Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)

Bring Halo 5 to Halo MCC as an extra add-on?

OP azgoodaz

I personally wouldn't mind paying an extra $10 - 15 to get Halo 5 on PC. With Halo 5 Forge on the Windows Store, compatibility for PC support is there and already implemented. Now it's just merging that with the campaign and full multiplayer support.

Bringing Halo 5 would complete the journey for the PC community and get them ready for Halo Infinite.
If, and this is a big if, it ever happens, I wouldn't expect it until after Infinite. Even still, I'm perfectly content with just leaving it on the Xbox and pretending I never saw it and that it doesn't exist. I have exactly zero desire to ever play Halo 5 again.
I would be okay with them just bringing the campaign over.
It would be nice and I wouldn't be against them porting the game over to MCC, I don't really think Halo 5 is really worth the effort. There are just too many things to iron out and 343's interest in supporting H5 these days is fairly limited these days, plus It will likely only succeed in pleasing a small portion of players.
the game would be more than 250 GB. There are many features in halo 5 that i think would be hard to implement in mcc.So no.But it would be nice if its ported to steam instead
I think we will get Halo 5 on PC eventually but probably not as part of the MCC since it's more or less the same size.

I already said this is similar threads as this but I'll mention it again. Back when the Halo 5 Beta was running in the Xbox Version of MCC there was a "Play The Halo 5 Beta" Option in the Extras Tab in the Main Menu but after The Beta ended and actual Halo 5 was released it was instead replaced by a "Play Halo 5" Option that if you own Halo 5 it would close the MCC and immediately boot up Halo 5 making it feel a little more seamless than instead of just Closing the Game directly, going to the Menu, and selecting Halo 5.

If/When Halo 5 comes to PC I can see them doing something similar where if you own both the MCC & Halo 5 on PC they could easily make an Option for "Play Halo 5" that closes the MCC Application & starts the Halo 5 Application & vice versa so it feel a little more cohesive & resemble what the Xbox does with the two Games currently.
343 has said many times previously ¨halo 5 for pc is not in our plans right now¨ BUT if they got to work on H5 PC I don't think it will come within MCC since xbox already has it and it is not within MCC, it would be a bit weird that on PC H5 they were inside MCC and not on xbox ..... maybe one day 343 will work on H5 PC but with H Infinite and continue adding things to MCC I don't think H5 will arrive early ..... maybe in a few 3 years, just maybe
343 has said many times previously ¨halo 5 for pc is not in our plans right now¨ BUT if they got to work on H5 PC I don't think it will come within MCC since xbox already has it and it is not within MCC, it would be a bit weird that on PC H5 they were inside MCC and not on xbox ..... maybe one day 343 will work on H5 PC but with H Infinite and continue adding things to MCC I don't think H5 will arrive early ..... maybe in a few 3 years, just maybe
Hit the nail on the head right here.

PC and Xbox MCC must be on parity with each other now that they cross play. It doesn’t make sense to include H5 into the MCC because H5 already exists in the Xbox ecosystem. There is absolutely no reason for them to go through all the trouble of including it into the MCC on Xbox which rules it out of being included on PC. More likely they will port H5 as a stand-alone game on PC or update H5 Forge to include the campaign.
I'm perfectly content with pretending 5 never existed.
Halo 5 is plagued with loot box's, poor UI...it does not belong in MCC. Halo 5 needs to stay separate. Also all they need to do is update Halo 5's forge game on Windows 10 then add in the missing content onto PC.