1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was just curious about what you guys predictions will be for the button combos of halo 2? Do you think with the controller inputs directly mapped to keyboard controls we can still bxr and bxb? Because honesyly a competitive halo 2 player with a controller could definitely hold their own against a mouse and keyboard player if only the controller had access to those combos.
i am wondering this myself. i hope the combos are still there. same goes for the halo ce combos (backpack reload, double melee...)
I was just curious about what you guys predictions will be for the button combos of halo 2? Do you think with the controller inputs directly mapped to keyboard controls we can still bxr and bxb? Because honesyly a competitive halo 2 player with a controller could definitely hold their own against a mouse and keyboard player if only the controller had access to those combos.
Yes you could, if they don't change anything. BXR is just hitting the melee button, then the reload button, then the fire button really fast, and bxb is just the same with melee, reload, melee. It doesn't matter if the buttons for those actions are on a controller or not, you just have to be able to press them fast.
The only concern I have is macroing the combos on KB/M. It was an issue back when H2 was still in the competitive scene. People buying modded controllers to utilize these macros and gain a rather unfair advantage.
You can use button combos in Project Cartographer, so I believe you'll still be able to perform them in MCC Halo 2.
Yes you could, if they don't change anything. BXR is just hitting the melee button, then the reload button, then the fire button really fast, and bxb is just the same with melee, reload, melee. It doesn't matter if the buttons for those actions are on a controller or not, you just have to be able to press them fast.
This. It doesn't matter what input device you use, if the game allows you to do something you can do it by pressing buttons or keys. Besides, if they started to make artificially differences like these people would get mad and rightfully so.
The only concern I have is macroing the combos on KB/M. It was an issue back when H2 was still in the competitive scene. People buying modded controllers to utilize these macros and gain a rather unfair advantage.
You can use macros on a keyboard just like you can buy a controller with macros, like you said. Luckily macros are way less important in an FPS like Halo compared to, say, a fighting game.
NAG4SE wrote:
You can use macros on a keyboard just like you can buy a controller with macros, like you said. Luckily macros are way less important in an FPS like Halo compared to, say, a fighting game.
Usually that's true, but those button combos were a really important part of Halo 2. Being able to pull them off with 100% consistency would be a real advantage in a lot of situations.
Button combos are kind of annoying so 343i may just patch them on console & PC when the MCC comes to PC
Button combos are kind of annoying so 343i may just patch them on console & PC when the MCC comes to PC
you haven't payed much attention have you.... the community just about threatened to burn the studio down when they even hinted they may have been thinking about the possibility of considering it when MCC was first being released.
you haven't payed much attention have you.... the community just about threatened to burn the studio down when they even hinted they may have been thinking about the possibility of considering it when MCC was first being released.
I’m not the biggest H2 fan so you’re probably right. I don’t really know I just find them ( personally ) annoying
I hope they patch that stuff, it was so annoying to play against, felt like I was playing Smash Melee against a pro player. Basically it was an abuse of unpatched glitches in the game like Melee.
If it pass unpatched, guess I will just mark out the H2 servers when searching for a game, wouldn't miss a big thing actually
If you cant bxr or double shot you probably were never very good at Halo to begin with.
I think those combos were removed in the Vista port, and the Vista port is what the MCC version of Halo 2 is based on.
I think those combos were removed in the Vista port, and the Vista port is what the MCC version of Halo 2 is based on.
They weren't. You can still do them in MCC.
You can execute them in the xbox version of MCC last I checked.
If you cant bxr or double shot you probably were never very good at Halo to begin with.
I don't think practicing controller exploit techniques dictates how good you are at the rest of the game, let alone series. Positioning, game sense and aim have always been far more important even in Halo 2.
Lyn4301 wrote:
I don't think practicing controller exploit techniques dictates how good you are at the rest of the game, let alone series. Positioning, game sense and aim have always been far more important even in Halo 2.
Just you saying that shows how good you are lol. All the things you mention are givens when it comes to any FPS and especially Halo. Being able to double shot and bxr are the next level up in being a better player in Halo 2 and if you cant do them you are at a disadvantage in certain situations. If you cant really handle learning how to bxr then you probably were not ever a good player in any Halo.
Lyn4301 wrote:
Just you saying that shows how good you are lol. All the things you mention are givens when it comes to any FPS and especially Halo. Being able to double shot and bxr are the next level up in being a better player in Halo 2 and if you cant do them you are at a disadvantage in certain situations. If you cant really handle learning how to bxr then you probably were not ever a good player in any Halo.
I SO disagree. I often forget about button combos in H2 multiplayer, but I'm mostly able to get top ranking. Knowing how to play the game and learning the core factors and mechanics are something, but learning exploits like that is something else entirely. Going back to my case, I know how the game works, and that's just enough for me to perform well. Yes, I'd probably do better with button combos, but they're not necessary for good performance.
If you have to rely on an exploit to win, you probably were never very good at any game ever.
XenoSpyro wrote:
If you have to rely on an exploit to win, you probably were never very good at any game ever.
1v1 then? lol 2v2? 4v4? Lets see how good you are bud.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2