Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

Units Teleport Off Map (Major)

OP Sir A Harris

I have had it occur several times now where I will have units disappear off of the map completely. The player can still command them, but when they select the units through all units selection they will not respond to commands.
If the option of troop cycling is performed, it will automatically take the player to the edge of the map.
The units will continue to take up troop population and therefore provide the player with a severe disadvantage until the end of the game.
This occurred 3 times in my last stronghold match.

3/8 37.5% reproduction rate.

Steps to reproduce:
Launch Halo Wars 2 on Xbox One
Launch a game where either yourself, an ally or enemy has a teleport ability
Repeat until the bug occurs

Device: Xbox One
GT: Sir A Harris
Region: UK

For reference view the below clip, it can be observed from 0:15 onwards of the issue when troop cycling
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Sir%20A%20Harris/video/30972964
Same thing happened to me, I lost a stronghold match because of it.. it's quite annoying
Yep, just happened to me. An army of 40 population just got teleported off the map, and I promptly lost because they still counted against my cap. This is costing games. At least considering disabling AI use of this power til you find a fix guys.

US
GT - Xavier0080
Xbox One
Please edit your comments guys to state Device, Location and GT to help the dev team
Same issue has occurred with me since hand launch at random even after patches were released.

Playing on Xbox One
United States
GT: Drewberg
Latest patch states they fixed the Shipmaster teleport glitch, but can confirm they did not.

Xbox One: Skirmish 3v3 on Bedrock
United States
This was weird. My scarab disappeared for like a minute or two then reappeared on the map. No idea if it was getting teleported or just glitches in the game
I had 2 condor with 4 healer. That is 100points off the map. i343 made a Trump move, "I fixed it and the fix was awesome!". The quality control is crap to be honest.
This happened to me again tonight. In fact, it occurred to every none AI player in the game I was in as we were playing against the shipmaster. We all only had 3-4 units available to control because the rest were struck off map and because of this we lost. This has been occurring for months. Please fix it!

Xbox One
United States
GT: Drewberg
Apparently its being patched today, Confused as to why the patch is making it so units teleport to your base after they teleport off map rather than find the issue and correct it.
After todays' patch: I still had the AI transport my units off the map. After about 10 seconds, all my vultures re-appeared at my base, but all the infantry remained off the map for the remainder of the game.
Post any updates here if you see it continuously occurring. The issue was verified fixed, but apparently that fix was faulty.
Ill run some tests when I get on.
After todays' patch: I still had the AI transport my units off the map. After about 10 seconds, all my vultures re-appeared at my base, but all the infantry remained off the map for the remainder of the game.
I had a similar event. I had my full pop army of Nightingales, Mantises, Collosi, and Johnson Displaced off the map. 10 seconds later, ll my ground units appeared at my base, but my Nightingales were still off the map.

So it's only partially fixed. That was still a good chunk of population that was suddenly locked out to me.
I have had it happen again in my first game no less.

It appears that this fix has made it so a portion of what you lost comes back. It has also made it so that any time the teleport ability is used you are guaranteed to loose units. So the issue has been made worse(in a sense) by the patch.

The best quick fix I can recommend for this problem is to temporarily remove the ability all together until it can be verified as working.
Shipmaster AI transported my units off map tonight, 1 Condor reappeared at my base but Forge and a Nightingale were stuck off map for the remainder of the game.
Platform: Xbone
This sucks, at least the original Halo Wars still works well....and is usually more fun to play.