Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Add Crossplay for Controller Users

OP Sassy Spectre

MCC on PC should have crossplay with xbox, but to keep it fair you must have a controller in use detected by the system, which would suspend the use of your mouse in-game while crossplay is switched on.

Let me know what you guys think, personally I believe that we shouldn’t lock off half of the Halo population considering how small it is.
you say PC people should use control to play with xbox people?
Who cares about controller use? I've been playing PC games forever and I prefer playing some shooters with a controller. Playing with a controller doesn't put you at a disadvantage at all if it's what you're use to using. Most people playing the game aren't trying to become pros or anything. If they do add crossplay I don't understand why they'd need to split up people using a mouse and people using a controller.
Who cares about controller use? I've been playing PC games forever and I prefer playing some shooters with a controller. Playing with a controller doesn't put you at a disadvantage at all if it's what you're use to using. Most people playing the game aren't trying to become pros or anything. If they do add crossplay I don't understand why they'd need to split up people using a mouse and people using a controller.
Playing with Mkb gives someone an advantage over someone who is using a controller generally speaking, especially in FPS games. Just like using a controller gives someone an advantage over someone using Mkb in a racing game. You're able to aim and adjust much quicker and with more precision using a mouse given the amount of space you have to move your mouse and the DPI you are using. Though I will agree it all depends on what you are comfortable using. There are a lot of variables that come into play in this type of scenario but I doubt it's one of their concerns at the moment. Besides, I think I read somewhere that Xbox is supposed to be getting Mkb support anyway so it'd be interesting to see how that pans out. Also out of curiosity what shooters do you play with a controller? I haven't found one shooter that I'd rather play with a controller over Mkb.
Playing with Mkb gives someone an advantage over someone who is using a controller generally speaking, especially in FPS games. Just like using a controller gives someone an advantage over someone using Mkb in a racing game. You're able to aim and adjust much quicker and with more precision using a mouse given the amount of space you have to move your mouse and the DPI you are using. Though I will agree it all depends on what you are comfortable using. There are a lot of variables that come into play in this type of scenario but I doubt it's one of their concerns at the moment. Besides, I think I read somewhere that Xbox is supposed to be getting Mkb support anyway so it'd be interesting to see how that pans out. Also out of curiosity what shooters do you play with a controller? I haven't found one shooter that I'd rather play with a controller over Mkb.
You can see it in games like Rainbow Six Siege, almost every person I played with coming from consoles say they were mid platinum in ranked and have a harder time going past gold in PC AT FIRST
This would be great. Only thing I'm worried about for MCC PC is that I've always played Halo on a controller and I don't want to be at a significant disadvantage when I play with a controller on my PC against KB+M players.