1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
I used to play under the name Kevin, Killa and then in 2006 Nessy back in the KW days for halo PC. Anyone from back then around here?
I played Halo for the first time in 2006, starting with Halo Trial on PC, and eventually the full PC game either in 07 or 08. I played under the profile name Halo Chief. When my cousin got his 360, I also made an Xbox Live account, but Halo Chief was already taken, so I added the 117 in between, which is still my gamertag today.

I remember playing on "Grease's Server" on Halo PC in the latter 2000s, and "Rockets by Lack", which was still around until a few years ago.
Same name for Halo 1& H2Vista
I have the original Halo PC installed on my computer right now. I randomly get into it again for a few weeks every couple of years, but the lack of players and the laggy, high-ping servers always eventually turn me off. I think I first started playing Halo PC around 2003 or so, soon after it was released for PC. Great memories for sure. I often wish I could relive those times, playing on my crappy WinXP desktop computer with a huge beige 4:3 CRT monitor (used to call them boat anchors). Used to love playing CTF on Death Island with all vehicles (Blood Gulch, too, of course).

I'm not really playing it much now, but I usually go by the name of TomCat. Once MCC comes to PC, hopefully I'll have enough of a reason to not want to go back to Halo PC again.
I used to play Halo CE on Xfire. I was Foofoo14.
I played CE on the Mac when it first came out. I remember me and my older brother being very excited when Halo was first announced at the stage of Macworld in 1999. Then was super disappointed that we would have to get a Xbox when we heard it was stolen by Microsoft. I remember waiting for the port to be released on mac and playing it like crack. Funny thing is it wasn't till awhile later when I got a xbox console from a friend that I realized how crappy the pc port was. The shading and bitmaps, along with various other little nuances were just wrong. For the life of me I can't even remember my old tag.
First Halo was Halo 3 on Xbox 360 when I was a kid. My Xbox profile name was Mad Mauler 367 but lost access to the email linked so I made another one, EclipsedChicken. Played a ton of Reach on my original account and managed to get to Field Marshall. Stopped playing after Halo 4 since I moved to PC.
I used to play Halo Custom Edition, was 3rd in command of =US= United SWAT, was on Xfire as «US» Frozen and helped run several servers for that clan. Was also a member of =DG= Dark Guardians as =DG= Frozen.

And, if MCC has dedi server software, i fully plan to start running servers again.
acefrozen1 wrote:
I used to play Halo Custom Edition, was 3rd in command of =US= United SWAT, was on Xfire as «US» Frozen and helped run several servers for that clan. Was also a member of =DG= Dark Guardians as =DG= Frozen.

And, if MCC has dedi server software, i fully plan to start running servers again.
pretty sure i remember that US clan.
Ye man. Used to play Combat Evolved like mad (insane reading about all the anomalies in the port).
Unfortunately, the disc (second one xD) no longer installs past 83% so rip, but I've still got Halo 2 Vista- and with [redacted] it's actually become super playable.
I was an old school halo 1 pc player that played for years and still to date one of the most played games in total hours I have played. Went by “Fleet” in game and my xfire was “Elilte”. My xfire friend list probably has close to 300 Competive halo players at one point.

Played in multiple clans including being a 2nd leader for the number one clan for some time on klanwars.com (remember that site lol??). That clan was called [CK] crappy killers lol.

I wonder where some of the top halo 1 pc players went ? I remember “Bamboo”, “vodka”, “Benja” and many others. I don’t think I was on their level. But I wasn’t far behind.

Bamboo’s clan ruled the halo 1 pc world for a good while if I remember correctly. Clan “no one” or something like that... so long ago.
JamboNzy wrote:
I used to play under the name Kevin, Killa and then in 2006 Nessy back in the KW days for halo PC. Anyone from back then around here?
I was there.
So much chaos in Bloodgulch... so much fun!

Also got Halo 2 Vista but somehow Halo CE felt better.
I was an old school halo 1 pc player that played for years and still to date one of the most played games in total hours I have played. Went by “Fleet” in game and my xfire was “Elilte”. My xfire friend list probably has close to 300 Competive halo players at one point.

Played in multiple clans including being a 2nd leader for the number one clan for some time on klanwars.com (remember that site lol??). That clan was called [CK] crappy killers lol.

I wonder where some of the top halo 1 pc players went ? I remember “Bamboo”, “vodka”, “Benja” and many others. I don’t think I was on their level. But I wasn’t far behind.

Bamboo’s clan ruled the halo 1 pc world for a good while if I remember correctly. Clan “no one” or something like that... so long ago.
We are still around. Patiently waiting for H1 MCC to come out on PC. There’s a ton of old school PC players lurking and waiting for this to come out as well. Hopefully they make a decent 4v4 and 5v5 playlist.
bamboohpc wrote:

We are still around. Patiently waiting for H1 MCC to come out on PC. There’s a ton of old school PC players lurking and waiting for this to come out as well. Hopefully they make a decent 4v4 and 5v5 playlist.
Just make sure that when it comes to the ladders, it's PC players and not Ogres or anything that is sitting at the top.

Hi from ~DRA~
I used to play CE and 2 back in the day, though I only played the campaigns on various difficulties. I wasn't very interested in multiplayer back then.
Yep, played Halo PC since it came out in 2003. Did the clanning thing back then and i just might do it again. I also modded maps. Also played Halo CE, probably downloaded just about all the maps off of Halomaps for Halo CE. In fact, I've been playing a bit of Halo PC lately, I'd actually rather play it than the Masterchief Collection on XBOX One, or Halo 5 on XBOX One, as well. I just prefer the keyboard and mouse. I've tried Halo 5 Forge and there just aren't enough players for it. Hopefully, Halo 5 Guardians will be an official PC port, and so will Halo Infinite.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
bamboohpc wrote:

Woah. It’s him. The god. Good to see y’all are still here and waiting for the best of the MCC games: HALO 1 the one and only. The good thing is it should be coming after reach I believe. And yeah totally agree on the 4v4 and 5v5 playlists. Not sure how y’all feel about it, but I’d like to see a 2v2 playlist too. But for sure 4v4 takes priority.
bamboohpc wrote:

Woah. It’s him. The god. Good to see y’all are still here and waiting for the best of the MCC games: HALO 1 the one and only. The good thing is it should be coming after reach I believe. And yeah totally agree on the 4v4 and 5v5 playlists. Not sure how y’all feel about it, but I’d like to see a 2v2 playlist too. But for sure 4v4 takes priority.
We play MLG 2s as well. But that is almost a guarantee playlist. M+K is just a different pace of game compared to Xbox/controller. No offense to controller users but they won’t stand a chance in game types bigger than 2s.

With all that being said, 4s has become a little too spawn campy. They will need to adjust the game types to make it better. Hopefully there will be customs and we can figure out a game type suitable for competitive play.
bamboohpc wrote:
bamboohpc wrote:

We play MLG 2s as well. But that is almost a guarantee playlist. M+K is just a different pace of game compared to Xbox/controller. No offense to controller users but they won’t stand a chance in game types bigger than 2s.

With all that being said, 4s has become a little too spawn campy. They will need to adjust the game types to make it better. Hopefully there will be customs and we can figure out a game type suitable for competitive play.
I really hope we can get a no heavies duel playlist. That made duel much more enjoyable back when I played, and was by far the most common type of duel/tdm in halo pc for many years.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7