Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Any Halo Reach Multiplayer Tips? I played Halo CE!

OP LuikangSL

Hello everyone! So I played Halo Reach PC multiplayer today for the first time and can somebody list tips here.

I have been playing Halo CE Multiplayer like 6-7 years since 2008 and Reach feels different. How do you recognize your shots get hit? In Halo CE, there is a small sound when the other player is hit.

Is the Lead and Ping still matters? I didn't see anything shown about Ping so far.

In Halo CE, there were various servers to choose from, but it's different system now. Is it possible to join a specific server/match?

My favorite map in Halo CE is Blood Gulch and I found something similar in Reach today. What's that map name? And is it Blood Gulch upgraded?

If you have any useful tips, please share.

Thank you!
LuikangSL
Im probably playing around 300ping but the hit registration is on point so you don't need to lead. I played ce too so i hope its gonna be just as good when the flighting starts for it.

The DMR is weird if you didn't try it in custom maps. I don't really like it but anyway.... focus on the bloom. The game will tell you if its enabled or not. Its like uh.... bullet spread as you tap consistently.

You'll also notice that some maps are visually upgrade from the ce maps. Like battle creek. Though at seems hard to spot enemies at first... you'll get used to the maps
Welcome to Reach! Not too sure about ping, but I’m sure someone can give you a good answer. With Reach in the MCC you can search for social games and limit what types of games you’ll come across. There aren’t specific servers to choose from (I recommend trying Invasion in the ranked category, very fun). Blood Gulch was remade using the base map Forge World. It’s called Hemorrhage and is just a pretty version of BG using Forge World assets. Enjoy the game and try out all the new features!
In Reach I don't think there is a hitmarker, I can mostly tell if the shot lands judging by their shields flaring up.

Halo MCC typically will select a random Azure server and host the match for the duration of the game there. As of now there is no way to select the server you want, but 343 has mentioned they are looking into the possibility of server selection as a lot of PC folks would appreicate that (As well as Xbox folks too).

The Halo Reach version of blood gultch is Hemorrhage.
Im probably playing around 300ping but the hit registration is on point so you don't need to lead. I played ce too so i hope its gonna be just as good when the flighting starts for it.

The DMR is weird if you didn't try it in custom maps. I don't really like it but anyway.... focus on the bloom. The game will tell you if its enabled or not. Its like uh.... bullet spread as you tap consistently.

You'll also notice that some maps are visually upgrade from the ce maps. Like battle creek. Though at seems hard to spot enemies at first... you'll get used to the maps
Hey AyuCrystal,
Thanks for the info.

When I was playing Halo CE Multiplayer, there were servers with Lead On/Off and with 300 ping I had to shoot a bit ahead. I tried the same on Reach PC, but wasn't successful like earlier. (I mean this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPkR2VAeZIY)

That Bloom thing is so weird. I felt like a total Noob when playing Far Cry 1 with heavy bloom. I love the old no-bloom, but fixed area aim in Halo CE.
My favorite maps are Blood Gulch, Battle Creek and Hang 'em High. Can you tell me the names of these Maps in Reach?

Wizley15 wrote:
Welcome to Reach! Not too sure about ping, but I’m sure someone can give you a good answer. With Reach in the MCC you can search for social games and limit what types of games you’ll come across. There aren’t specific servers to choose from (I recommend trying Invasion in the ranked category, very fun). Blood Gulch was remade using the base map Forge World. It’s called Hemorrhage and is just a pretty version of BG using Forge World assets. Enjoy the game and try out all the new features!
Thanks for the stuffs. Yesterday I played most Game Modes including Invasion. Since I come from Halo CE, my favorite is 16-Payer CTF in Blood Gulch. Thanks again for mentioning the New Blood Gulch map name in Reach.

Is there any options to choose what Map to play, just like choosing Game Mode?

Yep! I'll continue to play Reach Multiplayer, because it's Halo :D

In Reach I don't think there is a hitmarker, I can mostly tell if the shot lands judging by their shields flaring up.

Halo MCC typically will select a random Azure server and host the match for the duration of the game there. As of now there is no way to select the server you want, but 343 has mentioned they are looking into the possibility of server selection as a lot of PC folks would appreicate that (As well as Xbox folks too).

The Halo Reach version of blood gultch is Hemorrhage.
Thanks for the reply. By Hitmarker, you mean that small sound heard in Halo CE that makes it pretty clear your shot is hit? I really loved that feature. So far I was able to get more kills with Melee Attack than shooting.

It'd be nice to have old server selection like old times, so everybody can play on their favorite map, mode with no friendly-fire and no re spawn times after death. :D

In old Halo CE, you had to shoot right side of the helmet to kill quickly. Is that changed in Reach Multiplayer?
Then I also got kills in Halo CE by shooting the player position even after he moved. (Head that was a magnetic thing). Is that changed in Reach?