Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

"Surviving the long war" - Achievement glitched

OP Vanille Eice

The "Surviving the long war"(Complete the Campaign on Legendary) - Achievement is glitched on XBOX ONE.

I have completed the Campaign on Legendary, which is also evidenced by the "Mission Completion" indicators in the "Main Menu/Campaign/Missions section, which shows completion of all 12 missions on solo legendary.

However, the achievement "Surviving the long war" is still locked, no progress whatsoever is shown in the achievement's progress tracker.

Personally, even though I understand that programing such a game as Halo Wars 2 is an immensely complicated process, I am amazed by the fact that it is the year 2017, and the game can acknowledge that I have beaten the campaign on Legendary in the "Missions" section, but at the very same time cannot do a check whether or not I have fulfilled the requirements to unlock the corresponding achievement correctly.

Please fix this unnecessary bug soon!
The "Surviving the long war"(Complete the Campaign on Legendary) - Achievement is glitched on XBOX ONE.

I have completed the Campaign on Legendary, which is also evidenced by the "Mission Completion" indicators in the "Main Menu/Campaign/Missions section, which shows completion of all 12 missions on solo legendary.

However, the achievement "Surviving the long war" is still locked, no progress whatsoever is shown in the achievement's progress tracker.

Personally, even though I understand that programing such a game as Halo Wars 2 is an immensely complicated process, I am amazed by the fact that it is the year 2017, and the game can acknowledge that I have beaten the campaign on Legendary in the "Missions" section, but at the very same time cannot do a check whether or not I have fulfilled the requirements to unlock the corresponding achievement correctly.

Atleast your service record shows you completed it on legendary. My service record shows I only completed it on easy but if you go on each individual mission, it says I completed all of them on legendary... also haven't unlocked the achievement as well..
TheReaICJ wrote:

Atleast your service record shows you completed it on legendary. My service record shows I only completed it on easy but if you go on each individual mission, it says I completed all of them on legendary... also haven't unlocked the achievement as well..
Odd... I have it unlocked. Maybe the patch update has something to do with it?
TheReaICJ wrote:

I had a bit of both, at one point my service record said that I only completed them all on Easy, when I did on Legendary - but I had the achievement. Everything has updated for me by now though, so maybe you just have to wait it out.
I just started up my XBOX after a longer pause and downloaded a 28.22 GB update for Halo Wars 2. I finished the last mission again, to see if the "Surviving the long war" achievement will finally unlock. Nothing. Then I did beat the first mission again, to see if this will unlock it. Still nothing.

Still, the "Surviving the long war"(Complete the Campaign on Legendary) - Achievement has not unlocked for me.

Wow, how have you still not fixed this? This is really annoying.
I know this is one specific achievement the team is currently aware of and looking into.

I also just created a new sticky thread to try and help gather up all the misc. achievement issues I'm seeing across the forums to assist the team with their investigations. If you have achievement problems please consider posting in that thread for us.

thanks!
ske7ch wrote:
I know this is one specific achievement the team is currently aware of and looking into.

I also just created a new sticky thread to try and help gather up all the misc. achievement issues I'm seeing across the forums to assist the team with their investigations. If you have achievement problems please consider posting in that thread for us.

thanks!
Any updates on this?