1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
acefrozen1 wrote:
I used to play Halo Custom Edition, was 3rd in command of =US= United SWAT, was on Xfire as «US» Frozen and helped run several servers for that clan. Was also a member of =DG= Dark Guardians as =DG= Frozen.

And, if MCC has dedi server software, i fully plan to start running servers again.
Can't remember if I ever saw your name but I do have faint memories of US and DG.. Didn't you guys have a server with the Ambush map?? Can't remember which server it was, but that map/gamemode was fun as hell. Would be great to see some gamemodes/maps where we played as Marines, if we do end up getting full mod support.
Also, don't have much memories of it but I recall playing Halo PC sometime around 2003-2005 (I was still a kid back then) but eventually moved somewhere else with no unlimited internet so I couldn't play as much. I bought the OG Xbox so I could play through the entire campaign, then later on Halo 2, and eventually Halo 3/H3 ODST. By then I had decent internet once again but I couldn't afford XBL so I spent all those years loading and running around empty multiplayer maps from H2 and H3 wondering how it'd be to play with other people. I don't remember how the next years went exactly, but I remember that I joined The Lord Protectorate/TLP, an Xfire Clan, and played a LOT of Halo on PC on maps like Ambush, Hugeass but mostly Coldsnap (the latter of which was made by a colleague of ours). A month after Reach came out I finally got XBL and actually started playing proper Halo matchmaking on Xbox. I would go back to Halo PC every now and then but I focused on progression and trying to make a name for myself on XBL (And it kinda worked, won a few tournaments with MSP/DLC prizes, all for Reach's DLC's ofc, played with devs/known players in the community, Rooster Teeth's folks). It was really fun, even though I was very limited otherwise given that I was living in South America. Then I moved to Europe but Halo 4/H5 happened and the rest is history. Shortly after I ended up selling my games and Xbox and buying a PC. So I'm hoping that with MCC on PC I can not only go back to seriously playing Halo, but also go back to meeting new players, reunite with old ones, and have the opportunity of playing all Halo games' matchmaking close to how they used to be back in their golden days to make up for the years I couldn't do so. For now I'll just keep playing Halo 3 Online/dewrito and Halo 5 Forge until MCC comes out.

On Halo PC, I was Shorty or TLP-Shorty. On Xbox Live and everywhere else, I've always been John Shortcut.
i still play it every now and then, my name back around 2006-2007 was philhalo66 or gwenyuu
I bought Halo 1 and 2 at launch on PC, does that count ?
I gave up on the franchise afterwards since it became Xbox exclusive.

Now I'm back. It feels good, really good. Catching up with the lore, reading the books, devouring the wiki, buying the various artbooks I could find.

It's just great to have Halo on PC.
bamboohpc wrote:
bamboohpc wrote:
I was an old school halo 1 pc player that played for years and still to date one of the most played games in total hours I have played. Went by “Fleet” in game and my xfire was “Elilte”. My xfire friend list probably has close to 300 Competive halo players at one point.

Played in multiple clans including being a 2nd leader for the number one clan for some time on klanwars.com (remember that site lol??). That clan was called [CK] crappy killers lol.

I wonder where some of the top halo 1 pc players went ? I remember “Bamboo”, “vodka”, “Benja” and many others. I don’t think I was on their level. But I wasn’t far behind.

Bamboo’s clan ruled the halo 1 pc world for a good while if I remember correctly. Clan “no one” or something like that... so long ago.
We are still around. Patiently waiting for H1 MCC to come out on PC. There’s a ton of old school PC players lurking and waiting for this to come out as well. Hopefully they make a decent 4v4 and 5v5 playlist.
Woah. It’s him. The god. Good to see y’all are still here and waiting for the best of the MCC games: HALO 1 the one and only. The good thing is it should be coming after reach I believe. And yeah totally agree on the 4v4 and 5v5 playlists. Not sure how y’all feel about it, but I’d like to see a 2v2 playlist too. But for sure 4v4 takes priority.
We play MLG 2s as well. But that is almost a guarantee playlist. M+K is just a different pace of game compared to Xbox/controller. No offense to controller users but they won’t stand a chance in game types bigger than 2s.

With all that being said, 4s has become a little too spawn campy. They will need to adjust the game types to make it better. Hopefully there will be customs and we can figure out a game type suitable for competitive play.
Makes sense on the controller users. And yeah hopefully they do figure the 4s (and 5s?) to make the ranked playlists fair and better for everyone. Hope they bring on some players like yourself and use the feedback to adjust the game types accordingly.

And yeah for the pros: custom games will most likely be a must for high competitive play
acefrozen1 wrote:
I used to play Halo Custom Edition, was 3rd in command of =US= United SWAT, was on Xfire as «US» Frozen and helped run several servers for that clan. Was also a member of =DG= Dark Guardians as =DG= Frozen.

And, if MCC has dedi server software, i fully plan to start running servers again.
Can't remember if I ever saw your name but I do have faint memories of US and DG.. Didn't you guys have a server with the Ambush map?? Can't remember which server it was, but that map/gamemode was fun as hell. Would be great to see some gamemodes/maps where we played as Marines, if we do end up getting full mod support.
We had one for a while. Also had a few map rotation servers as well as Zombies and standard/sniper gulch CTF no vehicle servers.
Alias I always went by: Assasin (yes I know spelled incorrectly) and later on my alias was SiNNa in other games mostly.

Xfire back in the day was: brownsoulja

Competitive Teams I created and played for: nø- and iClan

Clan I created and played in Halo 1.04: (DT)

I used to play a little bit of Halo Trial with Bacardi and Xact back in the day (2006-ish) until i switched over to the cracked version of Halo PC known at the time as Halo 1.04 - Played this for a couple of years until I gained access to the full version of Halo PC and Halo CE. The version at the time was 1.07 and it updated later to version 1.09

I played Halo competitively in a league known as HPT (Halo PC Tournament) from 2008-2014ish - Prior to the existence of HPT there was CAL, KlanWars, TWL and smaller leagues or tournaments. Arguably the game died around 2012 at the very latest (some would say earlier) but there were still competitive scrimmages or league matches played on for a couple of years. The North American community is completely dead now and it's mostly South American players that still play.

In total I played Halo Combat Evolved & Custom Edition on PC (Competitive & Casually) for around 11-12 years. Man I miss the old days! Halo PC/CE was my LIFE growing up

Here's one of the last videos I made playing Halo PC (mostly scrims + competitive league matches)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8ok1OMh6A
I used to play Halo CE online on my PC, mainly CTF on Death Island, I really enjoyed it although I was relatively young at the time (around 7).
SiNNa91 wrote:
Alias I always went by: Assasin (yes I know spelled incorrectly) and later on my alias was SiNNa in other games mostly.

Xfire back in the day was: brownsoulja

Competitive Teams I created and played for: nø- and iClan

Clan I created and played in Halo 1.04: (DT)

I used to play a little bit of Halo Trial with Bacardi and Xact back in the day (2006-ish) until i switched over to the cracked version of Halo PC known at the time as Halo 1.04 - Played this for a couple of years until I gained access to the full version of Halo PC and Halo CE. The version at the time was 1.07 and it updated later to version 1.09

I played Halo competitively in a league known as HPT (Halo PC Tournament) from 2008-2014ish - Prior to the existence of HPT there was CAL, KlanWars, TWL and smaller leagues or tournaments. Arguably the game died around 2012 at the very latest (some would say earlier) but there were still competitive scrimmages or league matches played on for a couple of years. The North American community is completely dead now and it's mostly South American players that still play.

In total I played Halo Combat Evolved & Custom Edition on PC (Competitive & Casually) for around 11-12 years. Man I miss the old days! Halo PC/CE was my LIFE growing up

Here's one of the last videos I made playing Halo PC (mostly scrims + competitive league matches)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B8ok1OMh6A
wow sick video dude
I had the game, never played it much. Mouse snipers made me hate sniper rifles on PC.
Played halo ce trail around 2011 or 2010 not sure. Decided to buy the game on PC and I played the heck out of that game, custom mods & online play was kept me playing the game for literally hours. Oh and mods as well.
Yea, I used to play CE forever ago on an account I think named "PotatoeZombies" or something like that. It was a lot of fun playing on some of those PC exclusive maps.
acefrozen1 wrote:

I remember being a young kid and playing against people with tags like yours, =US= and =DG= seem incredibly familiar.

I was just a young kid but I remember getting my -Yoink- beat a lot, and I remember getting somewhat decent and dishing out a few -Yoink- beatings myself.
<p></p>
Friday night + Coke-Cola + Halo:CE CTF on Blood Gulch, Sidewinder, Timberland and Death Island were the comfiest online experiences I've ever had.

If nobody else recreates a 24/7 Halo 1 CTF custom server I will.
Here. I actually was a beta player in the early online days before the official release. Upgraded to a new GPU exclusively for the game, and oh man, was it great.

Well, as great as early 2000s broadband with slight lag was ever going to be.

I never necessarily had the highest kill count, but I would often compensate in CTF through extensive use of stealth and strategy. Bloodgulch, for example... effective use of the side tunnels was vital, as was allowing your opponents to remain focused on the rest of the team. Play the game as if you were playing a Metal Gear game, essentially. In Bloodgulch the Ghost was my best asset, typically leading to easy and quick escape from a hidden base infiltration/flag capture, and effectively able to instakill many an opponent who couldn't hit you directly. You were certainly not invincible, but you were much harder to hit if you knew how to strafe than say, escaping with a banshee.

Good memories. Singlehandedly stole a great many flags this way.

I rarely played Halo 2/3/Reach as I had no interest in paying for online play (though I always kept my Halo library up to date), but I put hundreds of hours into CE online for those first 2-3 years. I also dearly loved every single one of the new PC exclusive maps. Console players really missed out on Halo 1 at some of its best, IMHO.

If the PC MCC is as good as I'm hoping, I may finally pick it up and play again. I can finally give my monster build an excuse to run a "modern" game on the nice 4K HDR Monitor I've got now.
Yep, I've been playing Halo on PC for years, and still do. I go by Jack117 on Halo: PC and CE, and SpartanJack17 on other games.
played 2 then got ce back in 2008. Didn't get to play multiplayer as much as i wanted to so im really keen to play mcc
I used to play halo on the pc as a kid when my Dad allowed me to. I died a lot of times.
I remember being so amazed with the Halo CE map Coldsnap. So much so that I still remember the name even though I haven't played on PC since '07 or something. It probably doesn't hold up today, but kid-me loved it.
Well, I Still have the first halo installed.

Modded to run at 1920x1080x75 with an FOV mod.

Still a great game. also Halo 2. been waiting so long. even have had a halo 3 sticker on my PC since. been waiting.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8