A broken HMCC achievement (Who Needs them?) took 5 months to fix.

Halo MCC Chinese and Halo Spartan Assault iOS are about 18 months old and have had 4 and 5 achievements (respectively) unobtainable since launch. Those will probably never be fixed. HSA is another 3rd party game like HW2, so apparently 343 does not hold their partners to account. The two iOS games don't even work anymore if you updated to iOS 10.2. In some ways, HMCC Chinese is even more troubling since it was created by 343 themselves, a subsidiary of Microsoft.

Personally, I wish 343 would stop putting resources towards professional players and instead hire more developers to fix their products for the consumers who pay for them.
The test team has confirmed for me that this achievement is currently bugged. It's being investigated but reportedly will not work as intended. I'll add to our list of known issues.
ske7ch wrote:
The test team has confirmed for me that this achievement is currently bugged. It's being investigated but reportedly will not work as intended. I'll add to our list of known issues.
So we still have broken things even after a patch that was supposed to fix everything broken -__-
ske7ch wrote:
Thanks for the update, ske7ch
Yeap, I haven't gotten it either. I haven't gotten the weekly one either. I do hope they can do a smart fix where people who have already met the requirements will get the achievements after updating their games.
ske7ch wrote:
Do they know long-term commitment is also bugged?
ske7ch wrote:
we wont know until next week hopefully it isn't bugged
ske7ch wrote:
Thank you for the acknowledgement and for the update on the issue.
ske7ch wrote:
we wont know until next week hopefully it isn't bugged
Technically depends on what they class as a month...if its a 4 week cycle then its bugged, others said its bugged before I did, so I am just going by that.
I'm sure this is captured elsewhere too but Long-Term achievement is also bugged.
I'm here just to let 343 know I'm also concerned about this. The 9GB update apparently didn't resolve the issue, so when can we expect it to be resolved?
I think I'm going to stop buying 343 games day one. It's ridiculous that they can't code a simple achievement correctly and that it isn't fixed yet. It's not like it's Seriously 4.0 where you have multiple checks before an achievement is supposed to unlock. And I've purchased every Halo since Halo: CE. I hope you're reading 343.
Twobby wrote:
I think I'm going to stop buying 343 games day one. It's ridiculous that they can't code a simple achievement correctly and that it isn't fixed yet. It's not like it's Seriously 4.0 where you have multiple checks before an achievement is supposed to unlock. And I've purchased every Halo since Halo: CE. I hope you're reading 343.
They really do not care. Until someone imposes laws on video games this kind of stuff will continue and get worse. It is not just 343 Industries, take a look at Electronics Arts, or 2K Games. The market for video games is literally huge. There are so many people buying video games it does not matter how many people realize that these publishers and developers are getting over on us and stop purchasing. Because there is a huge group of people that will always be ignorant to this element and purchase them day one.

I was around when video game testing was a big deal, and people were paid very well to test video games and report glitches or really anything they experienced negatively about a game. Nowadays we get to be the testers for video games during the beta, and even then they still release broken as hell. They are well aware that these games are going to release with multiple issues, but do not worry about it because they know they can take their time releasing a patch later on down the road.

Additionally, these people make a crap load of money off DLC, micro transactions, and more lately, pay to play modes. Does anyone remember two generations of consoles ago when there was no Internet? When version 1.0 was the final version that was well tested and the final result ready for the consumer to purchase? That day is completely gone from modern gaming. It will not return until we literally find a way to implement laws to restrict them from screwing us over. There is no other way.
Yeap, I haven't gotten it either. I haven't gotten the weekly one either. I do hope they can do a smart fix where people who have already met the requirements will get the achievements after updating their games.
I am also very much hoping for this. I have been completing all my challenges since I started playing four days early. I have all other achievements unlocked now except the two weekly/daily based achievements that are both looking broken now. It would be very nice to just have them unlock now that I have met the requirements.
I thought it was a Certification requirement for all Achievements to be unlockable....
GH6991 wrote:
I thought it was a Certification requirement for all Achievements to be unlockable....
doesn't seem to be.... only certification thats required is that the originals 1000g has to be obtainable by the main game and not by any extra content... too many games in general have released with achievements that can't be obtained within the past year alone... seriously starting to become a tiring trend.
GH6991 wrote:
No, there would be no method of guaranteeing something like that anyway. For instance, in this case we are discussing requirements for achievements that have to be met over a period of time. In this case, we are talking about an entire week, and now an entire month to get these achievements. One of the reasons that it was not addressed earlier is because people were confused (and still are) on when it was actually suppose to begin tracking progress.

There would really be no way of testing achievements until a group of people fulfill the requirements and realize it is not unlocking. Unfortunately, this does sometimes happen, but as of lately it seems to be happening a good deal more than in the past. It would seem consumers are finally realizing that these publishers and developers just do not care anymore. As they will make their money one way or another.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 10