1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8
I've been playing Halo since 2001 on XBOX, played with System Link back then, then got Halo 1 on PC. I never got into Halo 2, since the mechanics of the Multiplayer I thought were completely stupid. I'll admit, I've been going back to the original Halo on PC lately because at least I can find players to play with. I'd never played any of the other Halo games (Halo 3 and 4) so I can't really comment on those, but I imagine their Multiplayer options were awful, too. What keeps me playing Halo 1 on PC is the server browser. Mind you, it could've been better but for what it is, I can still choose the lobby I want to play in, see the max players and the game type. Too bad it doesn't display the weapon set.

That said, I was really hoping to get into Halo MCC on steam. When it finally dropped, I immediately looked into the Multiplayer options, only to be EXTREMELY, and I do mean, EXTREMELY disappointed. I honestly don't want ANYTHING to do with the game maker's ridiculous "playlists". I don't want a competitive game or a social game. I just want a damn game. I just want to play, don't want to worry about ranks or achievements or any of that garbage, I just want to PLAY. That's what Call of Duty/Battlefield are for, to which I hate those games, partially for that reason. And you know what, CLANS brought the servers that people wanted to play in, not the game maker's playlists. You can't even run a dedicated server right now.

This was seriously a waste of $40 for me. Anyone wanna play a game of old school Halo 1 PC? I'm in. Lets bring that back, since to me this new Halo MCC is unplayable and there's no change of it in sight. Not sure how we'll communicate anymore, since XFire is no longer around, to which I didn't know this until a few months ago. I'd obviously fallen off of the scene.
Largo9933 wrote:
I still have my original copy and continue to play it to this day. I used to play a lot in Custom Edition as well, but there's barely any good maps hosted last I checked - just really over the top cheat mods (infinite ammo, rocket AR, super shotties, etc.) in original maps. I've used a variety of nicks though, ranging from the most weeb thing you can possibly imagine to the worst-edgiest ones.
Unfortunately, since I upgraded to Windows 10 my version doesn't work anymore. May I ask what OS you are using and if you also use Windows 10 how you managed to get the game running?
I'm on Windows 10 Pro and Halo works just fine on it. Do you have the 1.00.10.621 exe? Basically the ".10" EXE.

Go to this page: https://www.bungie.net/en-us/Forums/Post/64943622
Look for: Halo PC 1.0.10
Download it and run the EXE, it should update your Halo exe to the correct version.
I've played Halo trial and Halo PC from 2003 to 2008 or something.

My nickname was DarKsuN (darksun1990 my xfire :p ) and I was playing with other french people, but also with tons of Europeans dudes from the best teams at that times !

[FHG], [héhé], BiF, e0!, uTi, 33", $7, and tons I've forgot sorry.
I always thought it was kinda funny that there were actually Halo Trial clans out there. Never did play that version of it, though. LOL
I love this getting all the old players back and playing again. I went by briLLo and played for zL. My account is the reaL briLLo and steam friend code is 34181540 if anyone wants to party up
I played the Halo trial back in the mid-2000's. It was the most demanding game my family PC could play, and it showed a warning on startup saying that the integrated graphics probably wouldn't be able to work. But I played as much as I could, even though I was only a teenager at the time (my parents did not approve). Wish they would bring back the flamethrower. Even though it wasn't good, it sure seemed cool at the time.
Wow. Great times on Halo Trial/PC. I went by sil3nt. Started EHI. Lol. Actually, one of the first clans on Halo Trial was [SS]. Played with SS Saint, SS Gotti, etc..our rivals were ~MDN~ Lol. A lot of people don’t know this but the Bluedog password originated from SS Gotti. It was one of those things if you knew you knew. I remember the AIM chat till this day when that famous password was created. EHI involved myself, 3so aka esoterik (from Halo PC), Saint, etc..even got the infamous SoaC when HBR dissolved or w.e. I Beat the number 1 ranked guy in singles at the time “SoDoMy”.. I need to recover my old hard drive w/ FRAPs haha. You had to record your matches and submit them to Klanwars after. I was reading some
earlier posts and I actually played a couple matches for clan “No One” in particular when we versed # clan. Skyracer... you will always be my rival lol..the game kind of died for me when that legit aimbot became rampant.. but yeah, good memories..
yes dude
How unfortunate that I did not attempt to keep record of my friend list on xfire, although I did track a clanmate down from 08 on facebook, and although he did accept my request, he never spoke to me, so I unfriended him. Lost to the ages I suppose, as was my friends list.
UE-Foofoo14
Dr Fifty K wrote:
Halo PC, with its gloriously bad netcode was pretty much my very first experience with Halo Multiplayer... at one point I got so good that I joined a clan named Rebel Elite Defense (RED...) and so I stuck with the username RED~Belmont...

Since my initials are RED and Halo is also the era where leet speak was a thing... I eventually changed my user to R3D~Belmont456 and it just stuck. To this day I am still among the demigods of Halo Combat Evolved, and it’s still my personal favorite despite so many of the weapons being broken AF...
*S* RED_Vipes reporting in.
I miss yall and the clan lol *S* RED_Gwolf reporting in lol.
I played this game since 2001 on pc. What awesome childhood memories!!
Hotlord30 wrote:
It came out on PC in 2003. It first came out on XBOX in 2001. I take it you meant you also played it on XBOX?
Hotlord30 wrote:
It came out on PC in 2003. It first came out on XBOX in 2001. I take it you meant you also played it on XBOX?
Yeah i was playing it on xbox at my friend's house and when it came out on pc i could play it from my house. I forgot to mention it!!
Yep I used to play the original PC version of the game around 08. Went by the name Liam839, Dell1243 or [Elite Jelly] Liam839. Used to play on the Elite Jelly / ALB Black lobby
Was staying at a friends house back in 06 or so. Another friend was also here for a sleepover and brought halo PC on a flash drive. Went upstairs to my friend's dell pc, plugged said flash drive in and got addicted taking turns after deaths on blood gulch. Then got it the day after and experienced the whole deal, I think my name was sillyboy786.

Then skip a year later and got an Xbox with Halo 2 and 3 :)
Played also back in the days (PC) Halo Combat Evolved and later on the Custom Edition as "Craven" for years.
Most of the time in clan ~fm~ , later on also in »®« (both clans were based in europe).

Didn't and still don't like to play the Custom Edition due to the differences in aiming and vehicle health.
Unfortunatly you had to play it on clanbase in the last aktiv halo years.
Shot in the dark here.. I used to play PC, years ago. I was a part of {ghc}. Anybody still around?
T0asty514 wrote:
I played back around launch on pc, after trying it at a computer shop that was near me.

Ended up buying the game, to play on my Emachines T2862 with a Radeon X1300 GPU. It was one of the only games that didn't run at 10fps.

I used to go by the name "†††Raptor†††" back on Xfire, Steam, Halo, all that stuff. I was a VERY edgy teenager/kid, I know. :P

After that, "Stay Puft 1337" (on Xbox 360), then changed that to Mast3rxT0asT, and now T0asty514 (T0asty was taken).

I'm super hyped for Reach on PC, as that, and MW2, was my favorite game to play with my brother back on 360.
I believe I remember playing against you. {ghc}blondie
iamladya wrote:
T0asty514 wrote:
I played back around launch on pc, after trying it at a computer shop that was near me.

Ended up buying the game, to play on my Emachines T2862 with a Radeon X1300 GPU. It was one of the only games that didn't run at 10fps.

I used to go by the name "†††Raptor†††" back on Xfire, Steam, Halo, all that stuff. I was a VERY edgy teenager/kid, I know. :P

After that, "Stay Puft 1337" (on Xbox 360), then changed that to Mast3rxT0asT, and now T0asty514 (T0asty was taken).

I'm super hyped for Reach on PC, as that, and MW2, was my favorite game to play with my brother back on 360.
I believe I remember playing against you. {ghc}blondie
oh holy crap, sorry for the late response but your name sounds incredibly familiar!
Y'alls clan was fun to play with/against haha!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. ...
  7. 8