Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

'Surviving the long war' - Achievement glitched

OP Spxta

1. What is the issue? I completed the campaign on legendary about a week or two ago. I have still not received the achievement for doing so, it also doesn't show on my service record despite it showing here on HaloWaypoint and in my campaign mission selection menu of the game.
2. What platform are you playing on? Xbox One.
3. What's your gamertag? Spectre S2.
4. What region are you playing from? United Kingdom.
So it appears this problem occurs when you complete a campaign mission offline. The only fix currently is to replay the mission(s) you had played whilst not connected to Xbox Live, this time connected. If you do not remember what mission you played whilst offline (like myself), unfortunately you will have to reply the entire campaign until it unlocks (which was Mission 8 - Hold The Line for myself). Its unfortunate having to replay through the campaign but until it's addressed in a patch it appears to be the only known fix. I hope this helps (to some extent) anyone who has a similar problem.
Same problem with, though I did not play it offline.😢
Im having the same problem, and I was online. In game and Waypoint services record both show 12/12 completed on Legendary. This has been an ongoing problem for months looking at other posts, why has this not been addressed?
I was online during all of my campaign attempts, still glitched. Here is a workaround if a patch never comes. This was copy/pasted from my post on an achievement website. I posted it under the Legendary campaign achievement, but I had to do it for everything else listed as well. Hope it helps.

"Whenever you complete any mission when going for any campaign achievement, NEVER HIT "Exit to Menu." While the game will record your progress, the achievement counter may not. Always continue to the next mission and then if you want to stop hit resign after the auto-save.

I had to replay the campaign on Legendary until i found the mission that glitched for me (which showed i had already beaten it on Legendary), once I completed it the achievement popped. This same glitch can also happen to Skulls/Gold Medals/Bonus Objectives. Just play it safe, and never hit "Exit to Menu""
Same issue, except it says I beat it. Also issues with all skulls, which I have, and bonus objectives, which I've done.

This is pretty bs, HW2 is the only Halo game I'm missing achievements in.
Viktor wrote:
Same issue, except it says I beat it. Also issues with all skulls, which I have, and bonus objectives, which I've done.

This is pretty bs, HW2 is the only Halo game I'm missing achievements in.
See the poster above you
MorseyBaby wrote:
Viktor wrote:
Same issue, except it says I beat it. Also issues with all skulls, which I have, and bonus objectives, which I've done.

This is pretty bs, HW2 is the only Halo game I'm missing achievements in.
See the poster above you
I already did that.
All achievements for me posted this 6th May.....

"I was half way through the achievements for collecting skulls, bonus objectives and gold medals but ever since the patch nothing has contributed to the achievements. I have done them all now and none have popped, even completed one mission with all skulls active and that did not pop."
Britalian wrote:
All achievements for me posted this 6th May.....

"I was half way through the achievements for collecting skulls, bonus objectives and gold medals but ever since the patch nothing has contributed to the achievements. I have done them all now and none have popped, even completed one mission with all skulls active and that did not pop."
Same issue
Xbox one
Britalian
United Kingdom
Same issue
Xbox one
MercernaryPickle
New Zealand
this achievement has ruined halo wars for me ive hardly played i purchased this game. icant bring myself to replay the whole campaign agaain