Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

343 overestimate classic halo popularity

OP Heyhou117

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
You can tell me what you want the mcc release on pc is pure -Yoink-,that's the best way to loose players,because we live in world where games loose their player base if content to play is not big enough at start and even more if the content makes too much time to came out.I think that making people who are not halo fanatics wait with halo reach during weeks just to get halo ce and waiting again and again (which means that halo 3 is coming very late in this schedule ) is going to kill the potentially huge population that is coming to pc I mean imagine you are a pc player hyped by a franchise that u never had the opportunity to play and when it finaly came on pc you can only play ONE game for WEEKS to get HALO CE and waiting weeks AGAIN for halo 2,3 and 4?thats so ridiculous honestly 343 overestimate the popularity of classic halo.with all the deepthroats and attention that 343 give to classic halo,scince the September update the population should have grow up a lot.but that's isn't the case at all halo 5 with no big updates is still more played (even while the week of the September update)same for esport twicth stats,halo 5 esport was way more popular than mcc's one even with all the hype that 343 is giving to mcc,so I don't think that this release is looking good,it just gonna bored the first players super quickly.

we are going to screw one of the biggest opportunity to expanded the halo community beacause people that are not halo fan are not going to play halo reach for weeks.if all games was here at the start we could get crazy population peaks.but sadly it's never going to happend I'm so disappointed.
Quote:
people who are not halo fanatics
This game isnt for those people. People that are both Halo fans and PC gamers is an incredibly narrow target audience, but its a fiercely loyal one. Thats the group that 343 is going after here.
Even for newcomers, it gives them more than enough time to learn the ins and outs of each game and what makes it special instead of being overloaded with content (Literally 6 full AAA games worth)
Chin up! This was bought in for the fans in the first place, Halo on PC will still bring in fresh people, it was never intended to bring back the golden age that has long since passed, it's just a true gift to the people that have been asking for it, for over a decade!

Without it Halo would be in a much worse position than it is currently, it's good for us all.
"is an incredibly narrow target audience".

Near 1M Views on the trailer and 28th in the yt trends so no i dont think thats an "incredibly narrow target audiance"ppl want halo on pc but we are going to give them mcc by the worst possible way
what the above said.

not to mention the PC player base has a higher average age and we had the good luck to be raised with patients and without the need of instant gradification
Adairo wrote:
Chin up! This was bought in for the fans in the first place, Halo on PC will still bring in fresh people, it was never intended to bring back the golden age that has long since passed, it's just a true gift to the people that have been asking for it, for over a decade!

Without it Halo would be in a much worse position than it is currently, it's good for us all.
For the fans AND the money they missed with the xbox release AND also expand the player base same for infinite.If it's done well we can hope to get close to the "golden age",steam has population peak at 15M ppl u dont even realize the potential population we can get
Heyhou117 wrote:
Adairo wrote:
Chin up! This was bought in for the fans in the first place, Halo on PC will still bring in fresh people, it was never intended to bring back the golden age that has long since passed, it's just a true gift to the people that have been asking for it, for over a decade!

Without it Halo would be in a much worse position than it is currently, it's good for us all.
For the fans AND the money they missed with the xbox release AND also expand the player base same for infinite.If it's done well we can hope to get close to the "golden age",steam has population peak at 15M ppl u dont even realize the potential population we can get
I agree I would totally love it if this kicks off the 2nd "golden age" lol, but the PC is a very varied platform.

But we can hope, I am optimistic but my expectations are realistic.
Heyhou117 wrote:
"is an incredibly narrow target audience".

Near 1M Views on the trailer and 28th in the yt trends so no i dont think thats an "incredibly narrow target audiance"ppl want halo on pc but we are going to give them mcc by the worst possible way
Narrow when compared to the Xbox community waiting for Halo 6.
There simply arent as many people who grew up with Halo that still enjoy gaming AND are heavy into PC gaming. It's a niche audience.
Hamel wrote:
Heyhou117 wrote:
"is an incredibly narrow target audience".

Near 1M Views on the trailer and 28th in the yt trends so no i dont think thats an "incredibly narrow target audiance"ppl want halo on pc but we are going to give them mcc by the worst possible way
Narrow when compared to the Xbox community waiting for Halo 6.
There simply arent as many people who grew up with Halo that still enjoy gaming AND are heavy into PC gaming. It's a niche audience.
most people who grew up with halo and are still into gaming are now PC gamers....
"It's a niche audience."

Once again,no.halo games on pc was so anticipated that it became a meme,of course there are tons of players that could potentially play invasion,halo 3 BTB,halo 4 customs.halo games are too good.but we need to give them in the right way
There is a lot of people wanting to try Halo for the first time. All my non Halo friends want to try it because it will be available in Steam. This will not kill Halo. This will only expand and maintain its popularity,
Heyhou117 wrote:
"It's a niche audience."

Once again,no.halo games on pc was so anticipated that it became a meme,of course there are tons of players that could potentially play invasion,halo 3 BTB,halo 4 customs.halo games are too good.but we need to give them in the right way
Anticipated by a loud group of people that you're already a part of. YOU'RE a Halo fan & a PC gamer, and surround yourself with likeminded people.
Step outside of that, and you'd probably find that 1 in every 5 people that play videogames are avid Halo fans, and maybe 1 in every 10 are PC gamers. This isnt Call of Duty 15 for the PS4, this is a collection of games (the most recent being 7 years old, the oldest being 18) being sold to a target audience on a specific platform.
The steam release alone is gonna bring on waves of newcomers. If this was going to be strictly on the microsoft store, I wouldn't be expecting a large new audience to come play.
As a avid Halo fan and knowing alot more, I believe this will be a big thing. Others to include myself will be selling this game verbally to those who have not play'd and when they do, they will turn around and sell it to another and repeat.
It's 5 whole games PLUS another campaign and firefight. It's not like we're only getting a morsel. We're getting a full 3 course meal. And then another. And then another. And then another. And then a snack. And then Halo 4, I guess.
Heyhou117 wrote:
You can tell me what you want the mcc release on pc is pure -Yoink-,that's the best way to loose players,because we live in world where games loose their player base if content to play is not big enough at start and even more if the content makes too much time to came out.
343i has been quite upfront with how the MCC will be released and has gone through multiple channels to inform as many fans as possible that the games will be released in chronological order. This release model allows them to debug the MCC in smaller chunks and get the games out faster than waiting to release all 5 titles. The insider program is also ramping up to include community feedback to ensure the games run smoothly on PC. Games like destiny (despite my gripes with it) and Rainbow 6 Siege launched bare bones and have come back to support large populations.
All i can say is wow, just wow...
The game will live and die based on the community support and the support Microsoft/343 will give it long term, but considering Halo's Legacy and the fact that Halo Custom Edition lasted this long, trust me when I say everything's gonna be fine. People still play Counter Strike on Steam right?...
Woah pump the hate breaks there pal.

Anyway I can understand what your talking about but the logic behind it is flawed. Your right to say it's been a while since Halo was on PC but making these PC players wait for the other games to come out wont hurt anything.
They've already been waiting!! And for their first game that get Halo Reach a game that's never been on PC. A game that is really awesome too. Then of course you have Halo CE and 2A that's already been on PC before except for the remastered version. Then lastly Halo 3 and 4 but it's well worth the wait.
If 343 rushed everything then it would be a buggy mess that no one would want to play and bugs kill more of the fan base than late arrivals just look at the year 2014.
I haven't seen this much anticipation in the wider gaming community for a game for a very long time. If that itself isn't proof of how popular a product this will be, then I don't know what is.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3