Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

[Locked] Update Forces Redownload of whole game (NOTICE)

OP StarLight715

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Issue: After every single update, it would stay at "updating 0% for 30-60 minutes before I would click pause update and nothing happens. After doing a hard reboot each time, it forces me to redownload the whole game after each update. This is very frustrating because it has happened after each update. Time to download 27 GB woohoo! This has happened after every update since launch. The update will not download and after doing a full hard reboot and such, I am forced to redownload the whole game without causing it to do so. I heard this has happened to other people as well and was wondering if there would be a fix after 2 months since release. It was very stupid when I had to redownload the whole game after trying to install the 100mb patch.
I own the digital ultimate version of Halo Wars 2.

Device: Xbox One

Gamertag: PoisonHearted54

Region: Southeastern United States
I have the same exact problem as you.
It has happened after every update since launch.
Update requires a hard reboot to begin downloading.
Update downloads 27-28 GB each time.
Halo Wars 2 Ultimate Edition Digital copy
Region: Central United States
Gamertag: Mike Rochitches
I have the same exact problem as you.
It has happened after every update since launch.
Update requires a hard reboot to begin downloading.
Region: Central United States
Gamertag: Mike Rochitches
Yes! We also have the same version copy. Interesting...
Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and it's happened to several of us here in the office just now as well. The team is continuing to investigate and work with the marketplace team to see what's going on here.

This post has been hidden.

ske7ch wrote:
Thanks for reporting this. We are aware of this issue and it's happened to several of us here in the office just now as well. The team is continuing to investigate and work with the marketplace team to see what's going on here.
Is their an eta when Coloney arrive on the Microsoft store? My 27 gb update has finished downloading and Coloney is not available via store yet.
Same, just downloaded the whole game again and still unable to play the new character 😤😐👎
I also have the 27gb download.
I have a hard copy of the game though so will it install off the disc once 10gb update has complete?
Same, not with the first Kinsano DLC but the 2nd balance patch and this new colony dlc...

please fix this :(
It's a Windows Store problem IMO, but I'm having the same issue. It's happened with other games in the past as well, most notably large ones. Probably something wrong with the algorithm that verifies the package versions as it's been happening from time to time since Windows 10 launched on both PC and Xbox.
I had to download full game, dlc popped up but wants to charge me for it. I have the ultimate edition and season pass. I have hard reset 3 times now and is still the same.

platform-Xbox one
gamertag-Masterbutcher11
region-northeastern United States
My game fails to even start updating so I tried clearing my save data, no change. I uninstalled the game and all packs, no change. Then I tried a hard reset, no change. Something is interfering with the download and all I'm getting is an "installation stopped" message in my queue.
I had to download full game, dlc popped up but wants to charge me for it. I have the ultimate edition and season pass. I have hard reset 3 times now and is still the same.

platform-Xbox one
gamertag-Masterbutcher11
region-northeastern United States
This same thing happened to me. I sat on the phone for an hour with Microsoft and they couldn't solve the issue. They just told me to post on this forum.....
Same issue here, standard version retail disc. Having an internet speed of roughly 1Gb/hour means I'll be uninstalling this until it's fixed as without an option to play whilst updating makes ownership effectively pointless.

Disappointing in the extreme.
ske7ch wrote:
I am having the same issue. Similar specs to other who reported the issue and this is not the first time it has happened. And update or resolution to this?

Below is my info:
It has happened after every update since launch. Issue still occurring today.
Device: Xbox One S
Region: Pacific United States
Gamertag: LUCKY MACHETE
A month later, and this still happens.
I've experienced this issue for the second time and hoping that the fix for it is in the not so distant future as I'm not ready to give up on this game just yet (really enjoyed so far besides this one problem). So, in case you guys were wondering, this problem can still occur even with the latest update. Hopefully, I'm not the first of many with this patch. I hope there's a solution. Good luck in your search, 343.
I've got the same issue, I'm on a metered connection as well, 8gb I can stretch to, but 28gb! Thanks guys :(
After waiting for about 15minutes at the "updating 0%"

My game resumed the 8GB update and finished in about 30minutes. Much quicker then hard reset I would say.
Happened to me again. Another 28 gig update. It's ridiculous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2