Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Aim Assist - Will it Carry Over on PC? ETC.

OP Leocadius

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would not want aim assist for multiplayer pc version if they do add it no buy for me, defeats purpose of pc gaming in a nutshell.
Can you elaborate on why you feel so strongly in this direction? Do you think it would be unbalanced? What if they didn't add it for Mouse, but just for Controller?
Leocadius wrote:
Slickini wrote:
Leocadius wrote:
Slickini wrote:
It doesn't matter really. Controller users will eventually get to the point they can't get improve anymore and face the fact they are limiting themselves. They'll be persuaded to use the mouse for competitive play
Tell that to TSquared and Snipedown. They are planning to keep using controller, but like $150 controllers.
I used to play FPS games with my elite controller. Sure I had an edge on my enemies on consoles, but that edge didn't carry over to PC. My friend told me to get a g502 and... Oh boy oh boy... my entire gaming career revolutionized. I started to hit insane shots, shots that my brain cannot even compute. You should watch Relaaa on Youtube. Watch some of his videos, especially the Battlefield videos. This player is the ominous epitome of what controller users will face, because truth be told you won't be able to play like him with a controller. That's for sure.
I don't disagree that M&KB have an advantage. You just would be surprised by pro's who are planning to use controllers. After all, pro play is more than just accuracy.
I Wonder why Halo 5 Forge on pc is so hard to play with K and M ... because I am à CSGO player and yet I tripled my perfomances by using a controler. I thinK that K and mouse is not always an advantage ... Feeling in Forge with K and M is really weird and controler is so much easier that sticking to mouse and keyboard is counter productiv :/

My point being MCC PC could be more controler user friendly than K and Mouse...
Leocadius wrote:
I would not want aim assist for multiplayer pc version if they do add it no buy for me, defeats purpose of pc gaming in a nutshell.
Can you elaborate on why you feel so strongly in this direction? Do you think it would be unbalanced? What if they didn't add it for Mouse, but just for Controller?
Why I feel so strongly? It defeats the purpose of actual skill in the game, it makes you actual aim at your enemies and it does not auto move your gun towards the enemies head ect, which defeats the purpose of pro playing on multiplayer I am okay for it going single player but multiplayer is where I would draw the line. halo 1 PC by default had aim assist off.
lolwut? pc gaming is much more then the mouse.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm fairly sure that they will remove aim assist for M/K because of what tsassi quoted and the multiple occasions where they told us they want to make this feel like a native PC game. For controllers the best choice would probably be to keep it as an option that is "on" by default, but can be turned off if necessary. The real question for me is if bullet magnetism will stay the same or not, but I suspect it won't change.
Leocadius wrote:
Why I feel so strongly? It defeats the purpose of actual skill in the game, it makes you actual aim at your enemies and it does not auto move your gun towards the enemies head ect, which defeats the purpose of pro playing on multiplayer I am okay for it going single player but multiplayer is where I would draw the line. halo 1 PC by default had aim assist off.
Right. I agree for the most part. But do you not think that the advantages of both inputs balance each other out? Of course, I don't condone aim assist for Tournament play, but yeah. The thing is, it sounds like aim assist will be in the game, so it's really more of a matter of how and where it is implemented.
NAG4SE wrote:
I'm fairly sure that they will remove aim assist for M/K because of what tsassi quoted and the multiple occasions where they told us they want to make this feel like a native PC game. For controllers the best choice would probably be to keep it as an option that is "on" by default, but can be turned off if necessary. The real question for me is if bullet magnetism will stay the same or not, but I suspect it won't change.
I suppose an On and Off switch might be sufficient. The main issue then would be adapting to the two types of aiming if you were a player who switched between game modes/playlists. I also think that Game Type Settings should include an option to force Aim Assist Off in this case.
Leocadius wrote:
I suppose an On and Off switch might be sufficient. The main issue then would be adapting to the two types of aiming if you were a player who switched between game modes/playlists. I also think that Game Type Settings should include an option to force Aim Assist Off in this case.
I was thinking about an on/off switch in controller settings, rather than something controlled by game modes/playlists. I feel like that wouldn't make sense for the problem you exposed, players would have to adapt to different settings and that wouldn't feel great. I think giving controller users the chance to decide to have it on/off would be the best bet.
NAG4SE wrote:
Leocadius wrote:
I was thinking about an on/off switch in controller settings, rather than something controlled by game modes/playlists. I feel like that wouldn't make sense for the problem you exposed, players would have to adapt to different settings and that wouldn't feel great. I think giving controller users the chance to decide to have it on/off would be the best bet.
I am talking about having both settings. So controller players can turn it on. But if they go into ranked or something, it will force it off, most PC Ranked players probably don't want aim assist. And what I mean, is that ranked players may find it unfair.
NAG4SE wrote:
Leocadius wrote:
The whole debate over this topic is mainly is it fair, and is it balanced. So giving players a switch doesn't solve the balance issue. Some game modes should be able to force it off.
I sure hope not. Nothing more frustrating than trying to snipe somebody and then your aim wandering off because someone walked in front of your target.
I sure hope not. Nothing more frustrating than trying to snipe somebody and then your aim wandering off because someone walked in front of your target.
I think most people would agree it shouldn't be on the Mouse and Keyboard. The main argument is if it will be fair/balanced on the controller against M&KB players. Specifically in Competitive/Ranked/Tournament Play.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2