Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Add Dedicated Servers and Fix the Hit Registration

OP SiNNa91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know you guys are too lazy to add a 4v4 queue for competitive hardcore. So at the very least input a server list and allow players to host their own public + private servers so we can host scrims among teams and run 4v4-5v5 tournaments and leagues of our own.

Also please fix the inconsistency with the registration. I can't stress this enough some shots are on point and register while at other times an enemy can be standing still and i fire a shot and it won't register.. like wth?

Edit:

There is also still input delay - It's not as awful as Halo Reach but it's still there. It blows my mind how such issues exist for a game that's already been on PC since 2003. Understandably, it's a different group of devs working on it but nonetheless man, it's sad when a notable FPS game such as Halo can't run efficiently on PC in comparison to games like CS:GO, Overwatch, PUBG, Rainbow Six Seige, OR Halo CE from 2003 that's already on PC lol.
This, and they need to fix the input delay. The game will be pretty solid after the registry and input delay issues.
SiNNa91 wrote:
I know you guys are too lazy to add a 4v4 queue for competitive hardcore. So at the very least input a server list and allow players to host their own public + private servers so we can host scrims among teams and create a 4v4-5v5 tournaments and leagues of our own.

Also please fix the inconsistency with the registration. I can't stress this enough some shots are on point and register while at other times an enemy can be standing still and i fire a shot and it wont register.. like wth?
This isn't the way to ask, friend.
S1imothyJ wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:
I know you guys are too lazy to add a 4v4 queue for competitive hardcore. So at the very least input a server list and allow players to host their own public + private servers so we can host scrims among teams and create a 4v4-5v5 tournaments and leagues of our own.

Also please fix the inconsistency with the registration. I can't stress this enough some shots are on point and register while at other times an enemy can be standing still and i fire a shot and it wont register.. like wth?
Hes not blaming the devs.. but maybe the process in which issues are taking too long to fix if fixed at all. Devs can only do what has been approved and the process is clearly too slow and not accepting high priority well known issues that effect user game play immensely.

Regarding 4vs4 5vs5 ques, this is a must. Its so frustrating when our squad of 4 que up against random 4s and the final score is 50-5 or they all end up leaving. Its almost like we cant Que up with 4/5 buddies with comp gametypes because the opposing team ends up quitting or one is left to stay and goes afk for the rest of the 40 kills. (we've experienced all of this) Please implement 4vs4 and 5vs5 gametypes.Sinna has a good point. I've already shown video evidence of 9 out of 12 shots were showing as being hit on the opponents master chief while the missed bullets made a bullet hole in the map's wall.

I notice and have recorded this issue in both unlimited gameplay and limited 60FPS.

Why would this not have been fixed before the launch of this game!?

There is NO POINT in anyone playing any FPS games if shots don't damage shields when there supposed to.

Heres an example!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQw1Ggc5dw
Truth is this game has a lot of potential especially for a small competitive scene in the Halo Community. However, if these concerns aren't properly resolved then this game will die just like Halo Reach has in a matter of 2 months.
SiNNa91 wrote:
I know you guys are too lazy to add a 4v4 queue for competitive hardcore. So at the very least input a server list and allow players to host their own public + private servers so we can host scrims among teams and run 4v4-5v5 tournaments and leagues of our own.

Also please fix the inconsistency with the registration. I can't stress this enough some shots are on point and register while at other times an enemy can be standing still and i fire a shot and it won't register.. like wth?

Edit:

There is also still input delay - It's not as awful as Halo Reach but it's still there. It blows my mind how such issues exist for a game that's already been on PC since 2003. Understandably, it's a different group of devs working on it but nonetheless man, it's sad when a notable FPS game such as Halo can't run efficiently on PC in comparison to games like CS:GO, Overwatch, PUBG, Rainbow Six Seige, OR Halo CE from 2003 that's already on PC lol.
Adding server browser won't help at all it would divide the player-base between those playing private servers and official servers. The game on PC currently is lacking player-base. I've been searching for reach hardcore competitive games for 2 weeks and couldn't find a single match. Keep on mind that's with Reach & CEA only released, imagine how it would be like with other titles out?.
riskyjzz wrote:
Adding server browser won't help at all it would divide the player-base between those playing private servers and official servers. The game on PC currently is lacking player-base. I've been searching for reach hardcore competitive games for 2 weeks and couldn't find a single match. Keep on mind that's with Reach & CEA only released, imagine how it would be like with other titles out?.
They still can keep the search for a match. Look at battlefield 4/1/5 They have a botton to do a quick search match. So 343 could technically keep that fucntion in the game while also having a browsing part if they so wish. Along with having Region server list if one wants to join one farther out of there region. Assuming the ping is isn't going to bother anyone a whole lot.
S1imothyJ wrote:
SiNNa91 wrote:

Hes not blaming the devs.. but maybe the process in which issues are taking too long to fix if fixed at all. Devs can only do what has been approved and the process is clearly too slow and not accepting high priority well known issues that effect user game play immensely.

Regarding 4vs4 5vs5 ques, this is a must. Its so frustrating when our squad of 4 que up against random 4s and the final score is 50-5 or they all end up leaving. Its almost like we cant Que up with 4/5 buddies with comp gametypes because the opposing team ends up quitting or one is left to stay and goes afk for the rest of the 40 kills. (we've experienced all of this) Please implement 4vs4 and 5vs5 gametypes.Sinna has a good point. I've already shown video evidence of 9 out of 12 shots were showing as being hit on the opponents master chief while the missed bullets made a bullet hole in the map's wall.

I notice and have recorded this issue in both unlimited gameplay and limited 60FPS.

Why would this not have been fixed before the launch of this game!?

There is NO POINT in anyone playing any FPS games if shots don't damage shields when there supposed to.

Heres an example!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNQw1Ggc5dw
Holy cow, that is ludicrously bad.
Nope not gonna happen. Next. This thread needs to be locked.
Slickini wrote:
Whats not gonna happen and why?
Slickini wrote:
Exactly. If im not mistaken 343 wasn't they looking into having a server browser base on last dev update or something? I swear I read some where.
Slickini wrote:
Exactly. If im not mistaken 343 wasn't they looking into having a server browser base on last dev update or something? I swear I read some where.
Everyone needs to understand that the server browser that is currently in their backlog is the exact same browser on H5 forge. You’d be searching custom games hosted by a player on a P2P connection. It is not a dedicated server browser. You won’t see empty servers.

Honestly at this point, can we just admit 343 is incompetent? I’ve stated many times that this game would be the ultimate test for 343 because the exact same game was ported over 17 years ago and now that it is out, CEA is considerably worse.

Input delay on PC (2020) versus no input delay on Custom Edition (2003), no dedicated server browser, VFR support is laughable compared to any FPS game on the market and even Custom Edition, again made in 2003. Zero graphics customization, the only customization (which they openly bragged about in their updates) is changing your spartan color, which has zero effect unless you’re in FFA games(lol). Broken magnetism, pistol spread, host anti aim, extremely aggressive aim assist for controllers and the list goes on and on.

All of their devs and testers are lifetime controller players use to playing on Xbox for 20+ years of their life. So they think this is great. But the actual and much larger PC population uses MKB and they have completely ignored them, despite the whole “we hear PC players loud and clear” mantra.

Honestly just embarrassing. Worst part is in 343s mind they think they’re doing a fantastic job.
Halo Combat Evolved / Halo Custom Edition were both released on PC in 2003. Halo Trial was also free to download on the Microsoft page.

Halo CE: Anniversary is an exact copy from original XBOX-PC Port by Bungie BUT this new port released in 2020 is noticeably WORSE than the original game from 17 years ago LOL... - Let me reiterate here: A $10.00 Steam Game released in 2020 is STILL WORSE than the original game ported to PC 17 years ago. Jesus man, what do you even say to that.

HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE? Like are there 3-4 guys working at 343 on the MCC project??? HELLO???

How can you mess this game up when it's already been ported to PC almost 2 decades ago...?! HOW is there mouse input delay when the original game on PC didn't have such an issue??? LIKE WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING AT 343 INDUSTRIES?

Around late 2003 - Gamespy provided a server list where players can purchase dedicated servers through server hosting companies such as NuclearFallout, etc.. But 343 can't even offer a basic server browser let alone offer more game variants other than the original 2v2 LAN based game types in 2020 lololol.

343 is honestly a joke. They have their deadlines to meet to release each game from XBOX to PC which are ultimately better off staying on XBOX because there's little to no adjustments made for the PC version.
Halo Reach has burned out on PC already. I'll give Halo CE: Anniversary another 2 months before it dies as well. MCC will completely die out by the time Valorant comes out FOR FREE in the summer by RIOT Games. 343 have the audacity to create monthly "feedback and suggestion" pages but never update their games.

I hope you guys are happy robbing people of not only their money but their original Halo Experience.
bam9762 wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Everyone needs to understand that the server browser that is currently in their backlog is the exact same browser on H5 forge. You’d be searching custom games hosted by a player on a P2P connection. It is not a dedicated server browser. You won’t see empty servers.

Honestly at this point, can we just admit 343 is incompetent? I’ve stated many times that this game would be the ultimate test for 343 because the exact same game was ported over 17 years ago and now that it is out, CEA is considerably worse.

Input delay on PC (2020) versus no input delay on Custom Edition (2003), no dedicated server browser, VFR support is laughable compared to any FPS game on the market and even Custom Edition, again made in 2003. Zero graphics customization, the only customization (which they openly bragged about in their updates) is changing your spartan color, which has zero effect unless you’re in FFA games(lol). Broken magnetism, pistol spread, host anti aim, extremely aggressive aim assist for controllers and the list goes on and on.

All of their devs and testers are lifetime controller players use to playing on Xbox for 20+ years of their life. So they think this is great. But the actual and much larger PC population uses MKB and they have completely ignored them, despite the whole “we hear PC players loud and clear” mantra.

Honestly just embarrassing. Worst part is in 343s mind they think they’re doing a fantastic job.
There you go perfect answer. NEXT.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
bam9762 wrote:
And I love 343's excuse that this is the most complicated game developed in the world because it combines 5 different games on many different engines into one. Except there's a problem with that argument, all of your games are broken or worse than the original. So if your end product is trash, you really shouldn't promise on something you cannot deliver. That's like claiming to build a solar, water and electric all-in-one car, except none of the components actually work as intended. There really should be a class action lawsuit.

Yea, most complicated game developed in the world, but let's assign incompetent developers or maybe just a team of 5 people to make this project. Seriously one of the funniest and saddest things I have ever seen in the gaming industry.
I can't see there even being a class action lawsuit. You would have to have strong grounds onto why suing 343i.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not repost content a moderator has removed, repost a topic that has been locked, or post about forum moderation decisions. If you have a question or concern about a forum moderation decision, please private message the applicable moderator.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Slickini wrote:
Nope. This thread needed to be posted. 343 needs to hear that they have done a subpar job and people are understandably angry. What needs to be "locked" is the 343 sycophants that praise whatever they drop in the toilet. Constructive criticism is useful, you are not.
So Halo CE Anniversary is slowly dying out now
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2