Forums / Support / Halo Wars Series Support

Why why why should i

OP Last Veteran

..redownload the entire game without hard resetting my Xbox?

Just why??
..redownload the entire game without hard resetting my Xbox?

Just why??
If you just let the download happen and don't interrupt it then you won't have to download the whole game again.
When I leave it on it's own it never downloads.
Even after an hour it is still "updating" with 0% (and NO, the game does not get downloaded on the "background").
So I've done what I did on previous updates, paused the installation and then resumed it.
After all I never wanted to experience another hardreset Jerome arbiter 30gb again and yet my tonight's gift is a 32.34 giga file.
And with my ancient Rome's internet I need 10 hours for such a size.
Yeah baby.
Yeah I always get stuck at "Updating" and I can't play anything or use any apps until I hard reset the system. Every single patch I get that. EVERY. ONE.

It is a pain in the -Yoink-. It's only Halo Wars 2 that ever does it to me also.
Yep 😡
Same. And I bet I'll have to go to the marketplace and have to re download every leader once again. It's only the 4th update in a row that I've had to download 32 gigs on a terrible ISP that averages 5 mb/s.
I've had the same issue before, of the game seemingly stuck at 0% or simply stuck "updating". Each time I waited it out, both times taking well over an hour and into a few before the update finally started downloading.

I don't know what the real issue is that's causing this, but waiting allowed me to avoid a complete reinstall.

Whereas with H5 I would attempt to restart frozen updates and would inevitably end up having to re-download the entire game.

So I'd say waiting is still your best bet.
Do you guys have selected the option that allows xbox download and keep games updated at all times? And shutting down the xbox doesn't cancel the update.

I have the same 0% problem but when I reset xbox (not hard reset) once I come back to online the update shows 2%.

I dont know if this is because I have a digital version of the game.
I've had the same issue before, of the game seemingly stuck at 0% or simply stuck "updating". Each time I waited it out, both times taking well over an hour and into a few before the update finally started downloading.

I don't know what the real issue is that's causing this, but waiting allowed me to avoid a complete reinstall.

Whereas with H5 I would attempt to restart frozen updates and would inevitably end up having to re-download the entire game.

I stand corrected. The update started but then gave a "download stopped" error message which suggested I "retry". Retrying resulted in the full game downloading, not just the patch.

I stand corrected. The update started but then gave a "download stopped" error message which suggested I "retry". Retrying resulted in the full game downloading, not just the patch.
Feels like a dice roll every time an update is released. For the most recent patches I've had to redownload the whole game, without doing anything to the update process.
I experienced the system lock up bug with the very first update, but since I have done the following, the updates{although long} have been smooth. This will definitely make the xb1 os snappier at least.
1.Move anything you can to an external HD.
2.completely reset xb1 to factory default.
3.customize your settings fully.
4.1 at a time move only what you actually use back to the internal HD, the transfer process defrags your games.
5.(optional) I think if you wait a day or two BEFORE step 4, the OS optimizes the empty disk space and the OS itself if you leave it running, like whilst watching tv or something that doesn't read or write to the HD.
6.now at least the HD is defragmented, and my dashboard is snappy again.
If I was still having problems I might try to COPY the game onto a backup stick because I know how long it takes to download. Sad but true.
I didn't think the game still had this problem