Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

a good step for halo, a bad step for xbox.

OP basman93

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
i think that this will make the halo community bigger, but the xbox community less.
I think the Xbox community will be fine. To be frank, basically no PC gamers play on Xbox. It's virtually pointless. The two machines are super redundant. If PC gamers want to play console-exclusive games, pretty much all we need is a PS4 and/or a Switch, depending on our taste. MCC on PC won't be leeching much from the Xbox crowd. Hell, the reason we're all so excited is basically exactly because this is our chance to finally play Halo again all together. As a former-360-owner-turned-PC-gamer, I'm drooling over PC Reach and H3.
ScionOrion wrote:
I think the Xbox community will be fine. To be frank, basically no PC gamers play on Xbox. It's virtually pointless. The two machines are super redundant. If PC gamers want to play console-exclusive games, pretty much all we need is a PS4 and/or a Switch, depending on our taste. MCC on PC won't be leeching much from the Xbox crowd. Hell, the reason we're all so excited is basically exactly because this is our chance to finally play Halo again all together. As a former-360-owner-turned-PC-gamer, I'm drooling over PC Reach and H3.
I agree completely, I doubt Xbox One owners will be buying a expensive gaming PC just because they are worried of less players or something similar. This just means more Halo fans, 343i gets MORE money, which means better Halo games. Everyone wins especially if there is crossplay, this means even more players online so Reach will go from 500 people online a day average to thousands of players; everyone wins.
I mean it made me re-buy a xbox one so I can play MCC again while I wait. Seems like they'll do fine as I know a handful of other people who did the same as me.
I agree completely, I doubt Xbox One owners will be buying a expensive gaming PC just because they are worried of less players or something similar. [...]
And you also have to consider the fact that there are lots of people out there that prefer the simplicity of a console over the complexity and knowledge one has to has when owning a gaming PC, simply plug in one or two cables and you are done basically.
Of course if you are really interested you'll spend a few hours/days to completely learn how to build your own PC system and what is required to maintain it, but I know a lot of people that didn't do it because they're not as much into technology as much as I am and just "want to play games".
So no, I don't think the majority of the XBox crowd will go anywhere either.
Xbox seems confident they don't need Halo much anymore.
I dont see the PC version taking players away from the Xbox when it comes to MCC. You're right to say that it will increase the overall Halo community but I dont forsee this mass exodus of Xbox players. For one not everyone has a gaming PC and second not everyone prefers to play fps games on PC. I personally prefer to play fps games on Xbox because of the controller.
If you need exclusive games to sell your hardware then it doesn't say much about the hardware.

If they make competitive consoles like the X then people less confident about PC gaming will continue to choose console.

I'd much rather games were available on a wider platform with more crossplay functionality. I love playing on PC, but I also love Halo. It's better to bring players together rather than put barriers between them.

All Playstation has is exclusives. That tells me all I need to know about buying that platform.
I don't know about that, I think it's more about 343i realizing that Halo has a LOT smaller fanbase now, then it did 10 years ago and the reason for that is the massive dislike for Halo 4 and Halo 5: Guardians. Those two games made the old Halo fanbase dislike, and distrust 343i feeling that they "betrayed Halo." Now I don't agree they "betrayed" the fanbase, I do feel as if both games stray to far from what makes a Halo game great and I can understand their disdain. I pre ordered Halo 4, and while I felt the campaign took a new direction that I really loved the multiplayer was a joke; so when Halo 5: Guardians came around I waited and I am glad I did after how I heard how eh it was. It was really disheartening, and Halo 5: Guardians is the reason I bought a PlayStation 4 over a Xbox One.

When I saw the Halo Infinite trailer, and I saw Halo is coming to PC I honestly got back on the hype train for Halo again. I made a new Microsoft account (due to losing my old one), IMMEDIATELY signed up for flighting/beta testing for Halo on PC, and been very active on the forms and even sparked up old friendships with friends who I used to play Halo with when I was younger. To be honest, I think Halo coming to PC is the greatest step for both Halo and Xbox due to the fact that when Halo gets a great name again, I feel people will flock to purchase either a Xbox One, or the new Xbox console thats rumored to come soon. And maybe when the next gen comes out, I may buy Xbox over PlayStation this time.
the only sure thing is that the pro league will have a big change!
Honestly I only used my Xbox for Forza, Halo and Netflix.
Then I started to play Forza on my PC and set up my station so my monitor can be used for Netflix. With Halo coming to PC I might finally switch to PS4 so I can play some of their exclusives.

Huge props to Microsoft for admitting that they lost this console generation, though. Handing Halo over to PC is a death sentence for the Xbox. RIP, hopefully theyll do better next gen. More exclusives, less controller colors.
Sincerely doubt it.

I believe that we are moving to a point where it's not just an "Xbox" community, but a "Microsoft" community. Microsoft really seems to be pushing the envelope with getting their "in-house" games (basically any games published by MGS) onto PC. I don't think this is a bad thing. This expands the communities of each respective game to a new platform which is never a bad thing.

I will say this: PC gaming is definitely becoming more affordable but I doubt it will ever snuff out Xbox sales; you have folks that simply ignore facts (e.g. PC gaming is arguably more financially feasible in the long term and is becoming more affordable) and you also have folks that are highly reluctant to ever building a PC for a few reasons. One I've heard the most is that they want a plug-and-play experience which can also be had with PC via pre-built machines.
I think that were are seeing the beginnings of Microsoft treating Xbox not as a product, but as a brand\service. Especially since they are bringing Xbox Live to the Nintendo Switch, iOS, and Android. That plus Halo coming back to PC after many years is proof of this. There will always be people who play exclusively on Xbox, and people who play exclusively on PC, but some will also play on both Xbox and PC. And if cross-platform play becomes a thing between current and future Microsoft games between both platforms, this will only become more apparent.

I very much doubt that Halo coming to PC will ruin the sales and playerbase of the next Xbox, or the one after that. Me personally, i'm just excited that the Halo community is all hype again after the announcement. I've never seen it like this in ages, and if Infinite ends up being good as well, then Halo will have made an epic comeback in the industry!
I think the true test is which platform infinite is primarily designed around ,ATM mcc is console designed series of games that are being reconfigured for PC . From all I've read a game developer must choose early what the primary platform is and design the game around it . So If 343i design infinite around the PC platform and then reconfigure to Xbox I will regard it as the Xbox consoles days are all but numbered .
Quite the opposite. This is MS realizing they don’t need a physical precence anymore. The Xbox brand is transitioning towards being a service anyone can buy into rather than something exclusive protected behind a paywall.
I'll never, ever own a console again, so I could care less about XBox. If I have a high end PC, why would I bother? Also, Microsoft and Sony generally LOSE money when they sell consoles. They literally sell them at a LOSS. They make their money from games and peripherals. Halo is my favorite game franchise of all time, but I'll only play it on my PC.

Not sure why people are even bringing these ridiculous topics up. Is it the lame battle royale crowd that's trying to bring us Halo fanatics down? Pathetic. The Fortnite/PUBG craze needs to go away forever.
ScionOrion wrote:
I know a lot of ppl myself included that only got an xbox to play halo
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss/share modded content.
haha well, for me halo is the one reason i have a xbox, hahaha, so if the new games halo games come out for the new xbox, i'll probably buy it pc
basman93 wrote:
i think that this will make the halo community bigger, but the xbox community less.
The Halo franchise became less of a console seller with 4 and 5, the Xbox community is still getting a lot of love, but they realize that this will introduce a lot more fans of the series and even new comers. Xbox is getting everything we're getting, so just wait.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2