Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

This is ridiculous...

OP Regnier575

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Another update another annoying have to reinstall the entire game. Yes I know about the pause trick so it actually works as intended, but this time it didn't let me. It stopped the installation and now I have to install 32gb, all because this one single game can't do something such as updating properly.

People can defend it all they want and say it happens on other games (which I've never experienced on anything else) but it's just dumb.
Yep 👍🏻,🤥....🤐
Just track the system's network and disk I/O usage. If you see either of these not at idle, the update process is NOT stuck and you just need to wait.
cym104 wrote:
Just track the system's network and disk I/O usage. If you see either of these not at idle, the update process is NOT stuck and you just need to wait.
The thing is I didn't do anything apart from starting the update. As I was waiting for it to pause like it normally does it instead popped up with installation stopped then started downloading 32gb. I literally did nothing that could have caused this.
It is pretty ridiculous, Idk this game just seems so buggy to me. Like half the time you can't even go through the main menu without it not responding or loading the "motto" over and over again.

this game is buggy af
First time ive been forced to download the whole game. LAME
Every -Yoinking!- update I've had to reinstall the entire game.
Is there a new update?
Well on the bright side, after ATN there will most likely be no more balance updates or DLC released. Therefore it will be less often this group of incompetents will touch their broken code and we can actually sit down and enjoy this game between the 4 out of 10 disconnects/desync's.
Regnier575 wrote:
Another update another annoying have to reinstall the entire game. Yes I know about the pause trick so it actually works as intended, but this time it didn't let me. It stopped the installation and now I have to install 32gb, all because this one single game can't do something such as updating properly.

People can defend it all they want and say it happens on other games (which I've never experienced on anything else) but it's just dumb.
I'm not having that issue... is there something wrong with your system maybe? Cause that's really weird.
Regnier575 wrote:
cym104 wrote:
Just track the system's network and disk I/O usage. If you see either of these not at idle, the update process is NOT stuck and you just need to wait.
The thing is I didn't do anything apart from starting the update. As I was waiting for it to pause like it normally does it instead popped up with installation stopped then started downloading 32gb. I literally did nothing that could have caused this.
It doesn't actually redownload all 32gb from the network. It will run checksum on the files already on disk and you will see the progress bar(GBs downloaded) move as files are validated.
oh my god I just loaded up my Xbox went to play HW2 and said It needed a 5.6GB update waiting for it to start i go somewhere else for 2m come back to my Xbox 32GB it is so annoying because I have really slow internet.
Arc V Yuto wrote:
Regnier575 wrote:
Another update another annoying have to reinstall the entire game. Yes I know about the pause trick so it actually works as intended, but this time it didn't let me. It stopped the installation and now I have to install 32gb, all because this one single game can't do something such as updating properly.

People can defend it all they want and say it happens on other games (which I've never experienced on anything else) but it's just dumb.
I'm not having that issue... is there something wrong with your system maybe? Cause that's really weird.
It is a known issue, which affects more than HW2. I think it is an OS or Xbox Live issue. Either way I have only experienced it with Halo Wars 2. It really bothers me, becuase before I switched to wired, updates could take days to reinstall 32 gigs worth of data. Now that I am on wired it takes about 10 to 20 minutes to download, but this bug really blows.
I had the same problem also. Thankfully i also use a external Hard drive so instead of installing on my xbox i had to install it to my external hard drive and now i dont have that issue. So if u use a external hard drive try installing there.
Same happened to me - turned on my Xbox, 32GB update waiting for me!

I use an external HDD as standard.

So with all the constant disconnects and ridiculously large re-installs, I've played 3 games so far this season.

343 - you are doing a fantastic job of forcing your players to leave this game as it's always broken or updating to fix the breaks!
5 gig update stopped, began reinstalling the entire game automatically, installed 9 gigs, "this data is corrupted"

had to uninstall all and begin the entire process over again.

Cant wait for it to corrupt again!

F*ck that noise about it being a known issue with other games, I have 75 games that regularly update and not a single one has this issue. I don't know who to blame, Creative Assembly or 343 but they sure are putting on a show of incompetence.
I have also simply turned on my Xbox this evening to find another 32GB update in progress.. Just as well I'm out this weekend really to be honest.

I've gotta agree with the theory that it is the game more than anything, I have not had this issue with any of the other 35 titles I have.
I'm stuck on 6.55gb with data corruption on a xbox via wifi.
I wanted to see if the game would be playable again and somewhat fair, I guess not.

It's literally every update of this game that goes wrong, and every time I have a update I need to download the hole game over and over again on 2 xboxs.
First I had 0% bug and you had to restart the xbox by force to get it to download, and now we have this data corruption.

I'm sorry but 343 has to go, unless Microsoft wants the halo franchise to die completely.
This game is a travistie and trainwreck from day one, and the only good thing is that they remaster the first halo wars what is still a better game then halo wars 2 will ever be.
i had the exact same problem. "Installation stopped." Retry results in a full redownload.
I don't even know why these destabilizing updates are getting though MS testcare center.
I mean when I try to update hw2 I can't start a game any game. Its destabilizing the hole xbox os.

Anyway can't even update this game, date corruption always on 6.55gb mark.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2